Edgar 💀 Y/n

(Edgar do be simping in this oneshot ngl)
"Fragment"

Why is that we live naively, deceived by a love, to be loved falsely...
And why do we live, live in silence,
inside a cage, not longing to be free?

Empty e/c eyes stared at the sun, a void in their heart tearing them inside. A love that never existed was the cause of the deep churns of despair, and hatred that welled up in their system, effectively shutting down the dopamine and serotonin producers in their head. A story of a bird, that ended in tragedy.

All your life, you were taught about love, how it can be defined as admiration, adoration, and wonderful. You were thought how to love is being humane, and so you sought for that one thing that makes you human: love. Ever since your parent's passing, you continued to find a love that will make you human like the others, until you were met with a male, who told you that he can give you what you desire. Your desperate hands held his, and you were swept away in the hands of the painter, Edgar Valden. He was someone, who showed you "love". To love is to never leaving the man, to trusting him completely, and seeing him as the source of true knowledge, and you, an azure butterfly, was caught up in his web of false history. With your understanding of the heart distorted, and your perception of love modified, you had become a bird that willingly stays in a golden cage, yet somehow, with an outstretched wing, you wished to see what lies beyond the manor that you lived in.

The painter held you in his arms, gently humming as he plays with your silken hair. All the while, you were almost entering the confines of your mind, dreamland. "You're my little robin," He whispers as he looks at your snuggled-up figure. "My precious little robin..." In a daze, he offers one kiss by your lips. You kissed back, like a starved bird. "You like it when I shower you in affection, don't you?" You nodded with a giggle as his nose touches yours. "That's why I am the only person fit enough to love you. You will never find anyone other than me to shower you with affection, adoration, admiration, everything. No one will risk everything for you, but me... That's why you shouldn't waste your time with anyone else, but me," Edgar whispers with venom laced with honey in his voice. Possessive, this man was, but you didn't think about addressing that. After all, to speak about loving him was the only thing you were taught to do.

The world reminds me of a vast ocean
The life I live is like a set of stairs. And here I wonder if you are sleeping peacefully...
Each step I take, the past, present, and future, they all just somehow lead to my despair.
I wonder if it exists, the time we share together...

Living life in a rock by the constraints of a life confined in a manor, you knew nothing about the world outside his manor. The last time you got out was around a youthful age of fourteen, eight years after the downfall of your mother and father. You lived life like a vulnerable little bunny, until you have met the painter, Edgar Valden. He was a man with hardworking hands that had been coated with paint more than once. He was an odd man, but he was charming, gentle, and kind; or that was the side he had showed you. In truth, he was a narcissistic man, with a possessive nature. He loved to be in control, and seeing someone as naive as you, you were a perfect manipulatable person. He had you in his grasp, like a spider inching close to the delicious dinner of azure wings laid out for him like a plate of perfectly-plated dessert, he indulge in his treasure.

Despite this, however, you were able to taste the clear blue sky when your friends sent you a letter. You never noticed the time apart with your friends become wider. Actually, you forgotten what it feels like interacting with other people. "We've been handing you letters but we've been getting nothing. We were worried," Melly, one of your closest friends said. "Yeah, Mr. Grantz here has been worried ever since you stopped hanging out," Luca said, looking at the timid blonde who looked away with a blush. "I was able to go out of the house. Hopefully Edgar didn't mind," With the mention of Edgar, Luca's face turned to a small sneer. "That guy should be letting you out, talking with your friends, like seriously," Luca scowled. "I'm sure he's just protective of me," You replied with a sweatdrop. "I don't think that's the case," Andrew muttered. "Anyways, let's go to that cafe Y/n hasn't gone to," Melly clasped her hands together.

The day ended happily for them, but for you, it was the opposite. "Didn't I tell you not to go out of the manor?" Edgar looked at the female who just entered. "I-i'm sorry. I-i just missed them, so I-" Edgar silenced you with a glare. His eyes softened and he came to you, holding your hands as if it was a delicate flower that could die at any moment. "Oh, you know I can't stay mad at you, baby," He dotes on you. "But promise me that you won't ever go out again," Edgar whispers, his forehead touching yours. "I'm the only one you need, remember that."

Hands intertwined, should have stayed like that but somehow
Each tick and tock, of the clock, it slowly stops as our distance, grows as wide as the pools of blue
And the warmth of your hands
Nothing but a memory

A day became a week, and a week became a month. Each second passes by and you stayed in the manor, heart fulfilling its desire to be loved, but somehow you never felt fulfilled. It was as if the love you were given had chained you instead of setting you free. You were unsatisfied with the meaningless events in the manor— hell, you don't even know what day is it today. When was your birthday? Had it passed? How are your friends? Did your connection with them even last? Despite the queries in your head, you were told to only speak words of affection, and nothing out of that. You solemnly watched the days go by, rotting from a love that kept you unsatisfied.

One night, you watched the moon on your bed, mindlessly counting the stars, though you knew it was impossible. Suddenly, you felt the leaves of the trees shake, and you were surprised to see a familiar figure. It was Luca Balsa. You opened the window, and he sought for your hand. "W-what are you doing?" You asked him with widened eyes. "Come with me!" He exclaimed, offering a hand. You were, however hesitant. "Why?" You asked, trembling voice. "Edgar told me that I shouldn't go out of the manor, especially this late at night," You exclaimed back at him. "And you believe him? Why, because he loves you?" Luca retorted. "This isn't healthy, Y/n. Take my hand. You don't have to suffer like this!" Luca gestured his hand to you, however the damage can't be done, especially now that your beliefs are that the love he brings outweighs every other person's out there. "No, I-i can't!" You ran out of the room, and poor Luca couldn't convince you.

"I told you. The outside world is dangerous. You shouldn't be friends with someone like him, Y/n," Edgar purred, his head on your neck. "Don't worry, my dear. I will protect you. My love outweighs any other love in the world," He whispers to your ear.

Indeed, you lived in a cage in content of his love, unaware that his love was like a toxic waste, dumped onto what you perceived the world as; a vast ocean, now distorted under his lies. You didn't mind, in fact, you were still living the life built upon false history.