Jack ▶Y/n the Forensic Analyst ◀ Naib

Slot 17 : "Rival"
Requested by: KhatrinaWrites

You watched the snow fall around Leo's Memory, clutching your clothes, which was a black pleated skirt that reached your knees with a white long-sleeved button-down shirt tucked into it. Along with that, draped on your shoulders was a white laboratory coat, unbuttoned, and slightly torn at the edges. Your hair was pulled to low sets of buns that bounced as you ran to a cipher, decoding. The metal was quite sticky as it was cold, and being an old cipher, it was loud. You paid no attention to anything else, but the cipher in front of you.

Being a Forensic Analyst, and one of the well-known ones for assisting London's unsolved case, 'Jack, The Ripper', you were brought here by a Nightingale, that heard your nightly stress of staying up in your humble abode, working more and more. Despite the case of 'Jack, The Ripper', being past it's period of investigating, your eyes remained lit with the determination and the obsession to finding who was this man, who successfully got away with killing five women with the most bizarre way? In the end, you found the man you were looking for, The Ripper himself.

Your obsession into cases, riddles, and mystery led you to be quite the survivor for the hunters, especially Jack, who, during his life before death, was an intrigued man for your skills and intellect, and knowing that even when he had died, unarrested, you, a mere forensic analyst, still continued to work, even as the corpses decayed.

You hear your heart beat louder as you almost popped the cipher. With ease, you saw a blue line that connected the cipher to another and smiled. Escaping from the current hunter was not easy. You against the main person you've come to explore. Jack was indeed not an easy opponent, but since it was Jack you're against, you weren't feeling fear; it was adrenaline and excitement pumping in your veins. "I see Ms. Analyst~ Miss me?" Nearby, you see some debris, and a pallet nearby. Perfect! You ran towards the location, and with good timing, slammed the pallet down. "Ms. Analyst sure is giddy today," Jack smirks, recovering from his stun as he walks towards you, who vaulted through a window, entering the cabin with ease. Knowing your skill was not a good use against hunters, he felt like he had a good chance onto catching you, and maybe teasing you.

You passed by the mercenary, Naib, who had heard the announcement of your encounter against the hunter. Now, Naib Subedar was a different story. He had found you to be annoying, and arrogant, but at the same time, your quirkiness and mysterious personality intrigued him. Were you annoying because of how he knew that you were right about a particular topic, or when you manage to tell his emotions, no matter how hard he stayed stoic-faced? Or maybe... he was annoyed at how much time you spent in awe of Jack's backstory...

You noticed the perfumer, Vera from afar, and jogged up to her to help her in a cipher. Luca had finished up his cipher, and connected his next cipher to yours. Vera then decided to let go of the cipher, knowing that a contain type survivor like her was better off with distracting. That was what she was going to, however...

"If it isn't my little mercenary rival," Vera hears the taunting of the hunter, Jack from a tree. "What do you want?" Naib glared at the tall hunter before him. "Well, isn't that obvious?" The two glared. "Her love and affection? Not a chance. The only touch you're getting with Y/n is when she writes your autopsy report," Naib replied. Vera lightly gasped. "That's funny, however, she can examine me any time she wants," Jack lick his lips, receiving a pallet smack on his face. "A pervert like you with someone like her? Wake up!" Naib 'tsk'ed. Knowing enough of the situation, Vera silently ran away, unheard and unseen.

Being a decoder, and like Luca, you were fast, there had been only two ciphers left. Cipher rush had been activated, as both you and Luca had been working on a cipher; one near both gates. Vera appears and ushers you, crouching down near the cipher. "What's with the secretive face?" You asked. "Well. I might have heard that two people are fighting for your love, apparently?" You hummed and smiled, "I already knew that. Jack and Naib, right? I feel flattered," Vera sweatdropped. Of course she already knew. "How did you knew all that?" Vera asked. "Let's talk about that when we escape," you smiled.

"Ugh! You ruined my chance to talk to her!" Jack stomped angrily. Naib smirked, and knowing that they had already won. As the dungeon was very near the mercenary, he had a shit-eating grin. "So long~" Naib teased as he went in the dungeon.

