I'll Take Care Of You (Hijikata Toshiro)

"This is troublesome. Damn it, where the hell is Kondo-san?" Hijikata lit up a new cigarette with a low grumble. His eyes darted from booth to booth searching for the gorilla Chief of the Shinsengumi. "Bailing on an important meeting for a woman?!" He yelled angrily when he spotted Kondo at a booth with Otae who was smiling but was clearly on the verge of beating Kondo to death.

"Kondo-san." Hijikata called out as the man looked up and grinned at the sight of his subordinate. "Oh, Toshi! What are you doing here? Join us!" Kondo patted the space next to him eagerly as Hijikata sighed and sat down.

"Hijikata-san, what a surprise." Otae greeted as Hijikata merely nodded at her and turned his stern gaze to Kondo. "Kondo-san, you know we have a meeting today." Hijikata started with his arms crossed and an intimidating aura surrounding him.

Hijikata was a very intimidating person. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have earned a nickname such as the Demonic Vice Chief of the Shinsemgumi. He was known for being strict and ruthless to anyone, the same goes to Kondo, may he be the Chief.

"Right, right! I completely forgot, Ahahahaha!" Kondo laughs, patting Hijikata's back in hopes of lessening the male's wrath. But little did he know it only fueled the fire. "I reminded you 20 minutes before the meeting. Yet, you still ran off!" Hijikata yells angrily, he was completely vexed now.

"Well, what's done is done, right? Why don't you sit here and have a drink?" Kondo grins as he pours Hijikata a cup of sake, but Hijikata refused it. Instead, something else caught his eye. It was in the booth directly in front of him.

He saw very familiar (H/L) (H/C) hair, those radiant but beautiful (E/C) orbs, that cute button like nose and those ridiculously alluring lips that seemed as soft as a pillow. Hijikata knew those features very well. He squinted his eye for a clear view and he was on point.

It was (Y/N), his girlfriend. Hijikata immediately felt irritated at the sight of his girlfriend sitting beside an unknown man along with a few other hostess beside him. His eyes were automatically glued unto (Y/N)'s figure on the booth in front.

"Toshi? What're you staring at?" Kondo asked curiously and thus he followed his trail of sight to find (Y/N). "Oh! Isn't that (Y/N)-chan? I forgot she worked here too!" Kondo says slamming a fist unto his open palm.

"Who's that guy beside her? Looks like a Joui Rebel, makes me want to arrest him." Hijikata's lips twitched as he clenched his fist in irritation. "Oh, that's Miyaji Seiju-san, he's been (Y/N)-chan's regular customer for a week now." Otae beams with a closed eye smile.

"Regular customer, huh?..." Hijikata echoed, but his eyes were already glaring at the male who tried to fake a yawn and wrap an arm around (Y/N). Hijikata's eyes widened when Seiju's arm was close to touching her skin, "That's just an excuse to touch her!" He whispered angrily. Then, (Y/N) stood up and patted her kimono down before sitting back down. "Nice save, (Y/N)!" Hijikata smirked triumphantly.

Evidently, he forgot that he was there to drag Kondo back to the Headquarters, and thus, ended up watching until Seiju had left to assure that he wouldn't dare do anything to (Y/N). Well, every advance that Seiju made, (Y/N) was quick to dodge and make up an excuse making Hijikata very proud, but still jealous.

----

Things didn't end at that though. Just to be sure, Hijikata accompanied Kondo the next day to keep an eye on (Y/N) while pretending that he was there to drag Kondo back to Headquarters if needed.

Hijikata furrowed his eyebrow at the sight of (Y/N) happily laughing with Gintoki. "What is that permhead doing with my (Y/N)?!" Hijikata grits his teeth when he sees how casually Gintoki placed his arm at the back of (Y/N)'s arm rest.

"Oh, Gin-san. He's always been requesting for (Y/N)-chan. Maybe it's because they're close friends." Otae mumbles with a sly glint in her eyes. "Hijikata-san, I think (Y/N)-chan's starting to fall for Gin-san~" the woman knew how to ignite Hijikata's inner jealousy.

"What?...." Hijikata gripped the table with an irritated expression. He watched as (Y/N) laughed and playfully smacked Gintoki's arm. Gintoki in response ruffled her hair making the female giggle even more. By now, Hijikata was seething with jealousy. The aura around him was so scary even Kondo was cowering in fear.

"T-Toshi?" Kondo called out as Hijikata accidentally crushed his favourite mayonnaise lighter in his hand. "Kondo-san, can I kill someone?" Hijikata's eyes twitched, but still glued unto Gintoki and (Y/N).

"U-Uh...I'm sure you can't, Toshi." Kondo sweat dropped, "It's for the good of the world." Hijikata stated as Kondo sweat dropped again. "Besides, I've been looking to find an excuse to arrest that permhead, isn't he a big name joui? This is the perfect timing then! Say, Kondo-san- doesn't it look like he's harassing a woman? He's totally harassing a woman right? I can totally arrest him for harassing a woman right?!" Hijikata yells as he stood up, enraged and unable to keep his emotions in check.

"Uh...Toshi, I'm sure you can't. He isn't even harassing her...." Kondo trailed off but Hijikata was already at Gintoki and (Y/N)'s booth. "Oh, Toshi!" (Y/N)'s eyes lit up when Hijikata appeared. Hijikata didn't utter a single word.

Instead, he glared at Gintoki before he turned to (Y/N)'s and kissed her. Right in front of everyone, Hijikata kissed (Y/N) passionately, Gintoki's jaw dropped and when Hijikata pulled away he dragged (Y/N) with him.

"Sorry, I have unfinished business with my girlfriend." Hijikata grumbled to Gintoki before he left the establishment in the blink of an eye. "....What just happened?" Gintoki sweat dropped.

"H-Hey, Toshi. What was that for?" (Y/N) asked when Hijikata dragged her back into her house. "Quit your job." (Y/N)'s eyebrows furrowed deeper at his words. "What? Toshi, I don't get what you're saying."

"I said you should quit your job!" Hijikata slightly raised his voice, making her jump in surprise. "Why all of a sudden, Toshi?" She placed a hand on his chest gently, hoping the male would calm down.

"I can't stand seeing you with other men. It irritates me." He bit his lip and averted his gaze to the side. Meanwhile, (Y/N) was fangirling inside at the sight of such a cute Hijikata.

"Toshi, any men who lay a finger on my skin gets their finger split in two within a second. Don't worry, I don't even spare them a glance." She smiles at him, but Hijikata only sighed.

"(Y/N), My job might not look it but my pay is quite high. I can cover for the two of us...so you don't need to work anymore." He mumbled lowly, still not meeting her eyes. (Y/N) arched an eyebrow at his words again. Hijikata was beating around the bush so she didn't really get what he really meant.

"I—...What?"

"I said you should quit because...I'm gonna marry you. I'll take care of you. So, you don't need to work anymore." Hijikata says, but then (Y/N) cupped his cheeks and made him face her. Hijikata's steel blue orbs met her warm (E/C) ones.

"Is that a proposal, Toshi?~" She teased as Hijikata blushed madly. But he was quick to regain his cool, swiftly placing a hand on her chin, he tilted her chin up to look up at him. "What if it is?~" Hijikata smirked as he easily captured her lips in a sweet kiss.

"Then, I guess I would say yes~"

-------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Author-san is back with her awful writing again today. This is tiff_reads request. Thanks for always voting, commenting, and requesting honey 😭 I do hope you'll like this.

Requests still open ♥️♥️