B5/C18

••••••
S

cars “Dee”

I sat in the corner of the room keeping my eyes on Mel, it felt like if I took my eyes off of her she’d slip away. When the doctor came out an hour later after I gave Sasha a call, he told us that she had slipped into a coma. I was pissed at her, I couldn’t believe how she could be so reckless and drive in the heavy rain.

It was 6 in the morning by now when I heard Sasha walking through the door to Mel’s room. Sasha held her sleeping son in her arms but once she saw her sister in the bed she broke down making me jump up from the chair that I was sitting in and take Dakota from her arms before she dropped him.

“Is… Is she okay?” Sasha asked me as she kept her eyes on her twin sister.

“The doctors say she’s okay but she is in a coma..”

“Then how does that make her okay!” Sasha yelled out making me jump and waking up her son. 

“Everything will be okay Sasha. Your sister is a fighter, you know that. Just let her fight this and in a few days, she’ll be up and about” I tried to calm her down but I didn’t know what was going to happen with Mel, would she be okay? I just fucking hope so.

“Have you guys had breakfast?” I asked Sasha as she sat in the chair next to her sister’s bed, with a shake of the head. I told her that I could take Dakota to go get something to eat. So she could have some alone time with Mel.

*******

Once Dakota had something to eat, we walked back up to the room Mel and his mother Sasha were in but when I got onto the floor and was walking down the hall, I stopped when I saw Hack’s sitting outside the room. “Aunt Dee, who's that?” I heard the little boy ask beside me as he was tugging on my hand.

Hacks looked over at us and immediately stood up, I hadn’t seen him over the week he had been gone, I hadn’t heard from him since he had been gone. I tried to text him or even call him but I couldn’t get myself to go through the pain of heartbeat again but I knew I would have to ask him why he left me standing there in my bedroom that day without a word. 

“What are you doing here?” I asked Hacks when we walked over to him. 

“Kitana told everyone what happened, I just wanted to make sure you were okay,” He says looking at me then down at the little boy who hid behind my legs smiling softly at him. “Hey little guy” 

Dakota looked up at me, I gave him a nod to say it was okay “Hello” Dakota says shyly.

“Why don’t you go inside and give mama her breakfast D,” I tell him, opening the room of Mel's and seeing Sasha still sitting there softly talking to her sister when she recognizes me standing by the door I told her that I would be out in the hall if she needed me.  

“How is she?” Hacks asked when I walked back into the hall closing the door behind me.

I shrugged my shoulders before wrapping my arms around myself, I looked down at the floor when I felt my eyes sting with tears a few seconds later I felt the warmth of  Hacks wrapping his arms around me helping me sit down in the chairs outside Mel's room. I was that tired I nearly fell asleep once my head laid against his shoulder. "You haven't had any sleep have you?" Hacks asked me, I mumbled no trying not to fall asleep.

******

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up I felt the soft silky black sheets as I stretched my body out, I was in an oversized shirt when I looked down at myself but when I looked at the clock it was midnight "shit" I mumbled. I slowly got out of bed when I smelt something good coming from the kitchen walking out of the room slowly, that was when I saw Hacks in the kitchen making something to eat. Looking over his shoulder when he heard me giving me a soft smile, I couldn't help notice that he had no shirt on.

 "How did you sleep?" He asked, placing two plates of food on my little kitchen table. 

"Okay, still tired though" I mumbled as I took a seat. "Did you bring me home?"

"Yeah, you partially fell asleep on me at the hospital. I didn't want you to wake up alone so I stayed" 

"Don't you need to do things for the club?" I looked at him but he shook his head no.

"It's quiet at the moment."

"Isn't that a bad thing?" 

"In a way. But also a good thing as well. Why all the questions?" He asked me as I sat there I shrugged my shoulders looking down at the food he made. Mac and cheese with bits of bacon thrown in. My favourite. "Hmm well eat up, knowing you, you probably haven't eaten anything." He says waiting for me to pick up my fork, I looked at him a few seconds before I started to eat.

Once we were done I got up and grabbed the plates and walked over to the sink "we need to talk Dee" I knew this moment was coming, the talk.

Nodding my head I leave the dishes in the sick turning around to face him as he stood up slowly making his way over to me "last week when you showed me those photos I lost it. Not at you but at your ex.." 

"So you went to LA. Did you find what you were looking for?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side. "I did my own research Kurt, I know you went there"

"Your right I did, I went looking for him" 

"Why? Why couldn't you just leave it alone?" 

"Because!" He growled out making me jump a little, he sighed reaching up to hold the side of my neck and stole my cheek "because I wanted him to pay for what he did to you. I saw how broken you were in those photos, I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. You mean a lot to me Dee" As he spoke I couldn't help tear up.

"Remember that day we found the old church?" With a nod of my head, he continued on "I told you that I would always be there for you, no matter what. I would hurt the person who hurt you, I'll never break that promise babe" he tells me as I reached up to hold his wrist that held my neck. "Remember it would be me and you against.."

"The world" I chuckled, finishing off his sentence making him smile. 

"I love you babe" leaning his forehead against mine.

"I love you" 

•••••••
------------
Enjoy!