I'll Always Be Here (Sakata Gintoki)

Gintoki sat up hurriedly, he was sweating immensely as he gasped to catch air in ragged breaths. Gintoki woke up, dreaming of her-again

He always had been ever since the Joui War,20 years ago. He never stopped thinking about her every second of the day.

His only beloved, (Last Name) (First Name), his childhood friend, before Yoshida Shoyo found Gintoki and took him in. (Y/N) was already with Shoyo at that time, so she was considered his senior at the Samurai Dojo.

Gintoki sighs as he runs his hand through his mess of a silver hair, "It's that day again..."He groans as he looks up for a while, in a blank gaze before he got up.

"Oh, Gin-chan. Shinpachi said we were out of detergent, go buy some and sukonbu too."Kagura says as she walks out from the bathroom.

"I'm busy today, go buy it yourself."He mutters, with a simple wave of his hand, not even bothering to look at Kagura, or pick his nose, he went to shower amd then got dressed in his usual red lined black shirt and matching pants,with his wave styled white yukata,held by his black belt.

"Are you going out?"Kagura asks peeking out from the door when Gintoki was putting his boots on. "I am, I'll be back later, if you need anything, tell Patsuan." With a wave of his hand he was gone like the wind.

"Kagura-chan, did you tell Gin-chan to buy the detergent?"Shinpachi asks, he met Gintoki who was on his way down the stairs while Shinpachi was on his way up.

"He said he was busy today, go buy it yourself, he also said to buy a month's worth of sukonbu."Kagura says as she strode over to Sadaharu.

"You clearly added the last part!...Eh, wait- If I'm right, today is-!"Shinpachi trails off as he stared at the calendar, "It's the day Gin-san would be sad all day without a reason."Shinpachi looks down, they noticed Gintoki's self tradition at a certain day.

Usually he'd be distant, quiet, and get himself drunk to the point he would puke. But they had completely no idea was it was all about, whenever they asked Gintoki, he would mumble in a soft voice, "A part of me died today."

"Kagura-chan, let's follow Gin-san and find out where he's going!"Shinpachi says as he pulls Kagura by the collar and runs out the door.

Shinpachi's eyes wandered the streets of Edo until he saw Gintoki coming out from a flower shop with a single piece of rose and a plastic bag of sake and two cups. "Is he going drinking with a woman?"Shinpachi questions as they watched him from behind a pole.

"Oh! He didn't buy sukonbu!!"Kagura yells but Shinpachi quickly placed his hand over her mouth before Gintoki could hear her voice.

"Gintoki!"Katsura calls out but Gintoki walks past him silently, his dead fish eyes looking even more lifeless by the second until Katsura looked down. "Oh right...Today is...."Katsura trails off as he looks down too and sighs.

Gintoki walked aimlessly through the streets of Edo, no matter who called out, friend or enemy. He paid no heed to them and walked straight on his path with his head hung low and his hand in his yukata, until he reached a large tree at the edge of the graveyard, where a grave lies at the front.

Gintoki sighs as he lays the rose on the tomb and he takes out the sake. "I've come again this year,"He grunts in his lazy, monotone voice as he started pouring the drinks.

"Maybe I should stop this little tradition of mine, huh?...I'm not getting any younger you know."Gintoki laughs a little as he sat leaning down at the back of the tomb looking up at the clear blue sky.

"Do you see this view too, from where you are?...."He says as he closes his eyes and drinks the sake in his hands, "I miss you day by day, if you don't hurry back. Someone else might take your place,"Gintoki calls out to the sky.