All Of You (Hijikata Toshiro)

3 Days Before (Y/N)'s Birthday

Hijikata groaned, letting his head slump hardly against his wooden table he let out a deeper groan soon after. "Only 2 more days....All right. That's good enough but what do I do? I haven't picked out a gift yet!!" He yells with a crazed look. The bags under his eyes were piling up from the days he had been staying up all night thinking of how he should prepare for the upcoming day.

It was (Y/N)'s birthday.

All the years they've been together and Hijikata had never been able to properly celebrate her birthday with her. So this time- he was gonna make sure he'd be able to spend her birthday with her. He even asked Kondo-san to have everyone in the Shinsengumi participate on the celebration and Kondo-san apparently agreed.

But the whole party was Hijikata's work. He had to plan it out. So far it was flawless, Hijikata worked hard on it after all. The most advantageous about the whole thing was that (Y/N) always forgets her own birthday every year so it wouldn't be hard to surprise her.

A knock on the door snapped Hijikata out from his thoughts. "Vice Captain!! (Y/N)-san is here to visit!" Yamazaki calls out and Hijikata's eyes widened. His room was littered with all the materials he was supposed to use to decorate the mess hall for her birthday.

"H-Hold on!!" He yells frantically as he jumped up. Hijikata quickly shoved a handful of the decoration materials into his closet and the notebook with all his plans and lists under his futon. "A-Alright! Come in!!" He yells as the door slides open and (Y/N) walks in with a huge grin.

"Hey, Toshi!!" She greets as he nodded nervously. "I made some food. I figured you haven't eaten yet so I brought some here." She says, taking a seat next to him, placing the bento she brought down on the table.

"Oh. I forgot the drinks-"

"I'll go make us some tea!!" Hijikata yells as he practically dashed away. "If you say so." (Y/N) laughs lightly at the sight of him. What had him so excited?

"Toshi's room seems messier than usual." (Y/N) sighs as she looked around and noticed his stuff strewn around. Hijikata never liked his things thrown around carelessly. He was always prim and proper and very strict about tidyness.

With a small smile on her lips, (Y/N) made her way to Hijikata's futon and started picking up the mess of his clothes. "Hm? What's this?" (Y/N) curiously stated as she picked up a small notebook hidden under the covers of Hijikata's futon.

"(Y/N)'s Birthday Surprise Party:

Wake up at exactly 6:00 in the morning.

Tell Yamazaki to wake everyone up for the morning reminders for (Y/N)'s birthday.

If anyone is late- *Yamazaki commits seppuku.

At 10:00 Entrust the decorations to the Shinsengumi Members.

Yamazaki is in charge of the cake.

If Yamazaki brings the cake late- *Yamazaki commits seppuku.

12:00 (Y/N) will be working so I'll pick out her gift in the meantime

-*Yamazaki commits seppuku.

2:00 if I ever run into (Y/N), I'll pretend I don't remember her birthday so she'll be shocked.

If anybody greets her happy birthday-*Yamazaki commits seppuku.

At exactly 4:00pm, I'll tell (Y/N) to come help me with paperworks and we'll surprise her.

If she isn't surprised- *Yamazaki commits seppuku."