I'm Gonna Protect You (Yoshida Shoyo)

"....Gintama is the best." (Y/N) sighs happily as she closed her laptop and stretched her arms up. It was her day off— and what better way to spend it than slack around and watch Gintama?

"Oh right, I have to go buy ingredients for dinner before it gets dark." She looked at the clock and rushed out of her apartment.

"I got a pretty good bargain today, hehe." (Y/N) giggled softly to herself as she swung the grocery bag slowly while she walked on the way home.

"Meow~~ Meow~~"

(Y/N) whipped her head to the side where she heard the cat's distressed call. Looking to her side she sees a cat stuck on a ledge of the river and looking at her as if pleading for help.

"Hold on, little kitty~" (Y/N) smiles as she sets her bag down and steadily climbs down the ledge. It was quite high— she understood why the cat was so scared even she would be scared.

"Okay, come on. Come here~" She held her hand out to the cat. The cat was shaking and shivering, it's claws were out too. "I won't hurt you, don't worry. Here," She encouraged with a smile as the cat jumped unto her.

"Oww! Hold on, the claws! The claws!!" She shrieked as her hold on the edge loosened and she fell. As she fell, she failed to remember that she never learned how to swim.

'Huh?....Why is my vision fading?....' (Y/N) thought as her eyes slowly blinked as it stung with the water. 'I should've taken those swimming lesson right after I watched Free. Am I gonna die just like this?....'

Her mouth opened as the last bit of air finally disappeared from her lungs and water filled it.

'Dear God, you should've told me I was going to die today— If you did, I would've binged watch Gintama till my eyes popped out. I'm gonna be a bit shameless here— If I'm gonna die here can you just reincarnate me in Gintama? Please hear this dying woman's pleas.'

After a while of splashing and flailing her arms around, (Y/N) slowly lost consciousness as she ran out of breath and she sank to the bottom.

Everything went black—

"GAH!"

(Y/N) started panting heavily as her eyes shot open. She was lying in the middle of an old japanese room. "Wait— what? Did someone save me??" (Y/N) looked around but no one was around, adding to that she was in a room not in a river.

"What on earth is going on???"

It looked....— It looked a bit like the ancient Japan. "Woah— When did I change clothes!?" She looked down to see a (Favourite Color) kimono on her body instead of the clothes she always wore around the house.

"Hm.....I wonder what happened." She hummed to herself as she raised to her feet. "Wait— where is this place?!" She gasped when she saw she was in a really old house.

It was as if she was in a different world— or rather, a different time. "You know what? Maybe I'm dreaming." (Y/N) nervously laughs as she shut her eyes close.

She brings her hand up to slap her cheek and she felt it sting with incredible pain. "Omg, this is not a dream! But, this building...looks familiar." (Y/N) hummed as she looked around, noticing she was the only one there.

"Ow!" Since she was walking bare footed, she didn't notice the nail sticking out from the floor which she accidentally scraped her foot against. "That hurts!" She whined as she sat down to examine her injury.

"H-Huh?! I-It's healing!?" She gasped, seeing her wound close up all on it's own. "Don't tell me I'm— immortal!!"

"AH! SHOKA SONJUKU!!!" She gasped, Gintama was her favourite anime so it would be a total shame on her if she didn't recognize the famous Shoka Sonjuku.