Eli Clark 👀 Y/n, The Novelist

"Under the Robe"

           It was abnormally hot in Oletus manor. Leo's Memory wasn't snowy, Arm's factory had sunrays, Lakeside Village was unusually clear of fog. Other maps such as Eversleeping Town and Moonlit Park, were too too hot. In addition, the ciphers were made of metal, a good conductor of heat, and it caused some light burns just by touching. Because of the harsh weather, Miss Nightingale told everyone that they are free of matches until the maps have regained their normal weather.

           You wore a white bib-collared shirt, with butterfly sleeves. Instead of the long, gray buttoned straight skirt you sported on every match, you wore a fresh light gray prairie skirt that your cousin had gifted you. Your diary was by your nightstand, up to date with the current weather. Everyone was wearing very light clothing, even the hunters, which you found cute, yet odd as they probably couldn't feel the heat. Jack didn't sport his usual black coat and hat, and only wore his blazer and dress pants. Mary had worn a lacy, and flowery white dress, though it reached to her ankles. She didn't mind it though.

          There were a few people who went out to greet the morning sun, like Emma who spent her time in the garden, but most of them, like Helena, Emily, Tracy, Vera, Fiona, William, and Norton had busied themselves with joining the hunters to a trip in Leo's Memory. Naib and Martha, who took the heat as an advantage trained themselves in different schedules. Aesop and Andrew hadn't come out of their room, and so did Lucky Guy. Kreacher, and Freddy, still argued, with much more irritation as it was very hot. Victor would sometimes come to the garden and the library, though he would see the photographer, Mr. Desaulnier not sporting his blue coat and instead wearing his dressshirt. As for you, you decided to stay in the garden reading a novel. Emma was in another part of the garden, planting sunflower seeds. You would always drink tea as you read, but not today, as it was deemed undesirable to drink hot beverages in the heat of the manor.
You hear the door open and looked back to see the seer, in his normal clothes. Eli was one of your friends who you could come to and he would be listening to you. Both of you had also at least shared so many secrets together, that both of you had become very best friends.

          "Hey, Eli," you smiled, e/c eyes squinting as your lips curled. "Y/n. I've been looking for you. Since we don't have matches, maybe we can hang out in my room?" You let out a nod and closed your book, not without marking your page with a dried flower book mark. "Shall we go?" He held out a hand, a bare hand, and you nodded.

          "C'mere," Eli pulled your hands gently and closed the door. His owl was in a bird stand, sleeping cutely. "Sorry, you probably feel hot from what I am wearing," Eli scratched the back of his head, blushing. "It's fine, it's fine," you waved your hand.

          "Actually, there's something different in my outfit," Eli smirked. You looked at him skeptically, and started observing his figure up and down. He looked rather the same, sporting the brown leather belt that was actually long. Firstly, you guessed, "You don't have gloves?" Eli replied, "Technically that's different, but there's more!" You looked down to his exposed feet. "You don't have shoes?" He shook his head. "I'll show it to you," He guided your hand to his leg, and he glided it across the bare skin of his legs, which made you flustered, too flustered to notice that his legs were kind of sweaty. "I'm actually wearing shorts under my robe," Eli said, showing you the black shorts, which made you squeal once he started lifting the robe.

          "You're really cute, you know?" Eli teased after hearing your squeal. "A-anyone would be shocked if you s-started stripping off your robe in front of th-them, don't you think," you looked away, and he chuckled. "That is true, but you're a single person who had at least seen most of my skin. I thought you were used to it already," Eli chuckled once again. You buried your face in his chest. "Haha, I'm kidding. You're so cute to tease, (Nickname)," Eli petted your head as you turned the opposite direction.

          "Hey, Y/n," he called again, yet you were teasing him by giving him a pout. "Y/nnnnnnnn," he dragged and hugged you from behind. "Nooooo. It's too hot," you exclaimed as Eli held you close to his chest. "Hey, Y/n," He called once more. "What?" You asked. You felt a kiss at your forehead, "Love you," you blushed and rolled away from the seer. "Really?" Eli nodded with a warm smile. "Show me your eyes," you requested. Eli knew you were one to gaze at someone's eyes to see the truth. It was a habit that never got away since the past. He removed his blindfold, allowing you to see the markings on his beautiful eyes. You kissed the corner of his eye, and muttered, "I believe you." Eli hugged you more as you screamed, "BUT PLEASE DON'T HUG ME. IT'S TOO HOT!"

__
Me: *writing about the Oletus manor being hot*

Weather where I live: 36°C
*cries*