Chapter Four: Classes and Foolish Wand-waving

Y/N POV

I woke up in my bed in the boy's dorm to find myself the one awake,along with Snowball. Probably because it's 6:30 in the morning.

Why am I even awake this early? Classes start around 9 o'clock.

Regardless, I got out of my bed, got my robes together, which now emblazoned the Gryffindor house crest where the Hogwarts crest originally was, and got ready for class. First class was with Professor McGonagall for Transfiguration, so I decided to read up on it for a while. I barely even noticed how much time I used up to read.

"Y/N?" I turned around and saw Hermione, who had seemed to just woken up and was fixing her frizzy hair. "What are you doing up this early?"

"I was getting ready for the first class. How long was I reading? I woke up really early." I asked her.

"It's 6:52 ." She said. "What time did you wake up exactly?"

"6:30. I got ready in 22 minutes?" I whispered.

"Wow, and you've been reading for Transfiguration?" She asked, looking at the book I was reading.

"Yeah, it sounds interesting! I can't wait to see what it's about." I said excited.

At that moment, Snowball came in and jumped on the couch and sat down next to me. Hermione saw the cat and her face filled with joy. "Aww, is this your cat?" She asked me.

"Yeah, she is

"Yeah, she is. Mum bought her and Lana's cat, Patch as an early birthday present. Her name is Snowball." I said as I stroked her fur.

"She is so adorable! May I hold her?" She asked. I nodded with a smile and she took the cat in her hands. Snowball actually seems really comfortable with her purred softly as Hermione stroked her fur very smoothly. "When is your birthday, actually?"

"I was born on September 9th in 1979. I'm six minutes older than Lana. When's yours?" I asked her.

"September 19th, 1979. You're older than me by 10 days?" She said in surprise.

"I guess so." I said with a chuckle. "Oh, hey, what's this at her leg?" I spotted a twine tie with a note attached to it around one of Snowball's legs, which wasn't too tight, but perfect enough for her to take and not hurt her. I untwisted the tie and looked at the note.

Y/N,

Can you meet me by the library? I need to talk to you.

Lana

"Ah, brilliant move, Lana." I said. "Hey, Hermione, do you think you can take care of Snowball for me until breakfast? I need to talk to my sister."

"Sure, no problem! Your cat is so cute, I could hold her in my hands for days."

"Thank you so much, I owe you one!" I said, hugging her and rushing off to the library, leaving the bushy-haired girl with a huge blush on her face.