Eli Clark 💦 Y/n, The Bard

This is an angst, so BRING OUT YOUR TISSUES!! Also the poem is mine ^^
I WAS CRYING AS I WAS WRITING THIS AND I'M LIKE, "WHY DID I DO THIS?!" So, y'all know it's VERY sad if the author cries as well.

"Broken"

In this trying time in the manor, where everything was like a cycle, there was only one person, that kept you from growing insane. Eli Clark was a kind-hearted man, with a heart of gold. Instantly you grew to like him due to his kindness. He was often protective of everyone, and would sacrifice himself for the good of everyone. He was like a knight.

You were nothing more but a young poet, coming from Ireland, however you illegally migrated to England when your family died from intended arson. You were a wee little child of fifteen years of age, when you started writing poems and composing songs, however as the years passed by, you composed many songs, with little experience, only relying on the books of William Shakespeare, and other materials. You grew dull as well, and short in money. You were wilting under the boredom of your life, not until a letter dropped by, and you, who was desperate for a new change accepted your fate in Oletus manor.

You cursed to yourself, as every week was always the same, old, routine; wake up at six, eat, and play, eat, and play, eat, and play, and sleep at exactly nine in the evening. Your diary was full of the same lazy structure of, "I'm wilting like a rose in this manor, and he is the only one who could save me," over and over again. It was true, you would be the happiest girl alive if he would reciprocate your feelings. Alas, it was nothing but an 'if'.

You meet him in the garden, his gentle smile plastered on his face when he saw you. His owl hugged you, making you giggle as you patted Brooke's head. You were his friend in the manor, who would do anything to spice up the life, even while everyone is rotting. You were also quite hard to describe, as some saw you as lively, others saw you as quiet, and others wouldn't give a care to your existence (Eli scolded them to at least remember your name). You stood there with a single daisy flower, of pink petals. "What is all this?" Eli chuckled as you looked away, yet you held the pink daisy to him, and readied your next words.

"Here is a pink daisy to express my undying affection.
A pink daisy to express my only confession.
A pink daisy that symbolizes my shy admiration.
A pink daisy to show you my every emotion."

You held another flower behind your back, a pink rose that grew beautifully from intensive care.

"Now I give you a rose of unsaid feelings
A rose to show you my love, undying
From our very, very first formal rendezvous
To our very last second...

I love you,"

You grew red to the face the more you recited, and your feet were glued to the tiles of the floor. The moon shone brightly tonight in your confession, however the seer's answer had caught you unguard.

He walked to you, until he was a feet  near you, and blurted out a 'sorry' as he embraced you to his chest. Were you given the chance, or rejected? You don't know, but his answers have given you a pang in the heart.

"I'm sorry, but... I have a fiance, and she's waiting for me to come home." You dropped to his words as he held you. "O-oh... I see... she must be the luckiest girl alive," you whispered as you shed a tear. You let out tears and cried in his embrace. Oh, how wonderful that embrace felt, if only you remained blind to the harsh truth. Your chest hurt as you weeped, screaming out your emotion. At this point there were people who have woken up, and stared sadly at your form, despite not entering the garden where the heartbroken girl laid. As the hours progressed, you laid in his lap, dried tears on your eyes, as you faded to a depressive sleep. He carried you to your room, tucking you to your bed, with guilt in his face. "Good night... and I'm sorry," he left, his own tears pooling around his eyes.

For the next few days, you continued to act natural, yet you feel a mask form in your broken state. You continued to smile, yet deep down, you were weeping, and weeping for the truth was let out. Your eyes water as you lay in bed, hugging your pillow to your chest, as you sniffled and screamed, muffled by your pillow. Little did you know, there was someone who could hear your sorrow.

"Y/n, may I come in?" You hear a voice, not likely to be Eli's, and you looked to see Fiona, the priestess. You hear a chirp, and Brooke flew in to hold you as well. You held onto Fiona and the owl as you cried, head on her chest as she patted hour head, holding you. "I know the pain," she started as she looks at you with a motherly gaze. "I-i shouldn't have confessed. I-... I shouldn't have confessed... I didn't even have the chance...F-fiona... I feel so sad, so empty," you confessed in between sniffles and hiccups. "Just let it all out, and let your tears flow like the harsh river. It is okay to cry," you cried more to her chest as she held you like a mother.

Time passed by and everyone was brought back home. You managed to fake everything 'til the very end. Everyone said their goodbyes, even you, who had grew fond of certain hunters had to leave them. In the end, you looked at Eli, and grinned, sadly. "I'll miss you," you said before disappearing through the forest.

Years passed by, and you were wedded. Your aunt had forced you to marry after returning to that wilting life of yours. Your eyes were as dull as the day you confessed, and your smile was a sorrowful smile. In the midst of the moonlight, there was he, the embalmer. No, he wasn't your husband, but someone, who you knew could lift you from your sorrows. "Long time, no see, Y/n," he greeted, bowing. "Indeed..." you muttered as you continued to stare to the moon with teary eyes. "Every poems made to everyone are over there," you pointed to a desk with a lone brown book. "And everything I want to say, are expressed in that same book. My only last wish... is that Victor delivers it to all the survivors," you gently sat on the chair, as Aesop nears you, one of his hand on your cheek, and the other holding a syringe of bromide. "Will you embalm me one more time?" You whispered. "As you wish," he whispered, and with that, you have disappeared with a broken heart.

Your passing... was indeed as you liked it to be, dolled up in a coffin, buried six feet under the ground, and your grave surrounded with flowers. Everyone let out tears of pain, even Naib, who had honored you a worthy companion. In the end, there was only one man who remained, a blue hyacinth on his gloved hand. "I'm sorry," he whispered and cried.