Samurai-san (Kawakami Bansai)

"Are you going out now, Shinsuke?" (Y/N) yawned as she spotted the purple haired male stand up and make his way to the door. "I'll come back later again. Would you mind waiting and taking care of the trash for me?" He faked a smile at the woman who sighed.

She knew what he was talking about. It was about the blonde girl who had been following him around and asking him to take her with him.

"Hey, I get that we're close and all. But don't ask me to take care of your stuff." She stuck her tongue out at him. "Do I have to wait for you before dinner?" She asked again.

Takasugi gave her a small glance over his shoulder, "Yeah. I'm bringing a friend along." Takasugi smirked and (Y/N) sighed. "Honestly, you bring me too much trouble."

After that, Takasugi left. He was recruiting and he already had a person in mind. (Y/N) was a fellow disciple of Yoshida Shoyo. But after the war, she chose to accompany her dear friend which was like a brother to her, Takasugi.

She couldn't leave him alone, to her‐ he was the brother she never had and now that she had nothing once again after what happened at the war. She made up her mind to never lose another one of her family ever again.

(Y/N) hums while walking along the path back to her house, she stepped out of her small house for a while to buy some ingredients for dinner. As she was walking by a small alleyway, she finds an injured man leaning up against the wall.

He had slightly unruly teal hair and the most beautiful pair of brown eyes she had ever seen. He carried a shamisen in his hand but his arm had a seemingly large gash which was bleeding.

"Are you injured?" She asked, crouching down to get a closer look on his face. It was the man named Kawakami Bansai, she knew about him. Takasugi told her so, he planned to recruit him.

'Well...I guess I can fix him up. Shinsuke's looking for him anways.' (Y/N) thinks in her mind as she sighed and stood up. "Follow me, I can heal your wound. My house isn't far and I'm no one suspicious." She muttered out lowly, Bansai stared at her suspiciously and warily.

Feeling his arm sting with the unbearable pain, he sighed and followed after the mysterious (H/C) haired woman. She never asked anything about him. Why he was injured, What was he doing there or why he was hiding.

She just fixed up his wound quietly and as swiftly as she could. "Next time try to be careful." She had her back turned to him. Bansai's eyes studied her figure as she arranged her materials with her back left completely unguarded to a complete stranger.

'If I leave, she might tell on me....' Bansai thought as he slowly and silently pulled out the sword hidden in his shamisen. He eyed the woman, as he raised his sword. But before he could move it against her neck, he found a scalpel held against his neck.

(Y/N) held her scalpel right next to his neck without even turning around. Her back still faced him as she spoke with a chilling voice. "Listen, samurai-san." She lightly pressed the scalpel deeper into his neck.

"You don't know a thing about me. In your eyes I'm probably a complete stranger who randomly offered to help you with your wound, So let me tell you a bit about me." She finally turned around.

Bansai could see her (E/C) orbs lighting up dangerously as she glared at him with her eyebrows furrowed angrily. That sight made his knees go weak, 'What is this....feeling that makes me weak at the sight of her?'

"I'm a skilled medic." She stated simply, looking at him with a cold gaze, "It feels good to be able to cut up people with their consent you know? Under the pretext that I'm healing their wounds, haha." She laughed ironically.

"I'm also a master of Martial Arts and just as equally skilled with a sword. So before you do anything you'd regret, I suggest you don't before you lose your life. All life has a purpose in this world." She ended, now a gentle, innocent smile appearing on her lips.

She closed her eyes and smiled widely as she moved the scalpel away from his neck. "Be safe on your way out, samurai-san~" She stated again before she walked away leaving Bansai alone.

Bansai let out a sigh of relief, he had unconsciously held his breath when she did so. 'What an interesting woman. If we didn't meet under such a circumstance. I'm sure I would've fallen for her.' Bansai smiled to himself as he exited her house.

"What a shame. He was quite a handsome samurai-san too. Too bad he's got bad manners when approaching a lady~" (Y/N) sighed to herself as she shook her head disapprovingly and watched as Bansai disappeared into the town.

---

"So what's the plan now?" Bansai asked Takasugi, right after they had escaped from prison with the help of Takechi. "In three days my ship will arrive here. But before that, we'll meet up with my old friend." Takasugi smirked when he saw the confused expression appear on Bansai's face.

"S-So....your old friend lives here?" Bansai sweat dropped at the sight of the house he was just in earlier this morning. "Yes. You might recognize her, she was known as the 'Goddess Of War ' back then. A piece of advice would be not to get on her bad side." Takasugi chuckled as he entered the house simply with Bansai trailing nervously behind him.

"Shinsuke, you're late."

There it was. Her lovely voice- lovely? When did Bansai find her voice so lovely and why did it seem like music to his ears? Was it when he first saw her? She indeed had the looks, he was captivated at first sight when he saw her at the alleyway. Now he could understand why they called her 'Goddess' she had the looks befitting the title.

Bansai followed Takasugi into the dining room where (Y/N) was at. The sight of her wearing an apron, her (H/C) haired tied back made his heart swoon. Bansai placed a hand on his chest when he saw her, Why was his heart beating at the mere sight of? It was as if....as if he yearned for her love.

'Love at first sight? What am I, a kid? ' Bansai ridiculed himself in his thoughts as he watched Takasugi talk with (Y/N).

"Kawakami Bansai." Bansai bowed his head slightly as he introduced himself to her. "My name is (Y/N), samurai-san." She had this knowing smirk on her face. Bansai looked up to meet her eccentric (E/C) eyes.

"I hope this time you won't be as rude as you were before." She snickered lightly as she laid out the food. "Dig in."

"Rude as before? When did you two meet?" Takasugi narrowed his eye at (Y/N). "Just shut up and eat, Shinsuke."

"You eat too, samurai-san." She winked at Bansai who blushed at her gesture. He sighed internally and knew he was doomed.

The moment his eyes met her eyes- he had already fallen for her and no matter what, he won't be able to get out of it.

He would daresay that he will never fall out of love with this woman named (Y/N).

-------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
AND- author-san is back with today's daily fic with Bansai the cutie! Ahahahaha. But I wrote a bad one...I dunno if it's good? It probably isn't. pinecest15 hope u like it??? But at least author-san did her best, right? Ahahahaha. I'm sorry. I'll try my best on the rest of the other requests 😭

Requests still open so feel free to request! ♥️