Chapter 14: Escape from the Dursley's

Y/N POV

This summer has been fun, to say the least. A couple days ago, Lana and I, along with Snowball and Patch, came to Ron's home, otherwise known as the Burrow, to stay there for the rest of the summer while Mum had her Auror duties for the Ministry of Magic.

It was quite the sight, very rustic, but very unique to say.

Lana and I arrived by Floo powder and Mrs. Weasley has been taking care of us since we got here. We did have some fun with Fred and George with their pranks, talking to Ron about our 2nd year at Hogwarts and getting to know Ginny, the youngest of the Weasleys and their only daughter. I did get to write to Hermione everyday like I told her, almost nonstop but Harry hadn't been writing to me, Lana or Ron.

On the other hand, Hermione did write that she asked for permission from her parents to stay with the rest of us and they said yes, so she was gonna come here by Floo powder that I had sent her with my last letter by tonight. By nightfall, I was waiting by the Weasley's fireplace, waiting for her to arrive. As I waited for her, Ron, Lana and I were talking about Harry. He could be held against his will with the Dursleys. Harry did describe them as horrible last year. So tonight, after Hermione comes to the Burrow, the four of us, along with Fred and George, were to take Mr. Weasley's car, which he had enchanted with all sorts of spells and charms, and take Harry ourselves from 4 Privet Drive.

I waited a little while longer on the Weasley's couch with Lana, who was reading one of Ms. Weasley's books (She didn't even touch her books by Gilderoy Lockhart, she absolutely hated him and so do I.) until the fires turned light green and out came a familiar bushy-haired girl, who smiled at me as I watched her step out of the fireplace.

"Y/N!" She cried out as she ran and hugged me as Lana and I stood up. "I've missed you so much." She said as she placed her head on my chest.

"I've missed you too, 'Mione." I said as I returned the hug. She then separated from me and hugged Lana as well.

"Right then," Ron said behind us. "The gang's back. So how about we get our best mate back, eh?"

Harry POV

I was stuck in my room after what that little punk, Dobby, did to Mr. Dursley's guests. They had also kept my belongings and Hedwig in my old room under the cupboard, Uncle Vernon had put bars on my window and Dobby had stopped all mail from Ron, Y/N, Hermione or Lana from coming to me.

I was laying in bed, waiting for what to do for the rest of the summer, and potentially, the rest of my life, until I heard an engine roar directly outside my room.

'Wait, what?' I thought to myself. 'This house has two floors and I'm on the second.'

I got up from the bed and ran over to my barred window to find a car floating, yes floating, in front of me with a couple of familiar faces. (The Ford seats five people, but let's say it can hold more people.)

"Hiya, Harry!" Ron called out.

"Ron?!" I called out. "Fred? George? Y/N, Lana, Hermione? What are you doing here?

"Rescuing you, of course!" Y/N said. ""Go on, get your trunk! We'll take care of the bars. "

I went toward my wardrobe and pulled out anything I owned out of it and stuffed them in my trunk, which they didn't put away. As I did that, Fred and George pulled out a chain, tossed it to the window and broke it along with the wall, earning a couple of snickers from the pranksters.

"Come on, Harry!" Fred yelled at me.

"Wait!" I shouted. "I've forgotten Hedwig!"

"Where is she?" Y/N asked as he poked out the window.