"You've noticed all that?" Vera exclaimed in Y/n's room. "Yep. I've always noticed that every match with Jack had a rose cane; Jack lets me go much more frequently than the other survivors, based on watching the spectators room; Jack would appear in the library, once he hears from someone that I am in the library; To taunt, unnaturally, he uses his weapons to taunt other survivors, but he uses his less harmful hand to taunt." Vera sweatdropped on your observations. "Naib on the other hand is more talkative to me, and is less rude; he pulls down his hood when he blushes, and shy. A tough boy, with a soft heart." "You really are a master detective," You looked at Vera with a smirk, "I'm just a forensic analyst." "Oh yeah, there's one more thing I am assuming here, but is it okay if you help me solve one of my assumed statements?"

Lounging at the library, you continued to read a book, which was 'The Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde'. You have to admit, the owner of this manor was quite one with good taste in books. You remembered searching every nook and cranny of this manor except the hunter's side of course, and finding absolutely nothing noteworthy, except the self-established fact that the owner was one with a good taste in books and art. As you read through the paragraphs, you hear the sound of the door open. "Just as I thought," you hear a familiar voice. Curiously, you looked up, seeing Jack. "Why hello, Ms. Forensic Analyst," Jack greets with a playful tone on his deep voice. Without skipping a beat, you greeted back, "Hello Mr. Infamous," with a flip to the page. "What do you have there?" He takes the book curiously, enjoying the furrowed brows on your face with a small pout. "Strange Case of Jekyll- oh! It is a nice book. I read it quite a lot," Jack smiles nostalgically, though you were not aware of it. "I can read it to you if you want," Jack looks at you, just as you stare, but the moment was broken just as you hear the survivor's entrance to the library open. "Oh sorry, I must be ruining a moment," Victor closed the door quickly with a blush. After a few seconds, Jack says, "My offer still stands."

"Have you seen Y/n?" Naib asked Tracy, who shook her head. After the match, you were nowhere to be seen, which was a little alarming. "Have you seen Y/n?" He asked the perfumer, who mentally smirked. Oh god, Y/n is indeed a great detective. "Oh Y/n? I haven't seen her after the match, but say, why are you finding her?" Naib pulls down his hood. "None of your business." "Are ya sure?" Vera was having too much fun. "Yes I am, now please tell me where she is," Naib said with an angry look. "I told you, I don't know," Vera shrugs as Naib stomps to ask another survivor. "So he does asks where she is... I gotta tell Y/n... if I knew where she was that is," Vera slouched.

"Hey," Jack peers over to see your head on his shoulder, eyes closed. 'Holy picky cipher machine primed. She's sleeping on my shoulder,' Jack panicked. As his arms were hang over your shouldets, your head was by his chest. Though, yes, he's technically dead, he still felt like his heart was beating. As he was in the manor, he didn't have his weapons taped, and therefore, touching you was not dangerous. Fixing both of your position, he places the book on the table, along with his hat. Though he was dead, he felt sleepy after looking at your peaceful expression. Maybe a little shut-eye would be acceptable. Before he could even close his two eyes, he finds Naib on the entrance door, exhausted. "You pervert, I knew you have h-" Jack shushed him, as Naib found your sleeping figure, cuddled up to the hunter. "Indeed, but she's sleeping. You can come back after our beauty sleep," Jack smirks. Naib crossed his arms and sat down the couch, laying his head down your lap. "Hey, I meant for you to go away," Jack hissed. "No way in hell I'd leave Y/n with a man like you. If both of you are sleeping, I'm sleeping with you too," Naib then proceeds to latch his hands on your waist. Jack sighed. The mercenary was a stubborn man, and intimidation was nothing to him. Plus, he had you in his arms. "Tch, whatever," Jack held you closer as the rivals close their eyes.

"Hey, Y/n," Vera woke you up with a whisper. "I have the answer to your assumption. I also found more," with the thirst of discovering, you decided to leave the two in the library. Later in your room with Vera, you hear two girly man screams from the library. Did they end up hugging each other? Probably.