B4/C17

••••••

Did anyone notice the new cover?

Kitana

I felt like shit, my body was heavy and my was head pounding like someone was hitting it with a hammer. An annoying beeping sound came from my left side and I knew immediately it was a heart monitor, I knew that sound from anywhere being in medical at the prison a few times you get used to the sound but then I remembered I wasn't in prison anymore I was home. that's when I remembered everything. The flames crawling closer, the smoke alarms going off and then finally the explosion. My eyes snapped opened as I looked around the room, it was dark with only the light behind my head-on, the blinds to the room were closed I slowly sat up looking around the room more when a nurse walks into the room.

She smiles at me when she realizes that I was awake. "Hi I'm nurse Jackie it's good to see that you're awake."

"How long have I been here for?"

"Just a couple of days you took a nasty knock to the head," she says writing down things on my chart. "Everything is looking normal but the doctor wants to keep you in for a few more days now that you are awake" I nodded my head. "Do you need anything for the pain?"

"Yes please"

"I will be back with some painkillers. Oh, your mother is waiting outside the room for you, I'll let her know that your awake" looking confused as to why my mother was back in town I was going to tell the nurse no but she had already closed the door behind her. A seconds later my actual mother walks into the room, it looks like she had stepped out of a magazine, her hair was nicely done, her nails were painted, she was wearing designer clothing along with a jacket with shoes and a handbag to match.

"Hey sweetheart," she says as I just stared at her in shock, how the hell could she afford all of this when she was broke and asking me for money to pay off her stupid fucking debt.

"How... what... what the hell are you doing here?" I asked her I was pissed off that's for sure.

"Don't be rude" she says taking a seat in one of the chairs in the room, setting her bag down before taking off her jacket. "I am here because I am your mother, I got a called from the police saying there was an explosion at the bakery and that you were injured and was rushed to the hospital."

"You haven't been a mother for the past 6and a half years, why start now?" I snapped at her.

"I was going through a horrible time in my life, I just lost my husband"

"I needed you too, not only did I lose my dad I lost you too. I was there picking you off the floor because I didn't want you to be lying in your own vomit. I was there for a punching bag because you couldn't find the money to buy your next fix or your next drink. I was there when Rebecca was born and I was the one who had to look after her, I was not only her sister but I was her mother when it should have been you who was feeding her or even changing her nappy." I tell her my hands clenched into fists.

"You have been hanging around that biker bitch and that gang far too long," she says and I knew who she was talking about, Juliet. Juliet knew everyone in this town, mostly because she grew up here and that she was pretty much a queen in the MC but she was respected by everyone in town. Even when her husband went to jail she still kept her head held high and walked around like she owned it all.

"Do not bring that club up, they helped me when you didn't"

"Hm well if that's so why were you in prison?" she asks tilting her head to the side.

"Because I put a gun to a cops face and also the whore that took Rebecca and sold her off for money" she looked at me like I was crazy "Yeah you had Rebecca that day and you let Pearl take her but I guess she gave you money so you didn't care," I said shaking my head, my heart was pounding fast I knew it before the heart monitor picked it up. I just wanted my mother to leave.

After a few minutes of silence "What do you want?" I asked her as she fiddled with her fingers.

"I have come to take you and Rebecca home with us?"

"Us?" I lift my eyebrow.

"Daniel and I"

"Oh, so the new man? Is that how you got the clothes?" I shook my head "My sister and I are not going anywhere with you"

"You know I will find her and I will be taking her with me," my mother says before handing me a piece of paper with her phone number on it. "I will be leaving in a few days and I expect you both to be ready" she grabs her bag and jacket before walking out of my room. I sighed heavily once she was gone that was when the headache had gotten worst and the nurse walked in with my painkillers.

*****

After a few more hours of sleep, I woke up to see Snake sitting in my one the chairs with Rebecca on his lap as he helped her with her reading. I couldn't help but smile Snake looks over at me, seeing that I was now awake he whispered in Rebecca's ear and that was when she snapped her head up looking at me. "Kitty!" She jumps off Snake's lap and up onto the bed with me before wrapping her arms around my waist. "You scared me, Kitty" I heard her mumble.

I wrapped my arms around her "I know baby im sorry. Have you been good?" I ask her, nodding her head closing my eyes as we just have our moment but I knew I needed to speak with Snake about the talk with my mother that I had earlier. When I finally open my eyes Juliet walks into the room with some flowers placing them on the side table.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" She asks kissing my cheek.

"Im alright, is it okay if I talk to Snake for a minute?" I asked her, giving me a nod in understanding Juliet helps Rebecca down off the bed before taking her out of the room telling her that they could go get ice cream and lots of it. I smiled shaking my head till I heard Snake move closer.

"I know you're going to ask about the store but this is more important. My mother came to visit me last night, she wants to take Rebecca and I away from here. I need to keep Rebecca away from her, I have no idea what she is up to but I have a bad feeling." I tell him.

"I can take her to Washington but im not sure if my mother will go there to look for her. Im scared Snake" I took a shaky breath as he grabs my hand.

"No one is going to take her away, the club will protect that little girl, I will protect her. No need to all the way to Washington alright?" He stoking my cheek as I lean my head into his warm touch I nodded my head. After telling him more about my mother I also told him what had happened at the store, I didn't know how had done it but until we find out who did it Rebecca and I were staying at the clubhouse and I didn't argue with him.

•••••
---------
Enjoy!