Words I'll Never Say (Hijikata Toushiro) (Slight! Sakata Gintoki)

(Y/N) was a woman who liked to lay low and play safe. She was in the Joui War after all, and after their defeat- she had to make sure she wouldn't attract any attention.

Thus, after seeing Gintoki's business- which he started all by himself. She decided to make use of her medical knowledge and opened up a small clinic near Gintoki's place.

But little did she know- settling into the small Kabuki District, she met the love of her life.

The first time she had seen him was when there were some Joui Rebels who has snuck into her small clinic, since the Shinsengumi was hot on their tails.

She was not able to do anything but listen to the rebel's every order, she didn't want to attract any attention, after all.

Until the Shinsengumi came bursting through her doors, fighting with the rebels. She was contemplating on whether she should fight them or just sit by and watch, so she did something completely unrelated to the two options. She grabbed all her precious notebooks and journals about medicine. That was- Until Hijikata Toushiro showed up.

He was yelling at the top of his lungs, swinging his sword with all of his might. It was night, when it had happened. And yet, despite the darkness she saw his handsome features as clear as day.

"Oi! What are you doing here?!" Hijikata yells, she feels her body being pulled towards him, and she found herself pressed against Hijikata's chest. Hijikata swiftly cut through the men as he ran back out to guide her to safety.

"Who is she, Vice Chief? Is she with the Joui Rebels?" Yamazaki asks when Hijikata had turned her over to the men clad in black uniform. "No, she's the doctor of this clinic! Get her checked out for any injuries. There are still some rebels left inside!"

"H-How did he know?..." (Y/N) silently questioned herself while Yamazaki took her inside the patrol car. "Then, what's your name miss?" Yamazaki asks her as she nodded and complied with Yamazaki's questions.

After that, her clinic was unfortunately burned down by the Rebels as an attempt to escape from the Shinsengumi. Left with nowhere to go, and all her possessions burned to ashes. Hijikata proposed the idea of hiring her and the Shinsengumi's Doctor and Kondo approved of it.

--

"Zaki-kun, what's wrong?" (Y/N) giggles at Yamazaki who was sprawled on the ground outside of Kondo's office. She was on her way back to the infirmary to fix up the new medicine she had bought.

"(Y/N)-san, Captain Okita's sister came to visit- did you know? Apparently Vice Chief had a thing for Captain Okita's sister!" Yamazaki gushed and she paled at his words.

"Sougo's sister?" (Y/N) asks as Yamazaki nodded and urged for her to take a peek through the small gap they made through the door. (Y/N) peeked in and saw Okita sitting beside a beautiful woman with neat sandy brown locks, she had beautiful features and looked graceful and elegant in every way.

"I see...I can see why Hijikata-san's in love with her, she's so beautiful!" (Y/N) spoke softly, although she felt her heart writhing in pain.

"Then, I have to go sort out some medicine now, Zaki-kun." (Y/N) bid goodbye to Yamazaki and quickly made her way to he Infirmary.

"He had someome he loves. What was I thinking?" (Y/N) frowns, feeling the tears brimming her eyes, she slid down the door and placed both her hands on her chest.

"Why does it hurt this much?" (Y/N) furrows her eyebrows at herself. Why was she even falling in love with someone who couldn't reciprocate her feelings? Was she even worthy of loving? Is this how love felt?