Tricky T

Notes:

Heyo Descendants!

Back with another update! I won't keep you long, Twisted and I aren't getting much time to write this week.

I learned my lesson last week though. So now when the alarm goes off, a chapter goes up.

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

"I did it!"

He looks up at Uma with a smile, "Great job." They'd been working on the locks for the last couple of hours, but without Harry or T present, it had started to seem hopeless.

He frowns as he glances towards the door. Where were they? Harry had said they'd be back in three days, but they were almost to the end of four. He'd spent all day throwing stuff at Deez and Uma to keep them distracted from the darker thoughts.

He knew how much Uma worried, and when Uma worried, Deez worried. Which in turn made him worried.

So instead of falling into that vicious cycle- Here they were. Picking locks. Or at least trying to.

"How did you get the last thingy to stick?" Deez asks, her brow furrowed as she continues to delicately jiggle the long thin tool.

"It is tricky, Baby Girl." Uma smiles before she sits back and pats her lap, "Come here, let me show you," She rolls her eyes, "if I can even do it again."

He smiles as Deez happily hops up from her seat and hands Uma the lock before she settles in her lap.

Uma wraps her arms around her, holding the lock up in front of them with a grin. "How's your lock comin' Sweet Boy?"

"Good." He smiles, "I'm on my fifth one."

"Fifth?" Uma demands with wide eyes.

Deez smiles, her knowing blue eyes staring up at him from under her white blue lashes, "Gil's gotten really good at this since he asked T for help."

"Yeah." He nods, "He's... Really good at motivation." Or should he say relentless bordering on cruel?

"In case you're still thinking of asking for help." Deez turns to look up at Uma, "Though I'd like to try and claim him next."

His chuckle rumbles in his chest. "Thinkin' 'bout askin' him, Captain?" He asks as he looks back at his lock. He wanted to get through ten tonight.

Uma sighs, "Yeah." Her brow furrows before she gently cups Deez's hand around the lock and then puts the tool in the other. "Try it now, and when you get stuck I'll feel around to see what the problem is."

Deez absently nods before she focuses on the tool in her hand.

He smiles as his lock pops open. He puts it in his pile before he grabs his sixth. Next time T locked him in a room he'd get out before he blew out all the candles.

Dick.

He glances at Deez and Uma. His eyes crinkle when he notices how much the two were concentrating. The tip of Deez's tongue was sticking out. Uma's jaw was clenched as she started working on her own lock.

This was so much better than homework.

He lets out another chuckle before he returns to his lock. Five more to go.

They all jump at the light rap on the door, "They're back." James calls out.

Thank god. He sighs with relief as he places down his picks.