Aesop ✨ Y/n The Tea Lady

Sorry. This pic made me laugh so I'll give y'all this pic xD
_____

Slot 6: "Valerian Tea" : Requested by Pink8love

          While Aesop Carl, a survivor with a cold stare, has always shunned away himself from the living, he had always found himself staring at a survivor with a stare of admiration. What was it in that survivor, who always made him intrigued? Was it the way she talks, as her voice was pleasing to the ears? Was it the way she moves, like a graceful swan? Or was it the calm scent of tealeaves that always seems to follow her? Whatever it was, Aesop wanted to put in efforts into befriending her (he denied it at first), and maybe know more about the general description everyone puts to the tea enthusiast.

          As for you, you are a tea lady, often the talk of the high-class, due to your utmost formalities, however, you were short on money, despite your high-paying job, and it was none other than your father's fault. He loved to waste it on drinking beer, and one-night stands with prostitutes. That man was incredibly vile, and to be away from him was one of your dreams. As for life in the Oletus manor, you were someone easy to talk to, and someone who could calm anybody down. Your personality is not only pleasant, but it shows a lot of similarities to your skills. You brought a teapot and a teacup in matches, always filled with chamomile tea. The tea helps survivors calm down, decreasing the number of calibrations in decoding, significantly. You were a power supply, as everyone describes you as. Even out of matches, you bring peace, even to the hunters.

          In dark nights in the Oletus manor, where the room is shrouded in gray clouds, the air grew colder, and colder as the winds picked up. You were out at twelve in the morning in your nightgown and a gray cardigan, blending Valerian tea, a tea, known to be great in helping you sleep. As you continued to blend, you hear steps as if walking down the stairs. Looking behind, you were met with the embalmer, his gray eyes gazing on your e/c ones softly.

          "It's twelve in the morning... aren't you supposed to be asleep?" Aesop muttered, sleep lacing his voice. "I should, but it's very, very cold inside," you replied with a light chuckle. "I-if it's alright, can I have whatever your having?" Aesop stuttered slightly. "A-ah I mean, it's alright if you don't g-give me," Aesop slightly panicked. "It's  quite fine. I've made a teapot-full," you smiled. "Plus, I've brought another cup. Teatime is always pleasant to the eyes when you have someone to spend it with," you added as you organized your tray. "Where would you like to stay? The library would be a nice place, don't you think?" Aesop curtly nodded.

          "Shall I help you carry?" Aesop asks, however you have already carried the tea, not spilling as you walked upstairs, Aesop following suite. "I'm fine with carrying these, so don't worry," you replied as you held the tray carefully until you made it to the library.

          Aesop quickly opened the door as your hands were full, and you thanked him with a small nod. Placing the tray on the table, you poured a cup of Valerian tea to Aesop, and poured yours as well. "I've also made some truffles as well to eat. You may have some if you like," you gently pushed the small plate of truffles near him.

          Aesop unravels his lips from his mask to drink. You carefully sipped the tea, your lips curling to a gentle smile. You looked beside you, and watched Aesop sigh in bliss at the tea. "Y-your blend is always so delicious," Aesop muttered with a blush. "Thank you," you replied with a close-eyed grin. Aesop swore he saw flowers radiating off of your figure. Suddenly, he had the urge to ask.

          "If I may ask, why did you join this game? Was it because of the money, or something more?" You stiffened at the question, "It's alright if you don't tell me. I shouldn't be nosy after all," he added. You chuckled, "no, no, I'll tell you. I'm quite open, after all," you smiled.

         "I guess, it's to get away from my father, maybe after playing these games, I'd find myself managing a teahouse, with my money not disappearing by a beer-smelling, disgusting excuse of a father," you continued to smile as you replied, Aesop sweatdropping at your grin, but he turned serious after.

          "You can stop smiling, if you want to. It must be tired to act happy in front of everyone," Aesop muttered. Your smile falters slightly. "I'm used to smiling a lot to please the masses, so faking it to the end is piece of cake. Don't worry," you replied. "No. Please don't fake it around me," Aesop responded, almost immediately. Your face was that of shock, before you let out a tired smile.

          "S-sorry! I- I don't have any authority to tell you what to do. I-i'll stop talking," Aesop panicked once more. "No, I don't mind you talking to me, but... are you sure it's alright if I don't smile?" He looks at you with a surprised stare as you sipped on your tea, a tired grin on your face. "Having to act like you're happy... I guess it took a toll on you, huh?" You nodded. "I just... feel the need to smile like how I greet my customer. Pleasing everyone has always been my top priority," you muttered, hiding your face with your hands.

           "No, Don't hide from me," Aesop took your hands away from your face, gripping them with one hand, and the other hand wiped away your tears. "I want you to be able to smile and frown genuinely, instead of having to fake a grin, because I want you to be comfortable with me," Aesop whispers, making you blush. "So... please be relaxed when you're with me," he finishes his sentence. "I..." more tears fell down from your eyes. Aesop held you close as you silently cried. "You're safe with me, so please let your guard down and relax," Aesop patted your hair as you snuggled to his chest. "Thank you, Aesop," you whispered with a small grin, a genuine one, as you felt slumber encasing you slowly.