💋 BOOK 4 PROLOGUE 💋

•••••••

••••••Snake

••••••
Snake

Who would have thought that the local baker would do jail time?
Kitana has been through a lot for the past few years, losing her father to cancer, losing her mother to drugs and alcohol, her little sister being kidnapped by the same girl who got Kitana in jail in the first place.
After the years she spent in jail she's finally released to head back home to reopen the bakery little did she know, Kitana would be opening up to someone she thought didn't care.

•••••••••

Kitana

2 years.
That's 24 months.
That's 730 days.

That's how much time I got sentence for all because some dumb ass bleach blonde of a whore decided to sell off my sister to some sex/ human trafficking pieces of shit. The Compton's. All because she wanted money and because Alison was with Gunner, Pearl wanted things she couldn't have so she had to mess everyone else around. How did I end up in prison for 2 years? Politely I put a gun to her and the guy she was fucking at the time turns out the guy was a cop.

The day that Pearl took Rebecca, my 4-year-old sister, was the day I had been jumped, mugged, beaten whatever you want to call it and told that Pearl had taken my little sister for payment all because I wouldn't do her dirty work anymore. I had already gotten into trouble with Anastasia and Big Bass for the shit that I had to do, all because I was the new girl and she was jealous of how the guys were getting old ladies.

My sister meant a lot to me even though she was my half-sister.

I was only meant to get about a year but the dumb bitch blamed me for getting her head smashed in by Alison, I don't blame Alison for doing what she did and I was happy to take the 2 years because at the end of the day I didn't have anyone to come home to. I didn't have a man in my life. All I had was my mum and my sister but our mother was never home always out getting high or getting drunk, so when I asked Alison if she could look after Rebecca for me I knew that she would be safe.

All I had to do was finish my time and get the hell outta here, reopen the shop and stay away from the drama but I had a feeling it wasn't going to be that easy. When Alison first came to visit I was debating on actually going to see her but when she said that they had Rebecca I knew I had to see them.

Something was going to happen whether it was in here or outside in the real world, my skin was itching.

I have been in here for 6 months now, I have been shanked and I have been bashed it's all part of being inside. Jail is a scary place, people will gang up on you just because your fresh meat, you're the newbie.

As I sat with the girls from my block playing cards about 5 or 6 new inmates were walking through the yard carrying their basket full of their things. The girls around us started to wolf whistle and yell at the newbies when I looked at the last girl I saw someone that I would of hope to have never see again. Pearl...

I slowly stood up from my seat as I caught her eyes I smirked as I saw fear wash over her face when she finally recognised me for what she had done to me I was going to make her pay. She quickly scurried off with the others I couldn't help but chuckle to myself. "You know her?" Mel asks when I sit back down.

"That would be the girl that put me in here," I tell her and the rest of the girls, there was only 5 of us. Mel who was in here for grand theft, Scars who was in here for assault, Birdie who was in here for attempted murder and then there is mute who was in for drug trafficking. Once we got back to our block we noticed that the cell next to mine was open, as I went to mine I heard her annoying voice introduced herself to the girls "Hi I'm Pearl"

"Yeah we already who you are," Mel says.

"H-How..?" Pearl asked as I walked back out of my cell Pearl had her back to me till Mel lifted her chin to say 'look behind you'. "S-shit," she mumbles to herself when she turns around to see me standing there behind her. "H-Hey Kit, h-how have you been?" She asks me making me snarl at her as I stepped closer to her. "L-look Kit I-I am so sorry"

I grabbed her by the throat slamming her against the wall that was between the cell doors making her scream a little before I place my other hand over her mouth. "Shut up" I growled out before I continued on "you better watch your fucking back" I stared deep into her eyes as she shook in fear "got it?" I asked her, Pearl nodded her head quickly before I stepped back away from her running my eyes over her prison grey tracksuit covered body smirking as I saw how scared she was.

"What's going on here?" I heard someone ask as the girls behind me say hello to Mr Howell, he was one of the guards that patrolled around. I kept my eyes on Pearl till I heard Mr Howell walk closer "Hanson?" He asked me making me turn my head to look at him.

"Nothing Mr Howell," I tell him, making him hum before looking past me to Pearl. "Just welcoming the newbie" I smirked once I turned my head to look at Pearl.

"Aren't you meant to be in the kitchen Hanson?" Mr Howell asks me.

"Im on my way now," I tell him giving Pearl one last look before I looked towards the girls who gave me a nod before Mr Howell escorts me out of our block. I had to take a deep breath as my hands clenched into fists before letting it all go, I had to be strong.

I couldn't let Pearl get to me.

••••••••
—————-
I hope you enjoy the start of Book 4!
Gina! 💋