I Remember (Hijikata Toshiro)

"Sougo— AH! Damn it, come over here you bastard!!" Hijikata ran around in the middle of town, trying to catch Okita after a failed attempt of blowing up Hijikata.

"Come on, you guys. I just wanna finish the patrol and go back! For a bunch of policemen you guys are very responsible." (Y/N) sighs, as she shifted her weight on one leg and watched the two run around like kids. "But, I guess.. acting like a kid ain't too bad sometimes." She laughs a little, at the sight of Hijikata.

Hijikata was usually so stoic, strict and focused solely on work. Not even Kondo could force him to take a day off when he really needed it. The only times he would somehow act so casually was every time Okita tried to kill him. That, or he was just really annoyed by the younger male's persistance and dedication to kill him.

"Stop you two, come on." (Y/N) whined, uncrossing her arms and readying herself to step in. Okita often saw her as a sister figure so he obeyed whenever she asked him. The two men didn't stop, but instead Okita pulled out his bazooka and Hijikata froze in his steps.

"Wait, Toshi. Look out!!!" She yelled, eyes widened when she spotted the truck about to run Hijikata over. (Y/N) gritted her teeth, pushing her legs forward breaking into a sprint, she reached her hands out to Hijikata's back, and just before the truck could hit him, her fingers touched his back.

"...Toshi......" She weakly called out, feeling her body fall to the ground. The last thing she saw was Hijikata's eyes wide in panic, Okita dropping the bazooka and both men running towards her. Everything seemed to go in slow motion before her eyes shut close and everything went black.

"(Y/N)!!!!"

"NEE-SAN!!!"

---

"She's awake." The doctor stepped out from (Y/N)'s room. Hijikata and Okita both stood up, worry and panic still evident on their faces. "But...There's a little problem," The doctor's words made both men furrow their eyebrows and follow him quickly inside the room.

"Who.....are they?" (Y/N) sat at the bed, her head was bandaged as well as her arm. Her (E/C) hues seemed hollow, almost dull and empty as she stared into the far distance- into nothing.

"As you can see, she probably lost her memory due to the impact. She was lucky she survived, I suppose a little time is all she will need to get her memory back." The doctor explained to both men.

"She can be discharged tomorrow, but try not to make her do anything too heavy, she needs full rest to make a quick recovery." The doctor says before he stepped out leaving Hijikata and Okita with (Y/N).

"Are you...like, my brother?" (Y/N) looked at Okita with confused eyes. "That's right....I'm your little brother, nee-san." Okita smiled softly, as he placed (Y/N)'s hand on his cheek. "What? Really?...But, we look nothing alike!" She exclaimed as Hijikata sighed.

"He's like your brother figure..." Hijikata spoke up, "And you are?...." (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at Hijikata who racked his head for what to say.

'W-What am I to her?! Should I say secret admirer? No! She'd find me creepy. Should I say I always watch over her? No! I sound like a stalker!!' Hijikata racked and searched for what to say but failed in the end. "I'm...Just a friend." He forced his lips into a small smile.

"Oh, then it's very kind of you to visit me." She chuckled a bit. "No, uh...You saved me from getting hit by a truck, you got hit and now you lost your memories." Hijikata says, as he avoided her gaze.

"I see....But, don't feel bad! It's not your fault!! Hahahaha!" (Y/N) waved her hands at Hijikata, trying not to make him feel so guilty. "I...Maybe I did that for a reason. Maybe it's because you're a friend that I care deeply about!" She says with a sweat drop and an awkward smile upon her lips.