I Would've (Kondo Isao)

"An arranged marriage? Do I look crazy to you, Matsudaira-san?" (Y/N) looked at Matsudaira with wide (E/C) eyes as she rolled her finger around next to her head mockingly. "I'm sure I'm not. How on earth did you come to that conclusion?" She sighed as she served him his order.

(Y/N) was the owner of a small restaurant near Matsudaira's house. Thus, he became a frequent customer and close friend of (Y/N). But back with his antics to try and get Kondo married, he had been persuading the female to agree to the arranged marriage.

"Come to this place tomorrow at this time. I won't take no for an answer." Matsudaira says as he finished the food and left a paper on it. (Y/N) sighed placing a hand on her hip. This was troublesome, why would she need an arranged marriage interview with someone she didn't even know?

But, deciding to go with her manners. She thought it would be disrespectful to the other party if she didn't show up. "Fine, I'll just try it out. But I won't really do it." (Y/N) said to herself, placing the paper into her pocket.

(Y/N) hesitantly entered the room, where she saw 4 pairs of eyes were waiting intently for her arrival. She gulped when she saw the four men. "(Y/N)-chan, glad you could make it~" Matsudaira rolled his tongue like usual as she took a seat beside him.

"Introduce yourself. Don't be rude to (Y/N)-chan." Matsudaira glared at the spiky brown haired gorilla and shot the spot right next to him. While the other two, Hijikata and Okita remained unfazed. "Y-Yes! I'm Kondo Isao! Commander of the Shinsengumi, I'm 28 this year!!" Kondo quickly blurted out as she bowed to (Y/N).

(Y/N) found him interesting, a little bit. She couldn't tell what, but something about him made her feel at ease and calm. "Good. (Y/N)-chan if you please." Matsudaira treated (Y/N) the exact opposite as he did to Kondo.

"I'm (Last Name) (First Name). I'm the owner of a small restaurant. I'm 29 this year." At her words, Hijikata and Okita's eyes widened. "She's older than Kondo-san but she looks like that?" Hijikata whispered, "She's got that looks, Kondo-san would be better off with her." Okita nodded.

"Alriiiight~" Matsudaira's voice thundered as he stood up, "You two, come with me." He pointed at Hijikata and Okita with his gun, making them flinch but still obey his order.

Kondo looked towards (Y/N) and saw her gaze fixated on the garden outside. He smiled and tried to lighten up the mood, "It's beautiful, isn't it?" He says with his arms crossed, a wide smile on his face as he followed her trail of sight.

"Yes, I know the owner of this place." (Y/N) smiled lowly, her eyes never tearing away from the flowers. "His wife died 4 years ago, but because she loved flowers, her husband planted every single flower he could just for her."

"I'm sorry, Kondo-san." She then turned to Kondo and bowed to him politely before giving him a smile. "I only came because Matsudaira-san wouldn't stop bothering me. Also, it would be disrespectful for you if I didn't show up."

"Oh, oh! I completely understand! I was forced to be here too! Don't worry, I understand!" Kondo laughs as he waves his hand in front of him, somehow- she looked cute in his eyes.

"I see then, I'm glad we're on the same page." She says, tilting her head to the side with a smile. "Everyone around me has been pestering me to get married because I'm already so old. But I believe marriage should be between two people who met each other under fate, chose to love each other by their own choice, and promise to spend their lives with each other." Her words made Kondo's eyes go wide.

She was so kind, gentle and just overall beautiful. If he didn't have Otae, surely he would've fallen for this beauty sitting right in front of him.

"I completely agree, (Y/N)-san." He nodded, "Marriage shouldn't be forced, it will become the foundation of one's love. A family will be founded with it so I believe that only those with the purest intentions of spending their lives with their other half deserve it." He beamed, ending it with a loud laugh.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened at this, he was such a genuine man. He may not look it but she could clearly see his heart full of sincerity and purity. What a man, she thought. (Y/N) placed a hand on her chest, as she felt her heart flutter.

She had never met a man with such good intentions, and such a beautiful view on marriage. She was surprised with his words, he had a beautiful view on life. (Y/N) smiled, why was she thinking so much about a man she just met? She knew the answer: She had fallen for him.

"I see then. Kondo-san, I do hope you'll find the time to visit my restaurant. Matsudaira-san's my frequent customer, I believe you'll find my cooking skills acceptable." She winks at Kondo as she stood up, giving him a little bow.

"It was truly nice to meet you." She says before she left the place. Kondo seemed stunned, All the other women he had met were pretty much a gorilla. He never met such a kindhearted woman before.

He felt something flutter in his chest, but then his mind drifted off to Otae. 'Ah, Otae-san. I wonder what she's doing now..' Kondo thought as he looked up.

(Y/N) was on her way back from shopping, when she spotted the familiar figure of Kondo in the near distance. She spotted Hijikata too. "(Y/N)-san, pleasure to meet you here." Hijikata bowed to her, "You too, Hijikata-san."

She then turned her attention towards Kondo, seeing him being beaten by Otae. "Is that?..." She furrowed her eyebriws as she trailed off. 'Ah, there goes Kondo-san's chance to get married off...' Hijikata thought but then she suddenly giggled.

"I see...So that's how it is, huh?" She nodded, "What do you mean, (Y/N)-san?"

"Kondo-san...I thought it was weird how such a kindhearted man like him was single, it appears he has someone he held dear." She smiled, but there was something off about her smile, even Hijikata could tell that.

"Kondo-san is a good man. I love how kind his heart is, how pure his intentions are. If he didn't have anyone he held dear, maybe I would've fought a little harder for him." She giggled softly, "But seeing the way he looks at her, just makes me wish....he looked at me that way."

"(Y/N)-san...You—!"

"Oh right, I have to go now. Send my regards to Kondo-san. Hijikata-san." She bowed quickly, before Hijikata could notice her tears and ran away.

Hijikata sighed as he placed his hands in his pockets, his eyes glued on (Y/N)'s retreating figure. "She's the first one to see Kondo-san like that but still fell in love with him. What a waste, Kondo-san." Hijikata frowned as he shook his head.

Another love confession, buried in the heart, leaving unspoken words unspoken. Kondo Isao- had the chance of a lifetime, but he couldn't see it clearly.

------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

I....Hope I did a good job with this.kikaizoku I hope you like it. I just really see Kondo and Otae getting together so I didn't know how to do this at first.

Request still open tho. ♥️♥️♥️♥️