Your Voice (Okita Sougo)

Okita Sougo, was a sadist. He loved nothing more than tormenting the people around him, may it be physically, emotionally or mentally. So why was this super sadist longing to hear a certain person's voice? A complete mystery that is.

Okita Sougo found (Y/N)'s voice much more pleasant than the others, and he can't seem to comprehend why. The first he found it so enchanting was when he was napping right outside of his room.

His iconic red eyemask covering his eyes as he laid on the ground with only a pillow under his head. He tried to sleep but couldn't and that was when he heard her voice.

He looked around and spotted her up on the tree with a small book in her hand. She seemed focused as she was acting so laid back leaning against the tree while sitting on the branch.

"And he spoke softly, words that captured her heart, her mind and her soul.~" Her voice sounded like an angel's, he found it calm and soothing. After listening to her for a while he fell to sleep without knowing it.

That was when Okita decided to test out his theory of why he found her voice so pleasant. He conducted many tests for this small research of his.

"I wonder where Hijikata-kun is, I was planning on asking hi—" (Y/N) cut herself off midway when a cockroach appeared flying past her.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

"Oh. What a cute sound, (Y/N)-chan, was that a 'kya' I heard?~ Okita smirked, appearing from the corner of the hallway with his usual sadistic face. "O-O-Okita-kun! A cockroach! A cockroach was here!!" (Y/N) yells, clutching unto Okita's clothes desperately.

Okita's eyes widened. Why did his heart beat so fast when she touched him? First, her voice and now her touch? It seemed like he needed to go to a doctor. "Hm, where is it, (Y/N)-chan?~" He acted innocent, but he was the culprit.

"O-Over there! Right there! Kill it, Okita-kun!" She yells shutting her eyes close as she pointed to a naked Kondo who was coincidentally wallking by. "Oh. Don't worry, (Y/N)-chan, that's not a cockroach, it's a gorilla." Okita comments in his monotone voice.

"Oh, you're right." (Y/N) says, her eyes going dead as she stared at Kondo, she released her hold on Okita and ran away. Okita then placed a hand on his chest, feeling the swelling of his heart go away as she did too.

"That's really weird."

This encounter did not satisfy his curiousity, rather it made him even more determined to find out the cause of his strange behaviour. So for the second time, he tested his theory out.

Okita was smiling rather darkly all to himself as he sat back at the room where Kondo, Hijikata and Okita were in. A few moments later, a loud shriek echoed in the halls of the shinsengumi, followed by thundering footsteps.

The door was thrown open and a furious (Y/N) stood there, "Who...was it?" She grumbled lowly as Kondo and Hijikata flinched at the tone of her voice. "WHO DRANK MY CHOCOLATE MILK!?"

"I told you to stop hanging around that permhead." Hijikata comments with a click of his tongue. "Oh, Hijikata-san, what is that stain on your shirt?" Okita pointed out as (Y/N) drew closer towards Hijikata with narrowed eyes. Suddenly, her eyes snapped towards Okita.

Soon, she started sniffing around and inching closer towards him. "W-What?" Okita failed to hide the stutter in his voice was she started sniffing his neck, then she went close to his mouth. "Okita-kun, you smell a lot like my chocolate milk!" She says with a confused expression on her face.

Okita felt it again. The strange thumping of his heart like it was going crazy, his body feeling like it was on fire. The strange attraction he felt pulling him closer towards her.

"Fine. Whoever the culprit is, I'll let them go for now. I've been meaning to buy a new one anyways." She huffs moving away from Okita, she flips her hair as she walked away. "Oh? Sougo, why are you so quiet?" Kondo asks him.

"Oh, is that a blush?~" Hijikata smirked spoting a small red dust on the male's cheeks. "Die, Hijikata." He mumbled as he covered his cheek with the back of his hand and walked away.

Enough was enough, it had been bothering Okita since he first found out. Now, he can't even sleep peacefully because his thoughts were clouded of her. It was night, the moon was shining gracefully under the clouds.

Okita couldn't sleep, he wanted to hear her voice. Her voice that was like a song that put him to sleep. Suddenly, like his prayers were answered— she appeared.

"Okita-kun!" She exclaimed as Okita gazed at her, "Where were you?" He asked her as she took a seat beside Okita. "Hijikata-kun wanted some of the incense I've bought from the clinic. It apparently helps you sleep!" She beamed happily as Okita hummed, listening to her like this was enough.

A light bulb went off in his mind, without another word– Okita laid his head on her lap. "Uh...Okita-kun?"

"Let me be like this for a while, I can't sleep." He commanded as he shut his eyes, then he felt her fingers carressing his hair. It felt so calming, so soothing, so relaxing. To add fuel to the fire ignited in his heart, she started singing.

"Please say you won't let go of me, and tightly hold me so. Inside your arms, is where I would like to call my home~''

Her singing was a lullaby for Okita's ears. Suddenly she stopped and gasped, "S-Sorry! Force of habit." She squeaked out with a red face as she moved her hands away from his hair. "Don't stop."

"Eh?"

"I said don't stop. I like your voice." Okita spoke, then he turned his head to face her, looking straight into her (E/C) orbs.

"Okita-kun....I like you." She suddenly spoke out loud. She got carried away by the scenery and had accidentally confessed.

Silence engulfed the two of them as they stared right in each other's eyes, Okita's eyes were widened too, from the shock. "I-I-I said I like your-your-your HAIR! Yeah, right!" (Y/N) spluttered out, becoming a complete mess.

Okita recovered from the shock as a smirk was etched on his lips, "Is that so?" He placed a hand on the back of her neck and pulled her down. "Well, I like you too."

——————

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Yaaaaaaaay! Okita is love! Wohoooo! Thanks for requesting pinecest15

Requests still open ♥️♥️♥️♥️