I Will Never (Sakata Gintoki)

The gentle trail of sunlight seeps through the cracks of the window, waking the lazy samurai sleeping in his futon. Gintoki groaned lighty. He slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes.

Gintoki's eyes instinctively closed as he yawned, paving through the streets of the Kabuki District in the early morning. He just wanted to get out of the house when Kagura had started her usual morning complaints.

"Agh, it's too damn early." Gintoki scowled, scratching the back of his neck. He turned his head towards Ikumatsu's Ramen Shop, after a while of pondering he decided to enter.

"Oh, Gin-san. You're the second customer to come in this early." Ikumatsu greeted, Gintoki eyed the woman's figure sitting in front of Ikumatsu. His wine red eyes that were usually half lidded, widened just by a little more.

Gintoki lets out a small cough, as he takes his place beside the female. "Tough morning?" She suddenly asks him when the two of them started eating. Her voice was smooth and soft, one that he'd been dying to hear. It trumps Ketsuno Ana's weather reports. It was still the same, he couldn't forget.

"Very." He nodded meekly, as they minded their own business then. Ikumatsu's eyes went back and forth between Gintoki and the woman, whose name was (Y/N), she had asked her ealier. They seemed to know each other but it also seemed like they were complete strangers.

Ikumatsu placed a hand on her chin, as she analyzed it. Did Gintoki know (Y/N)? Or was the small talk earlier just a simple greeting from a stranger to another?

"I'm finished. It was delicious." (Y/N) says, smiling up at Ikumatsu, she then handed the money to her. "But this is twice the amount..." Ikumatsu furrowed her eyebrows as (Y/N) stood up.

"I'll pay for the gentleman who accompanied me this fine morning. I do hope his tough morning will lighten up a bit." She says with a gentle smile before she turned back. Ikumatsu turned to Gintoki suspiciously, his eyes went back to it's usual half lidded style and were solely focused on the ramen.

"Isn't this great? I get a free meal thanks to a complete stranger." Gintoki nodded to himself, he never once glanced back at (Y/N).

"Do you know her, Gin-san?" Ikumatsu asked, her gaze focused on Gintoki. Gintoki had some sort of emotion in his eyes, but he only clenched his fist and let out a small sigh.

"No, I don't." He denied calmly, "Then, consider yourself lucky." Ikumatsu nodded lightly.

Then, Katsura entered the shop and placed a hand on Gintoki's shoulder. "Gintoki! You won't believe it! I think I just saw (Y/— " Before Katsura could finish Gintoki smacked his hand away from his shoulder and stood up.

"Shut up."

"Agh, what the heck?! Where's my strawberry milk!?" Gintoki whined in frustration, ruffling his mess of a silver hair. He was at the convienience store to buy his usual intake of sugar- that takes form in the carton of strawberry milk. But he couldn't find it anywhere.

This was when his beloved strawberry milk was held out to him. "It's over here." It was her again, (Y/N). Gintoki stared at her with a lost look in his eyes. He takes the carton from her hands with a small nod. "Thanks."

He wasted no time and turned away from her and towards the register. He was determined to keep his promise. Right now, he didn't know her. (Y/N) only smiled softly, before she exited the store, not noticing the short glance Gintoki gave her.

"Damn it. Why the hell is she everywhere?" Gintoki angrily stomped as he walked towards the path back to the Yorozuya. But his thoughts refused to leave the (H/C) haired woman.