Joseph ❗ Y/n The Leading Actress

"Protect"

         "Has Joseph gone back yet?" You asked Mary in a bored tone. It has been at least thirty minutes when Joseph left, and it was worrying you. "I'm sorry, but I haven't seen him in a while. His match must have been quite long, hasn't it?" Mary clasped her hands together as she replied. "Matches don't really take that long, don't you think?" "You have a point," Mary mused. "He'll probably be back soon. Maybe he's currently being friendly with the survivors," Mary patted your back as she passed by. You stayed at your place, by the halls, processing.

         Worry fills your mind as you paced around the vestibule of the hunter's wing, the other hunters watching you pace around, worried as well. Why was everyone worried? Joseph Desaulnier has never come back from his match. It's already midnight... where could he possibly be?

          "Jack, don't we have a list of the survivors in the match?" You asked, panic in your voice. "Joseph was matched against Aesop, Emily, Margaretha, and Andrew. It was a victory for the survivors," Jack said, reviewing a paper. "I'm going to go ask them where he is," you wore your salmon-colored cloak and your item, a rolled up script. You walked to the library connecting the factions, only to find a scared Emily. "Doctor? How are y-" "A-Aesop's keeping Joseph in the basement," you looked at her wide-eyes. "I saw it with my own eyes..." Aesop... Aesop Ca- The embalmer! Yes!
You feel Jack, Wu Chang, and Burke, surprisingly walking to the library as well.

          Burke was the first to ask, "Is he chained?" She nods. "He said something about fixing Joseph, but I feel nothing but worry. He wasn't likw this before," Emily added. "Thank you for your information, Doctor," Wu Chang bowed. "I know the way to the basement," Burke said. Well, he was part of the manor staff before the Oletus game started. "Lead the way," Jack mused.

         "It's always by the library, underneath the carpets," Burke said, opening the carpets. "We can't wake up anyone, so we'll have to remove them gently," the three nodded to Burke's advice. "We're going in," you walked the dark staircase, a lamp on your hand (which may have came from our moth hunter).

          It was around three in the morning and the sounds of metal chains pulled becomes louder. Slowly, you tiptoed to see a cage, to where the photographer was said to be chained.  You looked to see Joseph Desaulnier the photographer, hair untied, wearing his dresshirt. His eyes were slightly dull, as if he was losing hope. When he looked to you, his eyes brightened up as he teared up. He was gagged, and his neck had lovebites. Burke succeeded onto taking off the chains while Jack had unchained the other one. Wu Chang guarded the passageways. As soon as Joseph was free, he immediately held on to you for dear life, hands tightening around your neck. "Shhh, I'm here. We're here to protect you," you whispered softly rubbing his back with small circles. Joseph silently cried in your shoulder as you hugged him close to your chest. Suddenly, all of you hear a sound of someone walking down an unkept entrance.

Removing the gag, you carried him like a baby as everyone had ran back up to the upper grounds, quickly. "I'll tell Miss Nightingale about this," Burke left once everyone had resurfaced. "Please do," you bowed. You thanked the other two hunters with you and continued to hug the scared photographer.

           You arrived at Joseph's room, laying him by the bed. "I'll draw a bath for you," you smiled as you did your magic, plum flowers decorating the bath along with a milk-scented soap. You also lit off a few plum-scented candles. You walked back to the room seeing Joseph, still sitting. "The bath is almost done," you gently grinned, holding his hands. "Please... stay with me in the bath," Joseph muttered. "If it makes you feel better," you replied gently. "Thank you," he hugged you one more time as you lead him to the bathroom.

           You readied his noble clothes, folding them near a shelf before walking over to where he sat, in the tub, still out of himself. Gently, you washed his hair, untangling the locks with no pain. You massaged his scalp, watching his face contort to a contented state. "Does that feel good?" He nods. You continued to service him to get him relaxed.

           Once he was done, you left the room, staying by the door as Joseph dresses himself. "You know... I was really worried," you talked to him from the door. "I was pacing around like a cat finding its lost children... I thought I lost you," you chuckled sadly. "I'm sorry for worrying you, Ma Chèrie..." you hear Joseph return the response. "You have nothing to be sorry about. I should have known the lengths that crazy man would go through to get you..." you sighed. You hear the door open as Joseph takes you in, hugging you close to his chest. He didn't wear his shoes and his coat just yet.

          "Let me place ointment on you. You were badly marked," you lightly shifted to escape his embrace, taking a small ointment, before rubbing it on his neck. he flinched a bit, but relaxed.  "I'll protect you this time, like a knight in shining armor," you gently grinned, going back to your hug position.

          Morning arrives, and Aesop stares at the now-unchained basement, teeth gritting under his mask. He mutters softly, "Love, I'll get you back." and leaves. Little did he know, Miss Nightingale had stopped Aesop from battling against Joseph Desaulnier.

_____

Found it in google

Found it in google. This is how I got the inspiration xD