Take Her To The Moon (Sakata Gintoki)

I know it's been a while since our eyes last met

Too many words were left unsaid
Your head was poking out of the driver's seat
Eyes full of tears, I couldn't leave

Gintoki's head snapped up, his red wine orbs met with familiar (E/C) orbs. He knew those eyes. He loved those eyes. (Y/N)'s breath hitched when she had eye contact with him. Gintoki turned away and (Y/N) looked away too.

This was how they've been all these times. They both loved each other, but they never spoke their feelings. Everytime their eyes met, they could feel the longing they both held for each other.

Slowly, Gintoki placed his hand on top of hers and gave it a small squeeze. She didn't mind, she loved his touch. She loved him. Their love needed no words to be spoken, one look in their eyes was all it takes.

No matter what I do I still feel you coming back to me
When I know that you never will
So before I say goodbye, would you do one last thing for me?
Be happy

Gintoki looked at her figure sitting casually on his couch. She looked so happy as she read his JUMP, that smile on her lips, that light in her eyes. She was just so beautiful in his eyes. He loved her.

He wanted only the best for her, but he was also scared. He knew that though she was happy right now, someday, he might become the one to take away her happiness.

Gintoki frowned. He would do anything for her. His love for her knows no bounds, yet he still refused to speak out he words left in his heart. He just wanted her to be happy, as long as she was happy, he'd be happy too.

And take, take her to the moon for me
Take her like you promised me
Say you love her every time
Like how you told me the last time

"What's your dream?" Gintoki asked (Y/N), as they lay on top of the roofs, watching the moon while basking in the calm ambiance. (Y/N) hummed for a while before she turned to Gintoki.

Her eccentric and bright (E/C) orbs met his red ones and he blushed, she was just so beautiful. She grinned happily at Gintoki as she looked up again, "If I had to choose, it'd be to go to the moon."

"It's just so beautiful. I want to go to the moon, it's been my dream since I was a child. I'd hold up my hand like this." She reached a hand out towards the moon, "and pretend that it's in my grasps."

"So, Gintoki. What's your dream?" She beams, now turning to him, but she found that his eyes were already stuck on her. She froze when he smiled, he looked so alluring basked in the moonlight with that handsome smile of his.

"If I had to choose. My dream would be to take you to the moon."

Someday I know we'll meet again
In heaven by the rainbow's end
And I only wish you happiness
Until we meet again

(Y/N) smiled softly when she felt Gintoki grab her hand. "Look at me." He demanded in a soft voice and she sighed, closing her eyes and turned to him.

(Y/N) placed her warm hands on his cheeks and stared at him right in the eyes. "Don't worry, Gintoki." A beautiful smile graced her lips, her eyes lighting up.

"I've always been looking at you, Gintoki. You were the only one in my eyes. You've been the only one in my eyes all my life." She says, leaning her forehead on his.

Wish I could stick around and fight back your tears
Tell you, "My love, I'm still here"
Someday we'll understand why I had to leave
But for now I need you to set me free

"Please....Please stay with me."

(Y/N) watched Gintoki with tears in her eyes, she frowned at the sight. "Why is he crying?..I didn't want him to be sad. I didn't intend to....I just, wanted him to be happy." (Y/N) softly says as she covered her mouth and shut her eyes close feeling her tears streaming down, but he couldn't hear her. not anymore.

She knelt by Gintoki's side, she placed her hand on his cheek, pushing his tears away gently with her thumb "My love, I'll always be here."

Gintoki looked up, he felt her touch. The tears stung his eyes, but the pain in his heart can't bear such torture. "(Y/N), are you still there?" He croacks out in a hoarse voice.

No matter what I do I still feel you coming back to me
When I know that you never will
So before I say goodbye, would you do one last thing for me?
Be happy

"Gin-san...." Otae saw Gintoki kneeling in front of (Y/N)'s grave. She placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. Gintoki was trembling. "It's my fault..." Gintoki's voice was hoarse and soft from all the crying he had done. Every word he spoke went inaudible as his voice cracked.

"I wasn't even able to tell her...How much I love her."Gintoki covered his face with both his hands and gritted his teeth. "How can I ever be happy?"

He wasn't even able to say a proper goodbye before she left him. It was all so sudden. He didn't have time to tell her what he felt. He shouldn't have been a coward.

He had plenty of times to confess his feelings to her. But he didn't. He was a coward. Now, he couldn't even protect the woman he loves. He let her die.

No matter where you are
You'll always have my heart
No matter where you are
I'll love you from afar

"Gintoki...You have me with you by your side. Always." (Y/N) smiled as she watched from above. Gintoki wasn't smiling, he was crying. He couldn't smile. Not when she wasn't there anymore.

"I...will always, always love you, Gintoki. So....please, be happy." (Y/N) frowned as she felt her tears pricking her eyes. She clenched her fist. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Gintoki was supposed to be happy. Yet, why did he never smile so brightly again? Yet, why does his eyes look so sad? She did everything for him to be happy as she wanted him to. But things didn't turn out that way.

You have my heart
So be happy
Don't be afraid to be happy.

The love (Y/N) had been holding unto was left in her heart, she was never able to say it out loud. But she knew, she left her heart with him when she left.

She watched as Gintoki paid a visit to her grave. He placed two cups down and started drinking. Gintoki looked up at the sky and let out a deep sigh.

"I said I'd take you to the moon. Why'd you have to be so impatient and go there by yourself?....Now, I'm all alone. My dream is gone too, you took it with you when you left (Y/N). Did you finally get to go to the moon?"

-------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Daaaaaaaamn. Didn't know if I did a goob job or not. Hope you like dis one tho oki_doki_todoroki Also, this is my 90th story! It feels so weird, it hasn't even been a year yet I'm so close to 100!

Thanks to everyone who read, voted, commented on this book. I will always do my best!! ♥️♥️♥️

Requests still open! ♥️♥️♥️♥️