Edgar ✨ Y/n

MODERN AU teehee
_
"Just us"

           The big house was often lively, as each and every one of them bonded from a single ring from the phone. Different kinds of people gather here for a game. Y/n's eyes flutter open, expecting the calls of a familiar coordinator, but this morning was quite unusual. Opening the door, she found the halls quiet, but not eerie. Walking out to the dining rooms and such, she found out that there was no one, but a familiar male with brown hair and a beret. He sips his tea, and eats alone in the dining room. The sound of the door closing has been heard, and without eye contact, he greets the female.

"Morning, Y/n," Edgar says, not looking away from his phone. "Good morning... Where did everyone go?" Y/n asked, retrieving a plate of a healthy-looking ham and cheese sandwich. "Ah, they went shopping," Edgar replied. "I see." Breakfast was silent. "Oh yeah. I almost forgot," Edgar walked next to te unsuspecting female and held her close. Y/n almost choked on her sandwich.

            "Since it's just us two for the day, and we've been dating for quite some time... Maybe we can... enjoy the day together?" Edgar buried his face on the female's neck, cheeks warming up. "I-I'm saying that because I'm bored, okay? Don't think I'll be all snuggly and cuddly just because they're away!" Edgar tightens his grip.
"Alright, alright. What do you want to do?" Y/n smiles, unconvinced. Edgar was a softie at heart, despite his quite arrogant nature. "Netflix?" Edgar suggested, not yet retracting. By that point, Y/n was finished with her meal, now leaving the coffee to be consumed. "And ch-," Edgar tightened his grip on her shoulders painfully. "I'm just kidding, don't break my arms," Y/n muttered in pain, a smile still evident in her face.

"There's so much shows right now. What do you want to watch?" Edgar asked as he scrolled through the recommended movies and series. "Have you seen the Alive movie? It's a zombie thriller though. We can watch that if you want to," Edgar slightly paled at the thought of zombies. "O-oh I see. We can watch that. Just don't come closer when you're scared," Edgar smirks, already regretting his decision when the female looked at him and held her arms out. "And I'll welcome you in my arms when you're scared!"

          And she was right. She did welcome him in his arms. Even when he told her to stop hugging, she continued to hold his arm like lovers. The thought of her warmth made Edgar blush in embarrassment. The movie continued on, until the two protagonists reached the rooftop, almost losing hope when no helicopters arrived. It was then the helicopters arise from below, soldiers shooting at the zombies. Y/n mumbled about how it was quite weird for a helicopter to come from below, but nonetheless enjoyed the movie. As for Edgar, he sighed in relief, and had given up trying to remove her looped arms on his shoulders.

           The movie ended, and the two were sleepy. "Oi, movie's done, now stop hugging me," Edgar poked the female's cheeks, making her laugh. "I don't want to," Edgar whined softly, but they were too tired. Their eyes started to close and sleep.

           A nudge woke the two up, and as Y/n rose from her slumber, the people greeted her, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Y/n smiled, holding Edgar's hand to drag him to her other housemates. "Good job Edgar!" Emma clapped as Edgar looked away from Y/n's lips. The female hugged her lover with a grin. "A-alright- stop kissing me, and go open your gift. I hope you like mine..." Edgar muttered, a rare grin on his face, making the female's heart flutter. "Oh my- I am in awe! The portrait looks so pretty," she started to tear up, yet continued to smile at her self-portrait. "Don't cry on me now! I know I am a master at it, but eat the cake, you dum-dum!" Y/n laughed. "Alright alright, my love." Red emitted from his cheeks at the sudden nickname. As Y/n ate her cake, Edgar watched his lover with a small grin. "Oh Y/n. I love you so much... I wish that we'd be together... I know I can be arrogant, but you've been kind— I... How did an angel end up here?"