The Great Proposal Plan (Sakata Gintoki)

Gintoki nervously twiddled his thumbs together, his feet tapping impatiently against the floor as he took deep breaths every once in a while. Shinpachi was the last to enter the room, taking one last cautious glance at the door, he nodded at Gintoki.

"Alright, the reason I've called everyone here today is to discuss something very important." Gintoki breathed out calmly, everyone's eyes focused on his figure as he stood at the very front.

Most of his close friends were present, as well as the others who were his acquaintances. "H-H-How do I propose to (Y/N)?!" He yelled, with a very troubled look on his face as he drops to his knees.

"(Y/N)-nee-san? I feel bad for her, just the thought of you proposing to her Boss..." Okita shook his head sadly and Gintoki smacked him. "I'm serious!! I really wanna marry her!" He yells at him.

"So, uh...Does anyone have any ideas?" Gintoki looked around the room and Sarutobi raised her hand. "Gin-san, I propose that we should get married inst—"

"Okay, anyone else?"

"Well, what makes you think this time should be the right time to propose to her?" Tsukuyo questioned out loud as Gintoki looked down with a fond smile. "Ever since we were kids, she's always been tellin me her dream was to get married and have 3 kids." Gintoki spoke softly, a soft and sincere smile plastered on his face.

"Now, I believe that it's the perfect time for me to propose to her...That's why— I'm asking you guys for help! Please!" Gintoki had gotten down on his knees and bowed his head to everyone.

They all were surprised by this, Gintoki never bowed his head to anyone– his pride was that high. But that pride would mean nothing when he's doing it for someone he loves dearly.

"How about asking her to a dinner date?" Otae was the first to speak up. "Girls love the romantic type," She soon added. "That's no good! (Y/N)-nee would love to be proposed at in a fancy place!!" Kagura argued, and then— the room erupted in a huge noise about the discussion of Gintoki's proposal plans.

"One thing is for sure— Gintoki," Otose spoke with a small smile on her lips, she blew out smoke from her pipe and made eye contact with Gintoki. "We are all here to help you."

Gintoki's Great Proposal Plan #1

"This is seriously embarrassing, why does everyone have to watch?!..." Gintoki murmurs lowly as he fidgets in his place. He was waiting for (Y/N) outside Ikumatsu's Ramen Shop. "Sorry I was late Gin!" (Y/N) appears by his side, holding unto his arm. "I'm getting hungry, come on!" She says with a gleaming smile, pulling on his arm.

"All right, this is it!" Gintoki determinedly whispered to himself as he clenched his fist which had the ring inside. He looked towards his back to see everyone wearing poor disguises that didn't really hide their identities they all gave Gintoki a thumbs up.

"Say, (Y/N)—" Gintoki begun was he cleared his throat. One hand on his mouth and the other on his back hiding the ring. "I've been thinkin—" before Gintoki could say another word a loud noise interrupted.

"NO! I REALLY CAN'T LET THIS HAPPEN—" A certain purple haired ninja with an afro yelled standing on the table. At the same time, everyone else in the room threw their chair at her face to shut her up.

"I'm full!~ Ikumatsu-san, your ramen is as good as ever!" (Y/N) beamed excitedly at Ikumatsu before she stood up. "Gin, let's go back!~" She happily calls out to the silver headed male who's jaw dropped along with everyone else.

"W-Wait for me..." Gintoki depressedly stood up and followed after her. Placing the ring back into his pocket.

Gintoki's First Attempt : Failed

Gintoki's Great Proposal Plan #2

"Look at that, (Y/N)!" Gintoki pointed to the cute animals. His second plan was to capture her heart while they were on a date at the zoo. "Oh! It's really cute!~" (Y/N) was distracted by the cute animals and Gintoki took his as his chance.

Slowly, he pulled the ring out and got down on one knee while she wasn't looking. The very familiar faces in the crowd, some even dressed up as animals, watched expectantly as Gintoki opened his mouth.

(Y/N) was about to turn to face Gintoki when a sudden noise caught her ears.

"NOOOOO! I'M NOT A GORILLA!!" A certain gorilla looking chief cried out, hugging unto a pole while the zoo keepers were trying to pull him away. "Oh, did a gorilla escape from the cage?" (Y/N) hums to herself, as Gintoki's jaw dropped again.

"It might be dangerous, let's go home right now, Gin." She says as she walked ahead. Gintoki hanged his head low with a depressed sigh as he stood up and followed after her.

Gintoki's Second Attempt : Failed

Gintoki's Great Proposal Plan # 3

"This is it, we're totally going all out!!" Gintoki yells determinedly. This time, he decided to keep it simple— he planned to take her to the bridge when it was sunset, and as they watch the beautiful scenery he would magically pull out the ring and propose to her.

"Gin...I'm sleepy," (Y/N) whined as Gintoki tried his best to get her up on her feet. "Just for a little while, alright? Please." He pleaded with his hands together. (Y/N) glanced at him and sighed, "Fine. But only for a little while, alright?" She gave in and Gintoki was starting to get nervous.

The sky was painted with the beautiful scarlet colour as the sun slowly bid it's goodbye to the world. (Y/N) was leaning on the railing of the bridge, watching the sun set slowly. It was a heavenly sight, for Gintoki— that is.

Gintoki gulped once he saw her attention was focused on the sunset. He slowly knelt down on one knee and took the ring out. Shutting his eyes close and taking a deep breath, Gintoki opened his mouth, ready to voice out the thoughts that have been swimming in his mind.

"Gin, wanna get married?"

"(Y/N), Will you marry me?"

Gintoki and (Y/N) both froze. (Y/N) turned to him and she gasped when she saw he was on one knee.

"W-What did you just say?!" They both asked at the same time. Gintoki stood up while (Y/N) covered her mouth in surprise. "Oh my god...I-I had no idea!" She mutters out as Gintoki engulfed her in a tight hug.

He buried his face on the crook of her neck before he moved away and placed the ring on her finger. "So...I don't have to ask, huh?" Gintoki smirks at her.

(Y/N) smiled as she kissed him, with her arms around him. "It seems I don't have to ask too, either." She giggles.

(Y/N) and Gintoki's Great Proposal Plan: Huge Success.

————————

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Aww....I'm sorry! I really want Gin to be happy cause, why not? Anyways, here ya go tiff_reads hope you like it!

Requests still open!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️