Everything I Ever Wanted (Hijikata Toshirou)

Hijikata yawns loudly, feeling the light pry his eyelids open. The space beside him was empty again, letting out a soft grunt, Hijikata opened his eyes.

Sitting up he yawned and scratched his head tiredly. Blinking his eyes repeatedly he finds (Y/N) in front of him putting on her kimono. "Oh, you're awake honey!" She exclaims, hurrying over to him and placing a gentle peck on his forehead.

Back then, Hijikata would always wake up early, and drag everyone along with him. He never tolerated laziness or sleeping in late. But, ever since he got married — everything changed drastically, especially when he had kids.

"....Why are you up so early?" He mumbled out in a husky, tired voice. "You have the day off today right? Kondo-san called me in for work today, I have to go to the Shinsengumi." She looked at him worriedly. She was the Shinsengumi's only medic, so she was pretty valuable to them

"So, can I trust you to take care of (S/N) and (D/N) today?" She asked him while he nodded meekly. "Toshi, if something happens call me immediately." She raised a finger worriedly.

"I've written a list of things you have to watch out for. Breakfast and lunch is ready, just heat it up and—"

"Yes, yes. I know it already, go on." Hijikata waved his hand at her with a soft groan.

"Oi," (Y/N) growled as she furrowed her eyebrows angrily at him.

"If something....ever happens to my kids. You'll have to commit seppuku a hundred times over, got that demon vice commander?" She growled in a low tone which made Hijikata open his eyes wide.

"Yes ma'am!"

(Y/N) could be scary if she wanted to. She isn't just an ordinary woman after all, she was a wifethe scariest thing known to men. Also, being the wife of the Demon Vice Commander menat that she was on a whole other level than Hijikata.

"Good, I'm off now." Sbe smiled kindly again as if she wasn't just threatening him. "Love you!" She kisses his lips quickly before she dashed out the door.

Hijikata begrudingly pushed himself up and walked outside their room to see her off. But, she was gone before he could even say goodbye.

With a sigh, he turned to the kid's room. Hijikata had two kids, the eldest was (S/N) who looked like a mini Hijikata. The youngest was (D/N) who was 2 years younger than (S/N) and looked like an exact replica of (Y/N).

Hijikata then turned to prepare food, because any time soon the kids would be waking up. That 'any time' meant now— Hijikata watched as (S/N) walked out the room while tiredly rubbing his eyes along with (D/N) who was following behind him like a lost puppy.

"Daddy, we're hungry!!" They demanded as they sat on the chair and waited for Hijikata to serve them food.

"Here, eat up."

---

"Dad, Mom said no smoking." (S/N) warned when he saw Hijikata reaching for his mayonnaise designed lighter.

"I-I'm not!! Who said I was gonna smoke? I was just gonna put this away!!" Hijikata broke into a nervous sweat, immediately letting go of the lighter.

Like him, his son was very perceptive and smart. "Mommy can always tell when Daddy smokes!!" (D/N) cheered as she approached Hijikata with hair ties in her hand.

"Daddy, tie my hair like how Mommy always does!!" She smiled brightly, holding out the hair ties to Hijikata who lowly smiled and nodded.

"Come here," He patted the space in between his legs as his daughter obeyed rather obediently. He then took the hair tie in hand and delicately gathered (D/N)'s beautiful (H/C) locks before tying it into a neat pony tail— Hijikata knew how to tie hairs because he used to have long hair before he cut it short.