In The Rain (Okita Sougo)

Okita Sougo's eyes looked up at the sky, he was doing his usual rounds when a drip of rain fell on his head. The sky was dark and the atmosphere was getting cold. Only one thought popped into his head: (Y/N). With that, Okita decided to go back to the Shinsengumi Base where his lover was waiting for him.

She hated the rain. She said it always made her feel uneasy and cold. Okita didn't hate anything- if he did, he would hate anything that made (Y/N) sad.

Silently he opened the door to his room to find his (H/C) haired lover wrapped in the sheets of his futon. Okita sighs lowly at the sight as he took his coat and sword off and joined her.

"S-Sougo?" (Y/N) called out softly with her beautiful (E/C) orbs looking into his red ones. "I'm here." He assured her as he gently placed his arms around her in a protective cover. "It's so cold...The rain suddenly came." (Y/N) muttered lowly as she faced his chest.

"I'm here, you won't feel cold anymore. Don't worry, I'll protect you." Okita whispered to her ears, his voice calmed her down. They soaked in the gentle embrace of the rain and the warmth of each other. "Yeah...I don't feel the cold, because you're with me." A soft smile graced her lips as she soon fell asleep.

Okita looked down to see the angelic view that is her face. She was so precious to him, nothing will ever make him resist anything she asked for. Only God knows how much he loves her. She was his warm embrace against the bitter cold.

In the rain, they held on to each other. In the rain, they found comfort in each other. In the rain, they felt their love for each other.

"Sougo!" (Y/N) whined as she pouted, giving her lover the cutest look she could offer. Okita sighed and looked up from his paperworks. "I'll join you once I'm done. Okay?" He sternly says as the woman huffed and buried herself in the sheets.

The door of Okita's room was open, a gentle breeze passing by as soon the rain drops started falling. The rain had come again- Okita glanced at (Y/N). The sheets were quivering, she was trembling. The rain had come so she was getting cold again.

With a faint sigh, Okita got up and made his way to her. He slowly pulled the cover away and laid down by her side. She was quick to embrace him, enjoying his warmth.

"Sougo, you won't ever let me feel cold in the rain, will you?" She grinned at him, Okita looked away with the faintest blush appearing on his cheeks. She was too cute for her own damn good.

"Shut up. I'm sleepy." Okita says as he encased her in his arms, pushing her head to his chest. As the warmth from his body caressed her softly as if lulling her to sleep.

"I love you, Sougo...."

Okita was a man not easily swayed, nothing could ever distract him from doing his job or take his concentration away once he was assigned a job. One thing that could possibly do that, would be (Y/N) herself.

Okita woke up to a rainy morning. The rain was pouring like bullets penetrating the ground. Okita's eyes then moved over to (Y/N) in his arms beside her. He tried to move her hand from his waist but then she stirred awake.

"Don't leave." She pleaded in a hoarse voice, her eyes still closed. Her grip on his waist getting tighter. "It's raining, Sougo. Stay with me." She begged again as Okita glanced at her. She was now looking up with her (E/C) eyes. He sighed- he was powerless against her.

"I'm not going anywhere." He assured her, as he encased her small frame in his arms once more. There was no distance between the two of them, only their bodies pressed together.

"It's cold." She murmured out tiredly, as she let her eyes fall, and she succumbed to the lulling warmth of sleepiness. "I'm here, I won't ever let you feel cold." He planted a gentle, soft kiss on her forehead, inhaling her scent. The corners of his lips turning up slightly. All he needed was her in his arms. As long as he had her, he didn't need anything else.

She was all Okita ever needed.

It was a quiet morning, rather it was supposed to be. Okita was out doing his paperworks from his latest missions when Yamazaki's thundering footsteps echoed in the silent halls of the Shinsengumi Base.

The door to Okita's room was thrown open as Yamazaki flew in. The words he uttered fell deaf to Okita's ears as he stood up and raced to where Yamazaki directed. Okita felt sick.

What was happening? He couldn't really process either. It all happened so suddenly he didn't have the time to react. He had to go, he needed to.

It all happened so suddenly. The rain came so suddenly.

Okita's footsteps died down, when he reached the place. A bunch of Shinsengumi Members littered the place, yellow tapes strewn around. He couldn't believe his eyes as he fell to his knees.

Okita didn't care anymore. He didn't care that he was getting soaked in the rain. He didn't care that everyone saw him crying. Hijikata placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. As he bowed his head and shook it.

Okita saw her lifeless body on the ground, surrounded by her own pool of blood, her blood mixed with the rain. As her body grew cold and pale.

Okita gently reached out to clasp her hand in his and place it on his cheek. "You idiot..." He croaked out in a broken voice. His eyes never leaving her pale face.

"I told you not to go out in the rain. Now look at you...." His tears fell on her hands. "You're so cold...Didn't you hate getting cold?"

"Sougo..." Kondo appeared, with his head hung down. "It's cold right now, you shouldn't have come out."

"I'm sorry...I wasn't there to warm you..."

Okita leaned on (Y/N)'s gravestone, her gravestone was right beside Mitsuba's. It was raining again. In the rain, Okita had gone numb, he went cold.

The rain hit his skin, but he didn't care. He didn't care anymore, two of the only women Okita loved in his entire life was gone. They've gone cold- and so did he.

Okita Sougo- had no love left in him. His soul was cold. His heart went cold.

Gently, he reached out to touch (Y/N)'s gravestone, his fingertips brushing against her engraved name on the stone. "Do you feel cold?" He asks in no one in particular.

Then, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Okita knew that feeling, it was her. He didn't know if he was imagining it but he heard her voice too.

"I'm not cold at all, Sougo....It's you. You're the one who's gone cold."

In the rain, Okita Sougo lost her.

-----------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

IT WAS BAD. IZ SO BAD. IM SORRY NatsumeDragneelUvU Hope you like it? I did my best girl. 😭

Requests still open tho. ♥️♥️♥️♥️