What You Feel (Shimura Shinpachi)

(Y/N) sighs, collapsing unto the wooden floors of her cozy home. Letting the broom fly out of her hands as she hears another thud beside her. "Why.....Why did you have to buy such a large house for yourself, (Y/N)-san?" Shinpachi exclaimed between ragged breaths, earning a small chuckle from (Y/N). The two had just finished cleaning her house, a job she gave the Yorozuya.

"It's always been my dream. I didn't think about the consequences of having such a large house and being the only one to live in it." She laughs it off as she sat up, looking towards the male with a small gentle smile. "I've always dreamed of living in a big house with my family. But as you can see...I don't have a family yet." (Y/N) turns to meet Shinpachi's eyes and then she gave him a sheepish grin as she scratched her cheek with a finger.

Shinpachi blushed at the sight, 'Dear God, did I save a country in my past life to be this blessed with such an angel!?' He thought, placing his hand over his chest in an attempt to calm his beating heart. "Hold on, I'll go get some drinks for us." (Y/N) says as she ran off and Shinpachi smiled.

(Y/N) was just a normal woman in the Kabuki District, Shinpachi always had his eyes on her, seeing as she did live just across his house. Then, when she came to the Yorozuya asking for help to clean her house— Gintoki and Kagura volunteered Shinpachi as tribute. Shinpachi didn't protest, he was actually happy about it. He got to spend some quality time with his crush and he was getting paid too— for once.

'Ah, spending time with (Y/N)-san is even better than I imagined it to be. I wish this will never end. I would happily pick this over Otsuu-chan's concert any time!' Shinpachi sighs happily in his mind, a wry smile appearing on his lips when (Y/N) arrived back carrying a tray of drinks. "Are you alright, Shin-kun?" She asked worriedly as Shinpachi snapped out of his happy thoughts.

"O-Oh, yes! Yes, uhm, sorry...." He sheepishly smiled, looking down as he scratched the back of his neck. (Y/N) chuckled softly at his actions, the boy was definitely a virgin. Even she could see that, but that was what was most cute about him. (Y/N) found the boy amusing to tease yet she was so smitten with him. The only difference between them- was that she was doing a better job of hiding it from him.

"Say, after we clean. I was thinking of painting this one vacant room of mine. Will you help me, Shin-kun?" (Y/N) hums as she looked up, her bright (E/C) hues had hope lighting up inside it. Before he knew it, he was stuck in her eyes, drowning in it's beauty. "Shin-kun?" (Y/N) snapped her fingers in front of him and he flinched.

"Y-Yes! R-Right, of course I will! Ahahaha!" Shinpahi grew red, as he backed away from her, putting some distance between them. 'Woah— That was so close! (Y/N)-san's eyes are so beautiful. She's so beautiful....Wait- I have to work! Work!' Shinpachi's inner monologue made him slap his palms on his cheeks and shake his head.

"Right, shall we start, (Y/N)-san?" Shinpachi nervously smiled at her as she nodded. "I've got the paint prepared, come on." (Y/N) beckoned him over with a finger, leading him to a room with purely white walls. A row of paint buckets in various colours lay at the floor with a bunch of paint rollers and brushes.

"So.....How do we uh, do this?" Shinpachi asked, holding a paint brush in hand. (Y/N) smiled with her hands on her hips, "Paint away! I don't really care, I just want to give this room some colour! Paint what you feel!" She beams happily as she took her own brush and started dipping it in paint and carelessly painting the walls.

"Paint what you feel.....huh?" Shinpachi says as he looked at the paint brush in his hand with a blank gaze. Then, he turned to glance at her and saw that beautiful smile gracing her lips as she painted the wall eagerly. "Right now....I feel—" Shinpachi smiles lightly to himself as he dipped the paint brush into the colour red: The colour of love.