Through Your Smile (Sakata Gintoki)

Does one's prayer reach the heavens? Or do they fall to the ground like wordless whispers?

"(Y/N)-nee, how are you doing?..."Shinpachi, Kagura and Otae entered (Y/N)'s room, seeing the older female resting on the bed, with slow breathing.

They all had sullen looks on their faces as her (E/C) orbs slowly flutter open, "Patsuan, Kagura, Tae-chan." She smiles softly at them.

"How are you feeling, Nee-chan?"Kagura says as she gives a forced smile to the now-white haired female.

"Just fine, why is everyone visiting me like I'm gonna die?"She jokes as they all looked down. "I'm not gonna die just yet, you brats."She laughs lowly, her eyes drawing over to the silver ring on her finger.

"I've got a promise I have to fulfill, I promised to wait for him...I-"She breathes out, "I won't die until I see him once more."

"But it's been years!"Kagura says as she bit her lip, looking down with an angry expression. "The cure still hasn't been found and you've been growing weaker with each passing day!"Kagura says, as her eyes glistened with brimming tears.

"Kagura, My body may grow weaker but my soul grows stronger with each passing day."She chuckles giving the girl a warm smile as an attempt to assure her.

"(Y/N)-chan, you never really change, do you?"Otae says with a sorrowful smile as she sits beside (Y/N). "I'm a stubborn woman."She jokes around, her gaze falling on the open window.

"(Y/N)-nee, we have to go soon. Kondo-san, Gengai-san and Katsura-san are about to be executed."Shinpachi says as he bows his head to her.

"That's fine, Be safe everyone."She waves her hand at them as they left the room.

Once she was alone she lets out a sigh, turning to the open window she gazed at the clear blue sky. "How long will it take you to fulfill your promise, Gintoki?...."She calls to no one in particular, but her tone was not of despair, but that of hope.

Her eyes filled with determination and faith that showed no signs of wavering. She trusted him, and she believed that he will return to her. No matter what happens.

"Nee-san, we've brought you your favorite."Okita chimes as he strides over to (Y/N)'s side placing a small box of strawberry cake by her side. Hijikata following behind him.

"Sougo, Toshi! It's been a while." She grins as the two men sit and stared at her, "We still haven't found a cure."Hijikata mutters out loud as he puts his cigarette out.

"Toshi, you don't have to worry about me that much," She says with a small laugh, "I won't die that easily, something like this...isn't enough to take me down."She says as she raised her arm, flexing it weakly.

"Honestly...You're still a joker, nee-san."Okita softly says as he looks down, his bangs covering his eyes.

"I won't leave, Sougo."(Y/N) says as she places her hand atop his, giving him a soft smile. "I know...Nee-san, you're the strongest person I know."

"(Y/N), how are you?"Tsukuyo greeted as she Sarutobi and Kyubei walked in her room.

"Tsuki! It's been a while." She laughs as she tried to sit up, which Kyubei assisted her with. "You really are a stubborn woman. Not resting when all you need to do is rest, no wonder Gin-san loved you."Sarutobi smiled at her, as she takes a seat beside her.

"So? What made you guys come visit?Honestly, everyone's been visiting me like I'm gonna die any time now."She sighs as their eyes widened.

"You shouldn't say things like that so casually, (Y/N)."Kyubei warns her with her eyebrows furrowed and an unreadable expression on her face.

Gintama Is Love! On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara