My Gin (Sakata Gintoki)

An accident is a series of misfortunate events that take place one thing after another. It was like a chain reaction, setting off right after one thing.

Gintoki didn't expect that one simple thing would be able to change his life so much. What was it?

An accident.

An unfortunate accident.

His soul switched with Hijikata's soul.

"AHHHHHH! WHAT DO I DO NOW?!" Gintoki whined as he rolled around in Hijikata's futon in the Shinsengumi Compound. After their souls got switched, they decided to try and live their lives normally so that the people around them wouldn't notice the sudden change.

....But, Hijikata was usually tidy, strict and upright. He takes his work seriously and wakes up at the dawn of the morning dragging everyone along with him- which was the complete opposite of Gintoki.

"...What do I do here? It's too tiring to walk," Gintoki whines as he rolled around Hijikata's futon. He was completely unaware of the three pairs of eyes gazing at him from the small cracks of his door.

"...See? That's definitely not Toshi, it's weird!" Kondo exclaims to Yamazaki amd Sougo. "It also feels like I know him but I don't..."

"...Vice Chief is definitely acting weird. Maybe, he didn't get his daily dose of mayonnaise?" Yamazaki said confusedly.

"That's not Hijikata-san," Okita nodded in approval. "Let's kill him." His eyes glints as he takes out his bazooka.

"Wait, Sougo!" Kondo's palm made contact with Okita's face. "We can't say for sure, first- we need to observe him!"

"Hmmm....." Gintoki hums loudly as he laid on his back and looked up at the ceiling. "...Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something?...."

--

"H-H-H-HE PAID RENT!!!" Otose shrieks, Shinpachi and Kagura sitting on the stool in front of Otose with their jaws dropping to the ground as they stared at the brown envelope in their hands.

"I-I didn't raise Gin-chan to be the kind of man that pays rent and salary! Where did I go wrong!?" Kagura dramatically sobs while Shinpachi gulped.

"T-This is weird....Where did he get the money?! Paying rent and salary?! That isn't Gin-san! Did he rob a bank?!" Shinpachi gasped.

"....W-Where is Gintoki right now?" Otose asked the two kids. "H-He's up at the Yorozuya. But, he also got up early today! He woke up at 7 am!! It's the first time I saw Gin-san up so early!!"

Upstairs, the door bell of the Yorozuya rang. Since, Hijikata was the only one inside the house- he opened the door, figuring it would be a customer, client or whatever.

"Gintoki!~" The second he did so, a blur of (H/C) haired flashed in his eyes and he was tackled to the ground. He blinked his eyes repeatedly and looked down to see a woman with bright (E/C) eyes and (H/L) (H/C) hair hugging him tightly as she rubbed her head against his chest.

"I missed you soooo much! Wait- is that a new look!? Damn, it looks good!!" She giggled cheekily, inspecting Hijikata's face- which was cirrently Gintoki's face but with his messy silver locks parted in half and his usually dead read eyes now looking sharp.

"Wow, this new look is really working for you! I've only been gone for about 3 months but, you went through all this change!!"

"....Uh," Hijikata sweat dropped, gulping nervously he smiled awkwardly and raised a finger.

"....Who are you?...."

"What?" (Y/N) looked stunned as she moved away from Hijikata and furrowed her eyebrows together. "Gin, I'm your girlfriend, (Y/N)!!" She exclaimed with an incredulous look on her face.