Joseph ✨ Y/n, The Romance Writer

"I miss him"

            On such a frosty night in the Oletus manor, where hunters in the night spend their time hibernating out of sheer boredom, there was one man, who took the time to sleep, and wake up next to his lover. Even in the afterlife did she look stunning, and despite the changes she went from life to death, she still looked like the girl he fell in love with years ago. You were a writer, a romance novelist to be exact. Everyday, you would take the time to write, even just a chapter, about your life, and your goals; to find someone who you can spend the rest of the life with. How charming, but when you laid your eyes on a photographer, you felt the butterflies on your stomach. Joseph was a young man, a photographer, who loved to take pictures of anything he deemed beautiful. He was a polite man, and very elegant. Love started small when he took a picture of you, wearing a flower crown of small flowers. Everything was like a romantic movie, until you disappeared, braking his heart. Your disappearance was not expected, as instead, you were hidden away, the time of your death. Only the relatives, and the servants of your abode knew your passing, a poisoned cup of wine carried out by a different noble.

           Back to the present, the cold started to worsen, and left you shivering. You unconsciously reached for his body, only to realize that he was not in bed. Your eyes opened, revealing two e/c eyes, with gold specks of light that made your pools a wonder to stare at. You stood up, watching your night gown flow freely along with the blanket that you brought along from the night's harsh pre-winter air. You messily tuck a quill feather around your ear, and made way to your balcony, where you see the photographer, wine glass in hand.

          You snake your arms around the photographer, fazing him with shock that crossed his princely features. "You scared me," Joseph laughs, his voice slightly raspy from sleeping. "Sorry for scaring you," you whispered, tiptoeing to reach his ear and pecking it, making him sigh in contempt. "So, what brings you in the balcony this chilly night?" You asked. "Well, I..." You hear Joseph's tone change, which made you hug him tighter from behind. "I had a dream... a dream about my brother," Joseph sips his wine glass. "He told me that he misses me, that he loves me, and-" Joseph breaks down to tears. "I just miss my brother, Y/n. I- I miss Claude!" Your heart aches as you hear his strained voice, sniffling and hiccupping, mourning and saddening. You turned him around to face you, and you hugged him, tiptoeing. Subconsciously, he leaned down to hug you back as he grips the blanket wrapped around your form tightly. His tears wet some of the blanket and your dress, but you did not mind. You brush his hair with your fingers, playing with the strands. After a few moments of him crying on your shoulder, you said, feeling a little chilly, "Let's get inside before we both get a cold."

            Walking back to your room, you sat on your bed, watching him sluggishly climb the matress. He sought for your waist as his head hits your chest, snuggling deeper to your embrace. You hugged back, petting his head, "There, there," you repeated as you patted his head, watching his pants grow softer. "Someday, you'll meet again, you and your brother, and we'll be together, sitting by the gardens, making flower crowns and taking pictures of flowers. Would you like that?" Joseph hummed a yes as you smiled at his figure. "Then, when teatime arrived, we'll drink Earl Grey, Lady Grey, any tea we want, with scones by the side, and happy smiles," You could imagine the scenario in your head, making you smile as you hugged him closer. "Then we'll go anywhere you wanna go..." Joseph's cries had become sniffles. "I... like that," He says with a small chuckle. You kissed his forehead, and faced him, watching as his blue eyes stare upon your orbs. "We'll be out of this manor soon, and we'll be able to see the new things nature has to offer," You pressed your noses together, making an eskimo kiss. "For now, let's sleep. We have a long day of hunting tomorrow," you smiled when Joseph held you like intended. "Good night, Joseph, love you," you mumbled, making him chuckle at your cute gesture. "I love you too, my dear."