B4/C15

•••••

Snake

*flashback (third-person pov)*

Both brothers were a year apart Mike being oldest, so when Snake was 16 he started to prospect for the club Armoured Beasts under Tor's father as he was the president at the time. Mike was the popular jock that wanted to make it big for the NFL and Snake (Cooper)was the bad boy type but had the brains that Mike never had. Out of the brother's Mike got most of the girls for being on the football team and every chance he got, Mike would rub it in Cooper's face.

They were always at each other's throats, whether it was sitting at the dinner table with their parents or in the halls at school.

One day they took it too far when Mike and his teammates decided to pull a prank on one of Cooper's friends, Dee. She was like a sister to him. She was sitting with Cooper in science class which was mixed with some of Mike's year in it. Mike had walked behind Dee pretending to trip he pushed Dee into a lit bunsen burner, burning her face and hand catching her hair as well. Mike and his friends laughed as she screamed, Cooper tried everything he could but her skin was too burnt she had to go to the hospital.

As Mike went off to football training Cooper and his friends Ace (same Ace who in the club) and Kurt came looking for him, Snake (Cooper) was furious with his older brother. So when they noticed that he was on the football field they walked over to him ignoring the coach yelling to get off the field. All hell broke loose between the two brothers, punches were thrown it got to the point where Cooper had broken his brother's arm. Turns out he was never able to play football again, he had torn a muscle in his throwing arm and it never healed. Mike was the QB for the team so the game meant everything to him, so having his arm broken meant he wasn't going to live out his dream and get into a school on my football scholarship.

Snake's parents were furious with him for what he had done to Mike's arm and kicked him out of the house, even though Mike had burnt one of his best friends they didn't care, they didn't believe that they're older son could do such a thing. Calling Dee a no-hoper etc.

*flashback over*

I licked my lips as my hands were in fists remembering that was the last time I ever saw my brother and my parents, I had dropped out of school and never stepped foot back into the family house again. There were times I would see my parents doing town but I stayed clear of them as they watched their older son walk straight on by like I never knew them. I sighed as I turned to look at Kitana who was now sitting on the couch next to me. She had been quiet while I was speaking about my past.

Her eyes slowly looked up at mine and it was like I couldn't read her for once. I didn't know what she was thinking or what she was about to do or even say.

"Do.. Do you know what happened to your friend?" She asked me but I shook my head no.

"After visiting her a few times in the hospital her parents packed up and left town, we didn't realise that she had moved till we were knocking on their front door. She even disconnected her cell" I shrugged my shoulders but Kitana quickly stood up walking out of the room towards her bedroom, I followed after her thinking she was going to throw up but instead, she was looking through things.

"In prison, I was in a unit with this girl she had told me about how she had received these scars half her face looked like it had melted off and also her left hand and arm," Kitana says as she digs through what looks like photos, till she came across one and walked over to me handing me a photo of her and 3 other girls. Kitana pointed to the girl she was talking about "she called herself Scars, till she told me how she had gotten them. Someone had pushed her into a bunsen burner in class and was rushed to the hospital, she doesn't really remember much else."

I stared at the photo I saw the girl I had grown up with her long black hair but in the photo, it was short with it shaved on the side. She had tattoos now it was hard to see what she had on her neck but when we were growing up she always wanted a tattoo on the side of her neck. In the photo standing in prison sweats was one of my childhood friends. "That's Dee" I mumbled but loud enough for Kitana to hear me. "Do you know how she got there?" I asked her handing the photo back to her.

"Yeah, she was in for assault. She had this boyfriend now an ex who was sleeping around she caught him in the act and started throwing punches at him and the girl. For what she told me the guy was a dick and deserved it" Kitana shrugged her shoulders.

******

The next day I dropped Kitana off at the shop early before heading to the clubhouse as the sun was slowly rising. When I pulled in I saw Ace standing outside with a cup of coffee and having a smoke as he leans on the railing. "Sup bro," he says once I walk over to him. "You look like shit"

"Was up all night thinking." Running my hand over my short cut hair, I sighed "My brother is living next door to Kitana" once I tell him that he spat out his coffee all over the bikes that were parked in front of the railings, wiping his mouth as he turns to face me.

"What. The. Fuck" he growls out before calling out for a prospect to clean the mess he had just made. "Are you fucking serious or are you fucking playing with me?" He asks making me raise an eyebrow at him, he knew I didn't joke around a lot and when it came to my family I was always serious about them. "Fucking hell. How did you find out?"

"He was walking out of his apartment when he saw us about a few steps from hers, had the guts to warn her about me being trouble and to stop hanging around me"

"Please tell me you told her about what happened?" He says looking at me giving him a nod as he sighed in relief. "I miss that little short ass" he chuckles shaking his head.

"Turns out Kitana knows Dee too"

"How?" frowning at me.

"Dee is in prison, got arrested for assault on her ex-boyfriend caught him and another chick fucking"

Ace started to laugh knowing that she was always feisty. "I wouldn't mind catching up with the shortie, do you when she has visitations?"

I shook my head "but Kitana said she's got her parole coming up, they were in the same unit and knew her pretty well" I tell him before we heard the rumble of Tor's and Big Bass's motorcycles as they pull into the compound.

"Make sure you get every spot man," Ace tells the prospect before we follow our pres and VP inside to start the day.

••••••
---------
Enjoy!