🥀Book 2 PROLOGUE🥀

•••••••

•••••••

Anastasia Scott the younger sister to Phoenix.
She grew up with a past that will haunt you, she became mute.
Now living back home with her father, dealing with her own battles inside her mind can finding love be bad?

Who knows..

•••••••••••

Anastasia

Let me tell you something you already know, the world aren't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life but it aren't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. - Rocky Balboa

Ever since I was little I lived by that quote, someone who made his fame by writing a movie script and selling it but no one wanted him to star in it. True story by the way. But when I was little girls my aged loved watching princess movies, me? I would rather sit on the couch with my dad and watch Rocky. I was never a girly girl. Hate it to be honest. I was the tom boy, I would get picked on but at the end of the day I didn't care.

Till my mother took my sister and I away from our father. I watched my father fall to his knees crying as my mother drove away even I was crying but to the point of making myself sick, about a year later something horrible happened. I was attacked.. You see I'm mute, I use sign language but I can talk it's just it hurts to talk.. When I was attacked I was home with my stepfather and he had a few friends over they got a little drunk and decided find me, I was playing in my room..

As my stepfather was downstairs his friends got a bit handsy with me and when I struggled against them one of the guys held a knife to my throat. I was 5 or 6 years old at the time so I was scared, I was screaming but it felt like no one could hear me. As I struggled even more the knife had slipped out of the guys hand but along way cut into my throat damaging my vocal cords I am no longer able to speak normally again.

But that was a long time ago.

And to this day I still have nightmares about it.

But I try to keep my mind off of it, I go to college and I work out. When I was in high school I became friends with the 'badass' group in school, when used to street fight in an underground tunnel. It was pretty cool so I decided that I wanted to learn everything I could about being a street fighter so they taught me.

I became that good a lot of people were scared to fight me. I channelled every emotion into every hit I threw, of course I took hits myself but it made me more fueled with fire that I came back 10 times harder leaving my opponent on the floor unconscious. In my eyes I pushed myself every day, I made myself burn to the point that my arms and legs hurt the next day. I pushed to the point where all I knew was pain. I was in pain everyday, not because of the ache in my body but my throat.

When we moved back in with our dad, I found the local gym and a flyer of an underground ring, I was happy this was my way of making money to open my own gym for people in need to work out their anger. But I had college to finish.

When Phoenix started hanging around Tor and his motorcycle club, I knew I had to keep my life as a fighter a secret but I nearly blew it when Phoenix had gone missing. I had a fight that night and when Sasha called me up I quickly got out of there as soon as my fight was over. I ran all the way to the Armored Beasts clubhouse I didn't even change out of my clothing when I got there my lungs were burning but I was pissed and sign language wasn't going to get me the answers I wanted. So I had to use my voice.

I had been seeing Tristan's VP Big Bass so when he asked me what I was doing there I had to tell him to shut the fuck up. No one was getting in my way not even the slut who went by Kelly would keep me away from finding what happened. When Phoenix was safe and home I took on a lot more fights and I barely spoke to Big Bass, which in a way it made me sad because when I did hang out with him he took the time to learn sigh language so he could understand me. On the outside he was a big scary guy but when you got to know him he was a teddy bear.

I was nearly 20 years old and I've never had a boyfriend before, never even had sex.. so why would a huge handsome man 10 years older than me, be into me? Please explain? Someone?

I was a broken soul..

Today was a painful reminder of that day years ago, so I have been in this gym since it open at 6am and I'll be here till it closes. I needed to work out the pain of the memories of what had happened.

Punch after punch I hit the punching bag, the music I was listening to was loud the way I liked it. It made the demons inside my head stay quiet for a while. I would never forget what I have been through to get where I am today, the people I've met and the lessons I've learnt over the years.

By the time it was closing time I had pulled my hood over my head and walked home I couldn't help noticed that Phoenix and my dad weren't home, to be honest I hated being alone even though I was mute and could never have a conversation with anyone. Being alone sucked.

Big Bass had been messaging me for a few days now but I couldn't bring myself to answer so I did a coward thing I looked at the messages just never replied. It was going to be one of those nights were I would be listening to my demons haunt me and not get any sleep.

•••••••
--------------

Book 2 of Sisters in Ink!
Enjoy!