Thanking Angels

Notes:

Hi again!

Yay, since you're reading this I got another chapter up!

We're getting back to book four today as soon as Twisted gets here.

It would be lovely to hear from you guys. Motivation is a hell of a drug :)

(Seriously, send help. We're discombobulated with real-life and both desperately want to get back into writing.)

Thanks fellow Descendants.

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

Gil grins as he ties off the dinghy. Every part of him trying not to get his hopes up.

But he was finding it so hard not to.

She was awake! Finally! It felt like forever since the last time she got to come out, and he was excited to finally thank her. Thank his Angel.

Was it still her? He'd hate to greet T with disappointment. That would be a shitty thing to do.

But they still weren't sure how it worked. And it was so rare that she came out. He bites his lip. What if they'd come back too late and she was sleeping again?

"Steady on my side." He grins at Harry.

"Aye lad, I be ah gettin' her steady on me side as well." Harry chuckles as he loops his final knot.

"Go on," Deez grins as she playfully shoos him, "Harry can help me out. Go talk to her."

"Aye Sweet Boy, I can be ah tendin' our Treasure here." Harry ruffles her hair.

"Are you guys sure?" Gil asks doing his best not to bounce and failing miserably.

"Go on, I know you've been excited." Deez smiles up at him.

"Thank you." He beams before he leans down and claims her lips in his appreciation, breaking the kiss when Harry clears his throat.

"So, ya be abandon'in wantin' ta talk ta be ah makin' out with the Baby Girl then?" He teasingly turns to leave the dinghy, "I ain'nah judgin', just be ah checkin'."

"Right," Gil chuckles, "I'mma go do that." He jumps out of the dinghy after one last kiss with Deez, before he races for the cabin. Without thinking he flings open the door and skids to a halt, his eyes sweeping the room.

"Gil, you weren't raised in the wild." Uma shakes her head as she looks up from her book, "Shut the door."

"Right, sorry." He grins sheepishly before he quickly shuts the door behind him.

Uma grins as she turns back to Faustina, "That's alright Sweet Boy, I think I know why you're so excited."

"It's still her then?" He asks bouncing on his heels.

Uma nods before she points to the other end of the table, where he could just make out the top of a redhead trying to disappear under the table.

Gil tilts his head in confusion, why was she trying to- Oh. He turns back to the door he'd nearly taken off the hinges in his excitement. He takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself down. He clears his throat before he carefully pads his way over to her.

His whole body was trembling in barely contained delight.

Years.

He'd wanted to talk to her, thank her, for years.

He was doing his best to remember how skittish she could be. Remember that she preferred quiet conversations. How she would jump if anything happened too suddenly.