Don't Leave Me (Sakata Gintoki)

"Oi, chihuahua! Have you seen Shinpachi?"An older Kagura calls out to Okita. It's been 3 years since Gintoki had left, Kagura was now much older, at 19 years old. She had let down her long vermillion hair, she sported a longer white china dress much similar to her mother's, and she got taller.

"What do I care? Look for him yourself." Okita says with a poker face.

At 21 years old, Okita's features had grown manly, he had long sandy brown hair which he kept tied up, and he wore a simple red and white yukata with a yellow scarf on his neck.

"Kagura, why are you here? Didn't sister ask you to buy some grocery?"Shinpachi arrives, at 21 years old, he has longer brown hair, his face wasn't that bland looking anymore, he wore a black turtle neck shirt, often covered by his long black coat.

"Eh? Go buy some you virgin loser." Kagura snorts, even though their appearance changed, their personalities hadn't changed even a bit.

"Okita-san, Hijikata-san is back at home with Kondo-san." Shinpachi says as Okita nodded.

"By the way, has anyone seen (Y/N)-nee?"He added as Okita's ears perked up.

"I've been looking for her since this morning."Okita stated as he scratched the back of his head.

"She might be at the office..."Shinpachi looked down sadly as did Kagura. "I'll go buy grocery, and sukonbu." Kagura says as she walks away with Sadaharu.

"I'll go back to check on Sister." Shinpachi says as he walks away. While Okita walked to the Yorozuya Gin-chan, and he saw (Y/N) at the roof, with sake.

"Nee-san, drinking too early is bad for your health." Okita warns as he sits beside her, and she groaned.

She has grown much more beautiful over the years of waiting for Gintoki. She had grown more distant from the others, and her (E/C) orbs seemed more cold now.

"Hey kid, go bother Toushi or something. You're annoying,"(Y/N) says as she sips on her cup, her hair fluttering with the wind as she gazed at the distance.

"I'm a man now, nee-san."Okita says as he grabs her hand and gazes into her eyes with his red orbs. "Do you see me as a man now and not as a kid?"He says seriously as (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed and she broke free from Okita's hold.

"Even if you are...you should forget about it."She says, sipping her cup once more. Okita spots the familiar white and blue yukata by her side and he scowled.

"You still can't forget him? It's been 3 years."Okita scoffs, crossing his arms.

"Gintoki made a promise, he won't break it even if it kills him."She smiles fondly, "So I'll do the same and keep waiting for him, till the day I die."

"Suit yourself, nee-san~" Okita says as he stands up and walks away.

"Gintoki....I'm still waiting..."

"Oi, (Y/N). Stop your sulking." Hijikata hears from Okita about her on the roof and came to look for her. Hijikata had grown even more manly and handsome now, he didn't have his usual V cut style anymore but he slicked his hair back and left only a few strands to fall on his forehead.

He finds her sitting on the roof all curled up, "Crying about that idiot isn't going to bring him back."Hijikata says as he grits his teeth and sat beside her.

"You don't understand, Toshi." She sniffed as she lifted her head.

"Gintoki....He-He promised me,"She sobbed, "Do you know how I got this scar on my shoulder?"She says as Hijikata kept quiet. "It is the proof of our bond, our mutual trust and love for each other."(Y/N) says as she looks down.

"When the war ended,we all went our separate ways. He....He made a promise to me before we went to the war. He said that when it was over, he'd come find me and we can finally be together, that he can protect me,and that he'll always be by my side."

"But after the war, he left without a goodbye. He wasn't by my side, he broke his promise....And so, I went with Tatsuma, and then- I hear about a silver haired samurai in Edo so I came back, and when he saw me. He cried."

"And told me that he was sorry that he left me, he said the only reason he did that was because he was scared I would lose my life if I were beside him, because...he loved me too much to hurt me."

"And now he left me behind again, but no matter what....Gintoki is the person who I love, nothing will change that." She says as she sips her cup again.

"Enough, Stop drinking."Hijikata takes the cup from her and finishes it.

"You're getting old, it's time to find someone who'll take care of you till you grow old."Hijikata says as he looks away.

"Gintoki will...I trust him, I trust that he will come back to me."(Y/N) says as she looks down.

"If he doesn't.. Come to me, I'll marry you and take care of you till you grow old."Hijikata sighs as he stood up and pats her hair

"Tae-chan...."(Y/N) stumbled unto the Shimura household, drunk and drowsy. She barely made it inside, she noticed the door was open and she pushed it and the whole place was dark, suddenly the lights opened up.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, (Y/N)! "Everyone was there with smiles on their faces, (Y/N)'s face scrunched into confusion.

"I forgot..."She smiles lowly, "Happy Birthday, (Y/N)." A lone voice calls out, she spots silver hair at the very middle of the gang, and there he stood, Sakata Gintoki.

"G-Gintoki?..."She falls weak in her knees as she sat on the ground, her eyes wide open in shock as tears welled up. "I'm back, sorry for making you wait, love." Gintoki steps forward as he kneeled and pulls out a ring.

"Will you marry me?"He says as everyone cheers and claps their hand in celebration.

"Gintoki, I will!!"She yells as she found the strength to stand and ran to him, he catches her and swings her around before he kissed her.

"Hey, Boss! Don't rub salt in our wounds!"Okita calls out from the crowd, "At least the idiot kept his promise, if he didn't I would've made a move."Hijikata says with a small smile.

"Gintoki...I love you."(Y/N) says as she sobs, burying her face into his chest, he hugged her tightly and he rested his chin on the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry...I know, I love you too."He says as he smiles down at her.

"Alright! Let's eat!!"Kagura cheers, "Ah! Hold on, Kagura-chan!"Shinpachi yells as he tried to stop her before she could finish everything.

"Welcome back,Gintoki."