The Woman That Shoyo Loves (Yoshida Shoyo Part 2)

(Y/N) behaved weirdly after that encounter with Shoyo, or Utsuro as Nobume informed them. She felt lost, confused and betrayed. Gintoki and the others weren't any better. They were just as confused as she was.

"It'll be alright. I'm sure we'll figure it all out in due time." Gintoki assured her. But (Y/N) couldn't wait. She had been waiting long enough. She wanted to get rid of everything that separated the two of them.

She had been tormented long enough with dreams of Shoyo. She had never been able to truly rid her mind of the man. She kept believing that he was still alive— out there somewhere. She knew she had fallen deeply in love with Shoyo— too deep.

Now, (Y/N) had stubbornly come along with Gintoki and the others who were headed for Rakuyou. She just knew she'd be able to see Shoyo again if she came along. She needed to see him again.

"Gintoki!" (Y/N) looked up at Gintoki with eyes saying she knew where he was. Gintoki shot her a look, as if pleading her not to go when she gave him a solemn smile. "Gintoki, please. I've been without him far too long. And now that he's within reach...."

Gintoki sighs as he dips his head low. "As sensei acted like my father, you were like a mother to me...I've lost him already, will I lose you as well?" He says as (Y/N) frowned lightly.

"I'll bring him back. I swear." She says as she ran off. Letting her legs take her to where she felt he was. She believed in him— more than anyone. (Y/N) was the one who would probably know Shoyo more than he knows himself.

"Shoyo!" (Y/N) yells out loud, her arms hugging his familiar back as he froze in place. "What are you doing here?" Shoyo had come back. She knew it.

Shoyo took her hands off from his back and turned around to face her with a worried look. "(Y/N)! You can't be here! When Utsuro takes control again, he will kill you! I won't be able to do a thing then!" He whispers harshly to her, but the worry swirling within his red orbs was not a lie.

"Shoyo, y-you're back!" (Y/N) couldn't help but break down as she hugged him tightly. Shoyo hesitated before he hugged her too, he longed to see her for years.

"(Y/N), I am serious. Utsuro has deemed you as his priority to kill because he thinks I might fight back for you." Shoyo grabbed her shoulders, staring her eye to eye

"Shoyo, I can help you through this. Just believe me, I trust that you can defeat him!" She pleaded, placing her hands on his. Shoyo loooked down. "I could only come back this one time because Umibouzu almost killed me."

"But the next time— it won't be that easy, please." Shoyo begged her with a sad look. "I need you to survive...Because I love you." He says, as tears slipped out from his eyes.

"Shoyo...Why— why does it have to be like this?!" She yells, her own tears slipping out. Shoyo gazed at her before he slowly cupped her cheeks and brought his lips closer to hers and they shared a passionate kiss.

"This is my fate. I can't fight it— Even if I destroy everything. I want you to be safe. I don't want to destroy you." Shoyo says, leaning his forehead on hers. Looking at her crying face made him feel hate for himself. He was the reason she was crying like this.

"Don't cry....I hate seeing you cry like this." He says softly, wiping her tears away with his thumb. "Stay with me. Don't leave me again, Shoyo." (Y/N) begged him again. His heart was wavering with her every word.

But Utsuro wouldn't stand down for this. He would surely mercilessly kill her if he found out. "I'm sorry..."

——

"Wake up, dear." (Y/N) woke up to the soft calls of Shoyo's calming voice. She sits up and sees Shoyo smiling warmly at her. "It's time to open up shop. Did you forget again?" He says as she stood up.

Shoyo led her inside what seemed like a small shop. "Shoyo...what is this?" She asked him confusedly. Shoyo turned to her with a questioning gaze. "Hey, (Y/N) you cried 4 days and 4 nights just to get me to agree on opening a restaurant because you loved cooking." He exclaims with his arms crossed.

"As your first customer, I say I get to have an  all-you-can-eat pass!" (Y/N) hears Gintoki's voice and finds him entering the small shop and sitting on one of the stools with a bored look. "Ah, Gintoki– you made it." Shoyo smiles as he then brings out a bowl of ramen for the silver haired male.

"I do hope I'm not late, it was a bit hard finding this place." Katsura was the next one to appear, taking a seat right beside Gintoki. "Just on time." Shoyo smiles a little again as he serves Katsura a bowl of soba. "(Y/N)-sensei, your cooking never fails to impress!" Katsura says giving her a thumbs up.

"What? The two idiots made it here before me?" Takasugi's voice rings in her ears as she sees the purple haired male enter and take a seat. "Takasugi, you're still as rude as ever to your friends." Shoyo scolds, serving him a plate of food.

"(Y/N), I think you made a wrong decision. Picking these three unruly kids as our first customers." Shoyo frowns jokingly as he placed an arm around (Y/N). "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" Gintoki yells. Katsura, Takasugi and Gintoki started fighting again while Shoyo was laughing.

(Y/N) felt her eyes tear up. How long has she wished for this to happen once more? "(Y/N)-sensei! Why are you crying?" Takasugi questions as everyone goes quiet.

(Y/N) had a smile on her face as she wiped her tears away, She felt Shoyo grab her hand worriedly beside her. "Nothing, it's just that...I missed this so much."

——

"(Y/N)! Wake up!" (Y/N) shot up with ragged breaths, she looked around to see Gintoki, Shinpachi, and Kagura staring at her worriedly. "Gintoki?... What happened?" She asks as Gintoki sighs and looked down sadly.

"The cliff you went to was destroyed by a ship. The whole cliff was reduced to pebbles because of the explosion." He explained, "Shoyo! What happened to him?"

"You were the only one there." He says, as (Y/N)'s eyes widened. "No one else was there, we found you laid on the ground with this in your hands." Gintoki says as he hands her a tattered black scarf. "We don't know how you emerged unscathed from that...I'm sure you know already how." He says as he stood up when he saw her eyes getting glossy with tears.

"He remembered this...and he had it with him all along." (Y/N) says as she stared at the familiar black scarf in her hands. "Shoyo..."

Shoyo had given back to her what she had given him the very first time they met— That winter night when she gave him her scarf, she had given him a whole lot more than she realized. It wasn't just a scarf she had given him— it was love.

————

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'M SO SORRY! I DO WANT SHOYO TO LIVE PEACEFULLY AND HAPPILY BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT IN THIS SET ONESHOT. I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY! Shoyo deserves more love!

Requests still open— If anyone requests another Shoyo I swear to make him happy (Given you don't want to and make it an angst? I could definitely work with that!)

Anyways? Please request— as GIN says 'JUST DO IT'

I'm sorry I'm a terrible author. Please bear with me guys. I'm too addicted to Gintama and it's characters.