B4/C5

••••••

Kitana

Have you ever felt like everything was against you?

That you weren't able to do things right?

Or even the littest things wanted to see you fuck up?

Well, that's how I felt today when I got up this morning. First, the coffee machine broke, then Rebecca wanted to wear her yellow sundress that was still sitting in the laundry bin (which I still had not done yet) so she decided to throw a fit about it, then we were running late for me to drop her off at school. It was the first time I was doing this all by myself without the help of Alison.

When I walked into the school Rebecca's teacher looked at me funny, even asked who I was.

"If you're her sister then where have you been?" the teacher had asked me.

"Prison" was all I said to her before she backed away from me and went into the classroom looking scared like I was about to hurt her. I sighed as I run my hand over my face and left the school, I was making my way towards the little bakery that I owned but sadly had to close because of what had happened. When I pulled up right outside the shop I saw Alison and Phoenix walk across the road since they had their stores on the other side of the road.

"I got a call from the principal, saying you scared Ms Quinn," Alison says.

I laughed shaking my head "She asked where I had been so I told her" shrugging my shoulders as the girls laugh "I'll speak with the principle later" I waved her off as I grabbed the keys for the shop, unlocking the door before we all walked inside. It was dark and dusty even cobwebs were everywhere, this place needed a full-on clean before I could get it back up and running again.

"Ah, Kit you might want to have a look at this" I heard Phoenix yell from the back where the kitchen was when I walked in followed by Alison the back door was wide open with a broken lock, glass and paperwork were everywhere. As I walked over the mess towards the office broken door I noticed that someone had opened the safe that was kept in the corner of the office room. I rushed over towards it but I had found it empty, the only other person who knew about the code was my mother. "Kit..." I heard Alison called out for me as I just stood there looking into the empty safe.

I wiped away the tears and turned on my heels and walked out of the room pushing pass the girls as I walked out of the bakery towards my car while Phoenix and Alison followed after me calling my name. "Kit stop, we will find who did this" Alison says making me stop in my tracks, from the corner of my eye I saw a few motorcycles parked across the street.

"What's going on?" Tor asks coming up behind the girls with Snake and Gunner.

"Someone broke into the store," Phoenix tells them.

"Okay, we will get the police involved," Tor says but I shake my head no.

"Why not?" Snake speaks up stepping forward.

"Because!" I yelled out but I shook my head "because I might already know who" I mumbled before turning to get into my car. I knew I just had to get away from everyone, so that is what I did leaving my friends behind standing there calling out for me outside the store my father had left me. I looked in my rearview mirror to see a motorcycle following me shaking my head as I shifted gears to go faster trying to lose the guy I had felt something for. Snake.

Pulling into my mother's driveway, a few seconds later Snake pulls up behind me glaring at me as I get out of my car. "What the hell were you thinking driving recklessly?" He growls out as he gets off his bike.

"Why the hell are you following me?"

"Because you're driving around like some crazy-ass woman," he says taking off his helmet.

"Just leave, I've got it sorted," I tell him before walking over to the front door but I saw that it was open when I was about to go in Snake stopped me as he pulled out his gun slowing opening the door wider he stepped inside telling me to wait but I saw past him someone was lying on the floor. So I pushed past him as he calls out my name for me to stop but I don't, I rushed towards my mother's body shaking her as I called for her to wake up as I looked her over she was lying in a puddle of blood by her head.

Snake kneels down feeling her neck to see if she had a pulse before he pulled out his phone "she has a faint pulse, she needs to get to the hospital" he tells me before telling the operator that we needed an ambulance.

*****

When I woke up this morning I never thought I'd be sitting at the hospital waiting for my mother to wake up, turns out she had been hit over the head. As I stare out the window watching the sunset in the distance, Alison had to pick up Rebecca while I sat here all day waiting for the doctor to tell me what had happened plus dealing with the police asking questions upon questions.

I could hear the beeping of the machines in the room, people walking up and down in the hall but I pushed it all away leaning my head against the cold glass window as it soothed my headache. My mother was lying in the hospital bed sleeping while the doctors were worried about her since she had a little bleed on her brain.

But my mind kept going back to what the cops kept asking "Do you know who would have done this?" "Did you know that your mother is a user?" The questions kept going on and on.

I heard someone walk into the room knowing who it was as I could see the black clothing "here" his husky voice says handing me a takeaway coffee cup. I take a sip of the coffee feeling the warm liquid go down my throat as I sigh. I could feel Snakes eyes on me watching to see if I will break down or not. I knew I had to be strong for my little sister, for myself. I had barely said anything to anyone only nodding or shaking my head to the doctor and the police. I just didn't get my Snake was still here, he had followed after the ambulance and waited with me. I looked over at him as he stared at the floor in front of him, he must have felt me looking at him because his eyes snapped to mine. It made my heart beat faster whenever I looked into his eyes, it made me feel wanted like someone actually cared for me.

But I tore my eyes away from him and continued to drink my coffee watching the sunset more.

••••
---------
Enjoy!