Looking At You (Hijikata Toshirou)

The gentle trail of sunlight teems through the shoji doors of Hijikata's room. (Y/N) could hear a soft rustle and a low grunt. Gently prying her eyes open she sees Hijikata freshly showered, with that handsome wet hair look and was putting on his casual kimono.

"Toshi....Isn't it your day off? Sleep in a little longer...." She moans as she falls back on to the futon and places a hand to shield her eyes from the light.

"Matsudaira-san asked me for help for a mission. Kondo-san and Sougo are coming too, so it must be pretty serious." Hijikata explains, as he saunters over to her and kisses her forehead lovingly.

"I'll be back before you know it." He assured with a small smile. (Y/N) pouted and sat up, tired eyes looking at Hijikata cutely.

"You're leaving me alone?"

".....Yes." Hijikata stoicly said.

"Tsk, what a cold man. You make my heart cry, Toshi." She waved a hand dismissively at Hijikata as she let her body fall to the futon and then she pulls up the blanket to her body.

"...So, this is your heart crying?" Hijikata stifled his laughter when she was snuggling in the blankets, trying to fall back to sleep.

"Yes. My heart is crying, because you're leaving me and won't cuddle with me, so I need the comforts of my blanket."

"Pfft, what a baby." Hijikata snickered as he kneeled down to her side. "I'll cuddle with you when I finish the mission, alright?" He gently sweeped her hair away from her face to kiss her forehead again.

Then, she opened her eyes and glared at him while pouting. "....Don't you dare show your face to me if you don't bring me food later." She huffed while Hijikata laughed heartily.

"Alright, alright. I'll bring you food later." He ruffled her hair and stood up. "I'm off now. See you later, I love you." With that, Hijikata disappeared through the doors and (Y/N) let out a deep sigh.

-

Hijikata's eyebrow twitched, he had been listening to Matsudaira, Kondo and Sougo argue about how to kill the men hitting on Matsudaira's daughter.

Hijikata closed his eyes with a soft sigh and massaged his temples with his fingers. 'I.......blew off my special cuddling time with (Y/N) to deal with these idiots?....'

"Alright! Enough with this! I'll go settle it myself!"Hijikata yells irritatedly making the men shut up. Okita, Kondo and Matsudaira were at the rooftop with sniper rifles pointed at the convenience store Matsudaira's daughter works at.

They were more than ready to kill the three coworkers who were hitting on her, until Hijikata decided to go down there himself, and deal with it without killing the three boys.

"....Alright then, Goodluck!" Matsudaira says as he moves his rifle. "But if you do a bad job— I'll be saying goodbye to you instead."

Hijikata gulped as he went down, with a sigh. 'I have to hurry up...I miss (Y/N) already.'

"You're!.....Mayo 13-sama!"Kuriko says with stars in her eyes, as she quickly jumped over the counter.

Hijikata, thinking he could use this to his advantage, quickly wrapped his arms around her waist. "She's my woman!" He smiled at Kuriko and then spoke.

"But, you don't need to worry anymore. I'll always...be by your side." Kuriko blushed as she looked at Hijikata dreamily.

"If you talk to her again, I'll kill you!!" Hijikata growls in his deep voice as he brings his sword out, and the three men shrieked before running away.