Victor ✨ Y/n The Candlemaker

Slot 1 : "Love"
- requested by Mothia15

          You, Y/n, are a candlemaker, who always kept to yourself after every relationship of yours to the outside world, became nothing but broken fragments. You were very timid, very quiet, yet you were one of the well-known survivors in the hunters, despite having a candle as your only weapon. It could reach to five uses, which by then, there would be no more wick. Your candle, which was a normal red candle can decrease hunters overall speed when getting chased in a three-meter radius, approximately speaking. The only disadvantage to your physique was the trails of red candlewax you leave behind, along with your decoding skills. You were a great healer however, due to many past experiences of skin burning.

          Despite your timid nature, you were still able to have many connections in the manor, and one of them was Victor Grantz, the postman. He was much more shy than you, however both of you came to enjoy the company of the other, from peaceful candlemaking in the garden to making letters for the next match in the archives, sometimes bumping into Joseph along the way, and sometimes Jack. Both of you knew each other's desires, and unknowingly, they have been planning quite a big surprise for each other.

          The fountain pen glides through the parchment, effectively writing each word with an aesthetically pleasing font. Each stanza appealing to the eye. With a small "Love, Y/n," you finally finished your surprise. Beside the piece of paper was a small intricate candle, designed like a frangipani, or a plumeria. Not to mention, it also smelled like plumerias, which Emma had suggested you to try putting in a candle. Emma had also teased you that the frangipani symbolizes marriage. Until now, the thought never left your head, even as you folded the letter to an envelop, using the wax that you had kept heated as a wax seal. You placed a "Lily of the Valley" flower and sealed the message as the same flower was marked onto the seal. Carefully, you let it dry, standing up to stretch your arms.

          "Victor should be back just about..." you hear the door of the back entrance of the manor open followed by groans. It seems everyone has been beaten up by Antonio Paganini, the new hunter, who you have met when you were passing by the library. You walked out of your door, seeing Victor's dog come to you almost immediately. "Hey boy! So good to see you!" You cooed, patting Wick at the head. You hear running footsteps coming to you, knowing well that it was the postman, out of breath. "Welcome back, my little Victor," you smiled a gentle grin as your hands ruffle his hair. He chuckled as he hugged you, your face squished onto his chest. He was always affectionate when it came to seeing you. It made you joyous when he did.

          He made a deep breath as he walked inside, closing the door. "I have something to tell you," Victor whispered to your ears, his voice as mellow as the fields in front of your cottage before the massacre in your past. "I..." You took a big breath and replied, "I do to." He blushed a light red, and it made you chuckle at his adorable expression. "Y-you can go first," Victor stuttered. "N-no, you go first. It's hard to tell you this things," Now for Victor, there was a pang in his heart that told him that it was something bad, very bad. What if you were with someone already?! Was it Eli? Naib? Aesop? Perhaps one of the hunters?

          He pointed his index finger at you, and then to him, as if to say, "Let's say it together." You nodded, and both of you closed your eyes.

1...

You took the letter from your desk. Victor took a step forward to you.

2...

You put the letter to your chest.
Victor's hand reaches your waist.

3...

He planted his lips to yours as you gasped to process the action. After a few seconds, you feel him retracting with a frown, when you pulled him back to you, kissing him once more. Your arms wrap around his neck, as he kisses back with more confidence. It was a gentle, yet soft touch of his lips, that you have gotten jittery, and happy. Once both of you retracted, you gave him your made letter and a candle, making him smile big as you embraced him, hiding your face to his chest. "Is it?" He whispered as you nodded with a grin. As he opened the letter, gently, he found the folded paper, and unraveled the message. Written in front of him was poem, that made him grin gingerly as he read down the poem. After a few seconds, he det down the letter, and hugged you so deeply, his tears staining your cream dress.

          "Uwaaa, don't cry!" You panicked as you petted his head, his arms tightening more around your waist. "I-i'm sorry. It's just that-" he sniffled, "-Receiving a letter and a message like this is just s-so overwhelming," he whispered.

          "Thank you! I... I love you so much, Y/n," A pang of joy stopped you from thinking, as you hugged back with an "I love you too."

You weren't thinking straight, your heart was now in charge as you guided him to your bed and pushed him to lay down, you following after to snuggle with him. "You don't have a match, do you?" He shook his head after a few seconds.
"Good. I want to stay like this. You must be tired from the last match," you lovingly muttered as you looked at him with your doe e/c eyes. "Sweet dreams," you smiled as you started closing your eyes. Victor gazed at your figure for a while before he decided to sleep himself. "Precious," he whispered and pulled you closer.

          If y'all think that was done, there is more.

Timeskip to a few months, and not many noticed the subtle change in your relationship, except Eli, Aesop, Naib, and Tracy. As both of you often acted like friends in front of the masses, both of you were much more intimate together.

           "You looked bothered, postman," A voice echoed throughout the room. Victor pondered in his room, which was scented with ink and paper. "I think I can help you with that," the voice spoke near is ear. He looked around, panic overflowing as his eyes landed to a bird with a mask. It was Miss Nightingale. "You want to find a gift for the candlemaker, isn't it, Postman?" Victor vigorously nodded. "Well just in time!" Miss Nightingale hands him a box out of nowhere. He observed the box, which had holes near the corners, yet he couldn't see what was inside. "Give this to her. It's one of our newest pets in the shop, and I'm sure, she would love this one," Miss Nightingale said with a determined tone. Victor then bowed, nodding his thank you's to the lady. By the time Victor looked up, she was gone, flying through the night. Victor inhaled a deep breath and started to walk out of his room to yours.

          "Oh, hey Victor. Come in," you greeted with a genuine smile as you let him sit on the bed. "I wanted to get you something for everything you've done for me. I'm really grateful, so please accept my present," Victor whispered to you, handing you a brown box. It shook for a few moments, but when the cover was lifted, Y/n gasped. A mini postman  showed up, along with an S-tier skin card. "I'm in awe. Victor I-" you lifted the mini Victor and the skin card. "I'm very happy that we're together. Thank you for the present. I love it so much," you snuggled with the mini Victor as Victor hugged you from behind. "I'm very happy too, and I wish that when we get out of here, we will be together," Victor whispered to your ear, fluttering kisses, until he had reached your lips. He lovingly seals your lips with his as both of you kissed under the moonlight, a nightingale watching over the scene with a happy chirp.

__

Writing this oneshot made me happy ww