Accidental Progress

Notes:

Welcome to Wednesday fellow Descendants!

So, we've run into a little trouble with our Friday hangouts. Right now Twisted and I are not writing in the same house, so we're not sure how to do Dark and Twisted live. If anyone has a suggestion for us, please let us know.

But back to the chapter. This week we're checking in with Deez and Gil who are back at the cove. What progress is going to be made? And why accidental? We hope you enjoy.

Lots of love

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

Gil smiles as he holds up the newly forged sword he'd finally deemed fit for his captain.

The balance was nearly perfect.

The guard; gorgeous but strong, just like Uma.

The hilt was the real masterpiece though. He and Deez spent days carving and smelting creative additions most would envy.

His eyes sweep over the other swords they'd managed to create. He smiles at the two shortened great swords. It had been fun to test them out. It had been forever since he and Deez sparred.

Carlos's formula was perfect. His grin widens. He would've hugged him if he was here right now. The swords stayed strong through the clash. It was an amazing feeling as the sword's creator to feel how smoothly it moved, quickly slicing through the air with each powerful swing. He hoped that's how the others felt with their swords.

His grin falters as his eyes land on the last sword.

T.

His eyes narrow before he reverently sets Uma's sword on the anvil and walks over to T's. He hoped it was nothing but improved over the last one. After all, the only reason he found this passion was because of T.

He had only been too eager to take him up on his offer. Their swords had been laughable before, but now?

Not anymore.

All because T came up with a brilliant idea and figured out how to get it started and what they needed. Then Carlos, Deez, and to his surprise, even he collaborated to build the sharpest, sturdiest blades on the isle.

Sure it had been touch and go there at first. Every little crack and warp had tried to throw them off and make them give up. But together, they'd figured out how to solve nearly any issue.

He wasn't sure he'd ever felt so proud of himself, or so grateful to others. Without C taking such a huge risk, Deez trusting herself enough with her fire, and T dedicating half a month to knowing everything there was to know about smithing in the books he got, he never would have been able to create such beautiful pieces.

He wanted T here at the cove with them. Not laid out on the ship.

He wanted to hear Harry and T bantering while they tested the swords, not just the tang of the hammer as he beat back his fears and uncertainties.

He missed Carlos, Deez, and T conspiring new ideas for book club, ways to integrate better survival and safety into their perspective gangs. Missed them working on their own separate projects.

Everything had changed so quickly. So quickly and so many times.

He wanted to know how T, the kid he'd looked up to since he called him Dagger, got caught and ended up in his condition. How could that happen to him?