Chapter 43: The Second Task

Y/N POV

February eventually came around and the second task was the next day. Hermione has been helping me loads about it on how to breathe underwater, along with snogging me occasionally. We found out something about the Bubble-head charms, which Professor Flitwick had taught us privately about and Newt gave us some spare Gillyweed.

"This should allow you to breathe underwater," he said. "I've used some for my Kelpie, never know when you need Gillyweed."

Hermione, Lana, Harry and I were in the Library, but Harry was actually reading for once. We didn't get the chance to tell him, so he continued to read and speak his mind. Luna was also there to talk and comfort us.

"Potentially problematic?" He asked. "When was the last time you held your breath under the water for a hour?"

As he continued to study, Mad-Eye walked in the library and toward us. "Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office."

We all stood up as Mad-eye outstretched his hand and waved it to gesture us to remain seated. "Not all of you, just Weasley, Granger, and the younger Lovegood."

Hermione and I looked at each other and looked back at Moody. "But sir," Hermione said. "The second task is only hours away and..."

"Exactly." Mad-Eye said. "Presumably Potter and the Lovegoods are well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep..."

"Can I at least talk to Y/N in private?" She asked.

"Make it quick!"

Hermione took my hand and pulled me away from the others where we were just alone. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me deeply as I kissed her back and hugged her close to me. As we let go of each other to breathe, she placed her forehead on mine and said, "You're gonna do great. I know it, babe."

I smiled at her as she giggled

I smiled at her as she giggled. "I'll save you," I said to her. "I told you last year, I'll always be there to save you. I love you so much, 'Mione."

"I love you more," Hermione said as she kissed me again. "See you soon, Love." She kissed me one more time, squeezed my hand and left with Ron, Luna and Mad-Eye.

After they left, Harry, Lana and I kept studying in the library. Hermione's words were echoing in my head, they were all I could think about.

Unfortunately, we all fell asleep in the library and drifted off into our dreams.

And it came back again. Those damn nightmares.

It was exactly what I saw last year when I touched the crystal ball on accident. I was in the graveyard again, with Harry, Lana and Cedric, but things felt different this time. I now wore another ring on my right hand, next to the Map ring Hermione got for my birthday, but it was silver and had a bluish stone in it. From a distance, I thought I saw Lana wearing one that looked the same. Things played out exactly how it should have from the last time