Pick One, Choose Neither (Takasugi Shinsuke and Sakata Gintoki)

It was no surprise to everyone that Takasugi and Gintoki were always butting heads. They've been that way since the very first time they met, but why exactly?

What was the very reason for the two to dislike each other at first sight?

The answer was very simple: it was (Y/N).

"Oi, the shorty over there. Let's fight!" Gintoki calls out as he jumps down from the roof to where Takasugi is, as he just entered their base. "I don't fight idiots." Takasugi huffed as he continued walking and had simply ignored Gintoki.

"For (Y/N)." Gintoki's next words made Takasugi stop in his steps. He turned towards Gintoki and glared daggers at him. "What? I thought you didn't fight idiots?" Gintoki smirked as he looked down on Takasugi.

"What do you want?" Takasugi narrowed his eyes at Gintoki, as Gintoki held up 3 fingers to him. "3 days! For a total of 3 days we'll compete to see who can make her blush! The one who wins deserve her, got that?!" Gintoki yells as Takasugi smirks.

"Prepare to lose then."

1st Day of the Competition:

"Ah, why is it suddenly so hot in here?" Gintoki was lazing around in the room, the battle wouldn't start until 4 days later so it was the perfect time to execute their competition. "Hot? It's cold here." (Y/N) sighs, she sat opposite of Gintoki and beside Gintoki was Takasugi.

"Really? You don't feel it? I feel so hot, like I wanna take my clothes off!" Gintoki says, as then he slowly took off his shirt, revealing his toned abs. Those were definitely something to drool on. "Gin, you—" (Y/N)'s eyes draw over to his abs.

"What?~" Gintoki smirked, throwing Takasugi a smug glance he turned to (Y/N). "Your wound hasn't healed yet!" She gasps touching his abdomen and then scurrying off to get some ointment.

"I told you to come get the ointment from me, now that's gonna leave a mark." She huffed as she leaned forward and the moment her finger made contact with his skin he shivered. Her touch could make him fall to his knees. Gintoki blushed at how close she was while Takasugi was seething with rage.

"There!" She smiled as she clapped her hands. This was then when Takasugi made his move. "I've got an injury too, can I see the ointment?" Takasugi casually moved towards (Y/N). Leaning close to her face, he leaned down and made sure to make her aware of the sudden closing of the distance between them.

"Yeah! It works wonders! Tatsuma bought it for me a while back. He said a lady shouldn't have scars!" She was still unaware of how close Takasugi was to her face. One push and they would kiss!

"Oh...I see." Takasugi dejectedly returned to his seat as (Y/N) blinked dumbfoundedly at them. They seemed to have this aura of depression around them. "Hm? What's wrong?"

"Nothing..." The two chorused as she only smiled at them, completely oblivious to their advances.

2nd Day of the Competition:

It was lunch time, (Y/N) was seated in between Takasugi and Gintoki. The two male sharing another glaring contest before (Y/N) happily interrupted it. "Let's eat! Let's eat!~" She cheers happily as the three of then started eating, Sakamoto and Katsura were in front of the three, eating as well.

"(Y/N)~" Gintoki whined, as (Y/N) turns to him with a soft sigh, she then started picking out the peas from his food. "I know, I know." She then ate all the peas she picked out from his food.

"What's that for, (Y/N)?" Sakamoto asked, both he and Katsura were watching how intimately they acted since she casually plucked food from Gintoki's plate. "Gin doesn't like peas, so I always eat it for him. Because if I don't he'll throw them away." She spoke nonchalantly as she started eating her food.

"E-Ehem!" Takasugi cleared his throat making everyone turn to him. "(Y/N), I dislike these, would you care to eat them?" Takasugi asked, as he lifted a piece from his plate and turned his chopsticks towards her.

"Really? Shin, didn't you always eat those?" (Y/N) mumbled confusedly but she still ate it. "I don't really feel like eating it." Takasugi smirks, shooting a smug glare at Gintoki.

"(Y/N)? Don't you like these? Here, say ahh." Gintoki says as he held his chopsticks up to (Y/N). "Thanks, Gin!~" She happily ate the food hanging from Gintoki's chopsticks and continued eating her own.

"Here, (Y/N). There's too many for me." Takasugi cleared his throat offering another food to her. It was food, there was no way (Y/N) would reject it. "Here, (Y/N)! I feel full already so eat it!!" Gintoki yells offering another food to her.

Sakamoto and Katsura's eyes went back and forth towards Takasugi and Gintoki, not wanting to fail to watch the amusing match between the two males.

"Guys...You need to stop giving me your food. You two eat it!" She huffed as she turned to her food, now ignoring the two. "I'm done!" She slammed her chopsticks down and went away.

"Ahahahah! Did you see that Zura? Ahahahaha!" Sakamoto was laughing at Gintoki and Takasugi while Katsura was doing a bad job of holding his laughter back. "I-Idiots! Ahahahahah! Idiots!"

"What did you two say?!" Gintoki and Takasugi glared at them.

3rd Day of the Competition:

"(Y/N), apparently it's gonna be extra cold tonight." Gintoki cleared his throat awkwardly, when (Y/N) came into the room she shared with Gintoki and Takasugi. The three futons laid side by side. "Really? We should join our futons together then!" She beams, pulling closer Gintoki and Takasugi's futons. As expected, her futon was right in the middle of the two men.

"Ehem. You're hopeless, here! I'll lend you my arm for the night!" Gintoki says as he stuck his arm out, "Oh, thanks, Gin!" (Y/N) hums softly as she laid down on the futon.

"(Y/N), You can use mine!" Takasugi says as he pushes Gintoki's arm away and placed his own. "I'll use neither, thank you! Now, let's sleep!" She says as the two men huff and snuggle closer to her figure. "Goodnight, Gin, Shin." (Y/N) yawned before her eyes flutter close.

She fell asleep quickly but the two men didn't. Gintoki sneakily placed his arm over her waist, but Takasugi was quick to notice. He swiftly pushed Gintoki's arm away and placed his arm over her waist. It continued until the two of them fell asleep with both their arms on (Y/N).

The next morning, (Y/N) woke up to a hand on her breasts. She blinked her eyes, as she sees the familiar ceiling of the room.

"Hm?...What is this soft feeling?" Takasugi wondered out loud his hand fondling one of her breasts. "Heaven? No, it's a pillow? Wait– a marshmallow?!" Gintoki had one hand on (Y/N)'s breast as well, as he squeezed it making the female jump in surprise with a huge blush in her face.

"PERVERTS!" She yelled as she slapped Gintoki and Takasugi awake, before running out of the room clutching her blanket to her chest. "I-I-I-It was (Y/N)'s—?!" Takasugi gaped realizing what he had just done while Gintoki was smirking.

"It was soft." He nodded approvingly

Gintoki vs Takasugi: it ends in a draw.

--------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Yaaaaaay! It's finished. Hope you like it MightyMarquess! Thanks for requesting cutie!

Requests still open!~ ♥️♥️♥️♥️