True Feelings (Sakata Gintoki)

"Fight me!" A young Gintoki declares at (Y/N) who was sitting on a rock, her back facing the silver haired boy.

(Y/N) glanced at him and sighed before turning around and ignoring him again. "Hey! Don't you dare ignore me!" He yells at her, grabbing her shoulder— he forced her to turn to him.

Gintoki's eyes widened when he saw her (E/C) orbs filled with tears. "W-Why are you crying?!" He gasped, letting go of her shoulder. She quickly wiped her tears off and she stood up.

Suddenly Gintoki plopped down on the ground, his arms and legs crossed with a blush across his cheeks. "Didn't you want to fight?" She says as she grabbed the kendo stick Gintoki brought.

"I don't fight crying girls." He mumbled out, as he placed his hand on his cheek. (Y/N) stared at him, stunned and taken aback by his actions. She smiled lightly at him before she threw the other kendo stick at his head.

What (Y/N) didn't know was that Gintoki made a one sided promise the moment he saw her cry. He promised himself— that he would always be there for (Y/N) when she cries, and that he would do anything he can to stop her from crying.

"That hurt! What do you want?" Gintoki grumbled out annoyed as he picked up the stick. "Beating losers who don't know when to quit make me feel better." She exclaims with a small laugh.

"Now I totally wanna beat you, come on!" He determinedly says taking a stance, gripping his stick tighter."Loser has to give the winner tonight's pudding!" He added as he smirked at her.

"No going back on your words." (Y/N) smirked back, as she took a stance too. Thus, their fight had started.

"Quit whining." (Y/N) grumbled as she ate her pudding, Gintoki was sitting beside her holding his pudding out with tear slipping from his eyes.

"(Y/N), what did you do to Gintoki?" Shoyo sighs with a small smile, entering the room where the two were.

"It's not my fault. He's the one who bet his pudding knowing he was gonna lose." She shrugs as Gintoki bit his lip, he shut his eyes and held the pudding out to her. "Take it! Take it before I change my mind!!"

Gintoki waited for a long while, but the pudding was still in his hands. He opened his eyes to see (Y/N) standing in front of him. "Keep it, it's too sweet for me." She stuck her tongue out and went away. Gintoki's eyes widened, pulling his pudding back and opening it he arched his eyebrow.

"But she loves sweet things...."

"(Y/N)? Zura said you got injured." Gintoki went up the roof where (Y/N) was keeping watch. Takasugi was helping Katsura devising a new strategy with Sakamoto so he figured he should check up on her.

"No, I'm fine." Her voice sounded so different. It made him feel uneasy. "Come on, don't be stubborn— let me see i—" Gintoki grabbed her shoulder and forced her to face him when he saw that same look on her face.

Eyebrows scrunched together, eyes brimming with tears, cheeks flushed red and lips quivering. "Wha—" Gintoki placed his hand over his chest, feeling it fluttering at that sight of her. A blush had crept up to his cheeks.

It rarely happened that she cried, because crying showed her vulnerable side. But that vulnerable side of her was so cute— Gintoki couldn't stop but fall for her every time she gave him that look.

"What are you doing?..." She wiped her tears with a hand as Gintoki sat beside her and silently gazed at the horizon. "What happened?" He says, as (Y/N) sighs softly and she stared off into the distance beside him.

"When I was doing the roll call— Shinki wasn't there." She lets out a small whimper. Gintoki immediately knew what it was— he was no fool. They were in the middle of a war, and it only meant one thing.

Slowly, Gintoki shot his arm out and pulled her towards his chest.

"It'll be alright...Even if everyone's gone. I'll be with you, I will always be by your side." He says, keeping his eyes on the distance. But he felt her grip his kimono tightly, soon he felt his clothes dampen.

She was whimpering, hiding her face in his chest, Gintoki let out a small sigh as he gently patted her back.

"Thank you, Gintoki....."

"Agh! For the last time, stop sneaking into my room!!" Gintoki yells, as he carried Sarutobi and threw her out of his house.

"Stalker?" (Y/N) comments with a monotone voice, she was busy eating a chocolate she had bought while laying on the couch.

"I've got enough freeloaders in my house." Gintoki snarls as the door bell rings. (Y/N) shot Gintoki a look and Gintoki sighed, making his way towards the door to open it up. Otae and Tsukuyo barged in.

"Hey, what are you guys fighting about now?" Gintoki whined, taking a seat beside (Y/N) while the two women placed themselves on the opposite couch.

"Gin-san, I heard from this woman that you groped her chest! Is that true?!" Otae asks as Gintoki flinched.

"Hah! Don't even bother to answer her ridiculous question, Gintoki. The important thing here is why she is jealous, or maybe it's because she doesn't even have a chest to begin with." Tsukuyo smirked, placing her smoking pipe between her lips.

"Hold on— you two, what are you even fighting about?!" Gintoki asks when (Y/N) suddenly placed a hand in front of Gintoki's face. "I know why they're fighting, it's very clear." She nodded as the two women raised an eyebrow at her.

"Gintoki— they both have a crush on you. It's time to give them a proper answer." (Y/N) says as she then stood up. "Huh? Where are you going?" Gintoki asked as he reached out to grab her hand but she walked away.

"I'm gonna step out and give you guys time to talk it out." She says, and then she disappeared. "Is that true?" Gintoki asked, staring at Otae and Tsukuyo who both were blushing.

"W-Well...I can't say it's a lie." Tsukuyo nodded meakly as she stared down. While Otae kept quiet with a wild blush on her cheeks. "I've already had my answer a long time ago." Gintoki says as he clenched his fist and looked down.

"I made a promise."

With that, Gintoki ran out of his house and searched for (Y/N). He easily found her on top of the Yorozuya's roof. Hugging her knees to her chest, her head tilted down. Gintoki could easily hear her pained sobs that escaped through little gasps.

"W-What are you doing here, you idiot...." (Y/N) sniffed, then she felt Gintoki sitting beside her. Then, he cupped her cheeks and made her face him. (Y/N) saw Gintoki's face— with a soft smile that only held her in his eyes.

"You're the idiot. What are you crying about now?" His warm hands still on her cheeks as he moved to wipe her tears away with his thumb.

"Love...hurts." She mumbles out, crying a bit more as Gintoki's eyes softened at her, finally getting what she was crying about.

"You truly are an idiot." He says, as he leans closer to her, and their lips collided softly. Moving in sync, as they kissed slowly.

When Gintoki pulled away, she had stopped crying. Her beautiful (E/C) eyes were widened, staring at him. Her mouth slightly open as she failed to get words out.

"You're the only one I love in this world, in any other world. I've loved you all these times, idiot." Gintoki laughs, pushing her head to his broad chest in a warm hug.

"G-Gintoki!" She cries out as she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Yes?"

"I love you!"

"I know, I know. I love you too..." Gintoki says as he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.