Daffodil Of Mine (Oboro)

"Oboro....What's this?" (Y/N) asked, crouching down in front of the grass to get a closer look at the beautiful yellow flower basking in the light. "That's called a daffodil. Sensei told me so," Oboro stated, as he gently plucked the flower and handed it to her.

"Daffodil?....It's so beautiful, even it's name is beautiful!." (Y/N) smiled as she held the flower gently in her hands. "Do you know what it means?" Oboro asked her and she tilted her head confusingly to the side. Her big (E/C) orbs focusing on him with only confusion swirling in it.

"It symbolizes rebirth and new beginnings." Oboro says with a small smile playing on his lips. "Really? That's so cool, but looking at this just cheers me up! It's so bright." (Y/N) laughs as Oboro smiles.

"When sensei finally builds the school he's been talking about, I'll bring you a bouquet of daffodils. It's a new beginning for the three of us, with new students and a new life..." Oboro says and then (Y/N) hugged him.

"You're so sweet, Oboro! I can't wait for that to happen!"

---

".....Are you sad, (Y/N)-chan?" Shouyo gently patted the small (H/C) haired girl's head as she sat on the porch alone in the new school Shouyo had.

"N-No, I'm not! I'm happy, sensei!" She wiped her tears with her arm and forced a smile. "I finally have a junior student like you always told me. Even though, Gintoki isn't that casual yet, I feel that we're gonna be best friends!" She says, as she looked down and clenched her kimono.

"I....I was just thinking." She puffed her cheeks and Shouyo smiled lowly. "As long as you keep him in your heart and in your memories, he'll always be with you." Shouyo whispers softly as he stood up and went back inside.

(Y/N) sobbed quietly. "Oboro...." She called out to the empty and quiet place. "You said you'd give me a bouquet of daffodils when sensei opens the school he's been talking about. We even have our first junior disciple now too." She sniffed and covered her face with her hands.

"So....where are you?"She looked up to see one lonely daffodil laid at her lap.

"......Why aren't you here with me?" She held the daffodil close to her heart.

"I will protect and cherish this lovely daffodil of mine...."

"Oboro!" (Y/N)'s head snapped up, when she heard his voice. She scanned the area but it was only her there. "I'll be waiting for you...."

---

"Why.....Oboro, why are you..." (Y/N) was at loss for words. Oboro stood in front of her and Gintoki, and time seemed to stop. Her lips trembled as she failed to tear her gaze away from Oboro.

The man she longed to see for so many years, the man she waited all her life for finally appeared before her.

But not as how she wanted him to.

"Why are you here?!" She cries out, in a pained and broken voice as she felt her tears pool in her eyes. "I....do not know what you speak of, woman." Oboro's eyes seemed to linger in hers.

As their eyes met, he couldn't hide that speckle of love and fondness that appeared in his eyes the moment it laid on her figure.

Oboro stepped forward towards her, but she was frozen still in her place. "Bastard! Get away from (Y/N)!!" Gintoki yelled, gritting his teeth as he tried to force his limbs to move but ultimately failed to.

"....So don't show up before me again." Oboro whispered to her ears before he turned away from her and disappeared. "(Y/N)! (Y/N), are you alright?!" Gintoki worriedly yelled out to her.

(Y/N) slowly raised her hand to her ear and touched a flower tucked behind her ear. Slowly pulling it away and looking at it, tears sprung to her eyes.

It was a daffodil.

"Oboro......" She whimpered as she sobbed, holding the daffodil tightly. "(Y/N), get a hold of yourself!!" Gintoki yells as (Y/N) snapped out of her trance and turned to him.

"G-Gintoki!!"

----

"Why do you like daffodils so much, Oboro?" (Y/N) askes Oboro while they were both watching the sunset. Oboro blushed and he looked away from her curious eyes.

"I-It reminds me of something I love." He stammered, still avoiding her gaze. "So? What is it that you love then? Isn't it easier to gaze at what you love than gazing at something that reminds you of what you love?"

"....No, I could never look at what I love. She belongs in the light like this daffodil." Oboro raised a daffodil into the air and watched as she turned to it curiously.

"Daffodils should bask in sunlight, that's why I will stay in darkness so my daffodil can stay in the light." He smiled lowly as he hands the daffodil to her.

"So...Can you take good care of my daffodil for me?" He placed his hand on top of her head. "Of course, I will. But why can't you take care of it?" She asked again and Oboro sighed softly.

"Because if the daffodil stays with me, it might wither."

"So....don't show up before me again."

"Oboro!!" (Y/N) snapped up from her sleep, her hand unknowingly reaching out for something she could never reach. She took deep breaths and looked around. She was in Gintoki's room, Gintoki was sleeping soundly beside her.

"I-It was a dream." She placed her hand on her chest and felt her heart throbbing loudly against her chest. "Why?....Is it always like this." She rubbed her temple with her fingers as she stood up and walked out of the room.

".....Oboro," (Y/N) sat on the couch and looked up at the ceiling. "I'm still waiting...."

"I'm still praying for a way to keep our love alive....."

---

"I want to ask you something." Nobume asked Oboro as the two of them stood at the top of the roofs. Oboro kept quiet but Nobume knew that he was a man who never really liked to talk that much.

"That woman— (Y/N)." Nobume narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Oboro's back. "Why do you hesitate to face her? You always avoid her, and I saw you give her that daffodil." Nobume pressed on and Oboro smiled lowly.

"It's something outsiders should stay out of." Oboro turned over his shoulder to glare harshly at Nobume. "So don't ask further if you wish to live."

"Oh?" Nobume said with the same emotionless expression, "Then, shall I give the woman a greeting to get you to talk?" She threatened and in a split second Oboro held his sword against her neck.

"Don't you dare touch her." He growled lowly, Nobume smirked. "I get it now..." She stepped away and pushed Oboro's sword away with a finger.

"I never thought the merciless, cruel and ruthless Yatagarasu knew how to love."

(Y/N) was Oboro's daffodil— because when in her, he felt like he was beginning anew.

To keep his daffodil safe in the sun, he went into the darkness.

Oboro took out a lone daffodil from his pockets and stared at it longingly, a faint smile hanging on his lips.

"I swear to only love this daffodil of mine."

----------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
HA.HA.HA.HA. THIS IS BAD AS USUAL. I'm so sorry seda_sngr if this oboro story was bad. Im so bad at writing so I'll apologize!! I'm sorry!!

I'm still accepting questions for the Q&A, only 2 more chapters till we reach the 140th chapter, where the answers will be given so....Please Ask if you want to, ask now!! ♥️♥️♥️

Requests still open!! ♥️♥️♥️