A Coward In Love (Sakata Gintoki)

In the Land of the Rising Sun, there are two families who rule over Japan. Two royal families reside in Japan, One is the Royalty that is shown to the outside, the Shogun which rules over the northern and western part of Japan. The other, is the royal family hidden from the prying eyes, those of the Royal Bloodline which rule over the southern and easter part of Japan.

But those of the Royal Bloodline are hidden away from the public, no one knows about them and so they were then ruled off by the people as a legend, an old folktale that never existed. To make matters simple and not complicated, they agreed to let the Shogun be the symbol of the country.

Those of the royal bloodline are the ones who rule over Japan in the shadows, hiding under the guise of the Shogun. And the current royal bloodline of Japan consists of 3 siblings, the firstborn being a female and the second and third are both male.

The current next in line to the throne, was Princess (Y/N), of the royal bloodline. But (Y/N) was a rebellious princess, she was always curious about what it would be like to be a normal citizen- so she alway snuck out of the palace.

"Oi, what are you doing here again!?" Gintoki whined when he saw the (H/C) haired woman lying on his couch with his JUMP in her hand.

"Hey, I'm paying you good money to let me hang out here and you say such mean words to me? My heart....feels hurt!~" She sighed dramatically, placing a frail hand to her head.

"Hmph, if only you weren't paying money." Gintoki narrowed his eyes at her as he walked towards his desk. Gintoki slowly placed his elbow on the table and leaned his chin unto his open palm, boring his red eyes on to (Y/N).

"....I can feel you staring at me, Gin." (Y/N) stated, flipping through another page of the JUMP. "Are you secretly a rich girl?" Gintoki suddenly asked her.

It had been months since (Y/N) had started hanging out at the Yorozuya House. It started when one day when the princess found a flyer of Gintoki's business lying at her feet.

"....They'll do anything as long as you pay?"

Those words were what struck her the most, and thus- The Yorozuya became her safe house. While her bodyguards would be running around all over the place, panicking when she disappeared. She'd be calmly reading JUMP or drinking Gintoki's strawberry milk in the Yorozuya House, even going as far as dressing herself in Gintoki's clothes.

"Hm, something like that?..." (Y/N) uninterestedly says, ignoring him and focusing her attention to the JUMP. "It's so noisy outside. What's the ruckus out there, Patsuan?" Gintoki asked Shinpachi who had just came back from shopping.

"Something about someone missing. Oh, I forgot the detergent, I have to go back." Shinpachi shrugged and exited the house again.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. She just knew that it was her they were looking for. Quietly placing the JUMP down, (Y/N) silently made her way to Gintoki.

She stood in front of his desk, as the silver haired male looked up at her in question. "Gintoki...." (Y/N) gulped thinly, and Gintoki could see the empty look in her (E/C) orbs.

"You'll do anything if I pay you right?" She asked all of a sudden and Gintoki felt suspicious. "That's right, why?" He inquired when suddenly (Y/N) leaned down closer to his face.

"Then go out with me tomorrow." She ordered him, Gintoki's lips parted as his mouth dropped open in shock. A huge blush covered his cheeks as he tried to look away from her seemingly nonchalant gaze.

"W-What the hell do you think you're making me do?! Are you crazy?!" Gintoki yelled at her, "Asking me to go on a date with you all of a sudden...." He whispered lowly, sometimes Gintoki was an open book.