62). Unbreakable Vow/ Anniversary

3rd POV

Draco Malfoy was waiting for the right time to enter the Room of Requirement as everyone was pasting by for Professor Slughorn. He didn't know what had happened in the Room, and was in for a surprise as he arrived at where the room opened up.

The Room was now full to the brim with magical and strange objects as Draco looked for what he was searching for. On his way, he saw what had happened when someone was last in the Room. The destroyed model of the Death Eater was still sprawled around with pieces, some coated with blood. Draco had heard that his cousin, Y/N, was last in the room after a breakdown triggered by Cormac McLaggen.

And for the first time in his life... he felt sorry for him.

He recalled over the years that he had tormented Lana and Y/N, along with Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and the infamous Harry Potter. Since his second year, he knew about how they were Grindelwald's grandchildren, and due to his parent's ambitions for him, he was brought up the way he was. After Katie's attack, which he orchestrated, he felt guilt, remorse, all of the emotions welled up inside him.

He was made a servant of Lord Voldemort by his parents. He did have the Dark Mark. He was a Death Eater in Hogwarts.

But he didn't want any of it.

He wanted a life where he could do what he wanted without his names described with great evil. He felt guilt for everything, but he didn't want to admit it. He felt sorry for calling Hermione "Mudblood," mocking Harry numerous times, and hurting Y/N and Lana several times.

They were his cousins. Why didn't he try to make up with them? Talk to them like people and respect their choices?

Because of his father's damn philosophies about blood-purity, like Voldemort's. Draco didn't want anything to do with them.

But he was scared of Voldemort. So he had to comply with it. Or one Avada Kedavra later, he would know no more.

Before he set himself to the task, he kneeled down at the damage that Y/N caused. All pure rage and brokenness went into the destruction. Because he loved Hermione and was afraid she'd leave him because of who he was.

But yet, Hermione still loved Y/N as well. No matter of who he was.

'How can Y/N have that?' Draco wondered to himself. 'We're the same. We're alike. He and his sister originated from Grindelwald and I'm a Malfoy. How was that different?'

It was simple. Y/N and Lana were brought up with a loving mother who taught them right from wrong. They were taught not to disrespect people for who they were, Muggle-borns, Squibs, Half-Bloods, Purebloods, whatever. They were caring, kind and loving towards their family, their friends, and their loved ones.

Draco was brought up by two Pure-Blood parents, one was a Death Eater, one wasn't, but both were obsessed with blood purity. Draco was taught how Pure-bloods were above all, and anything lesser was treated like dirt. And opposite of the twins, he called Muggle-borns "Mudbloods" and was rude to everyone.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," He said aloud to no-one present. "I'm sorry for everything I've done. I truly am." He got up to a cabinet, akin to the one he saw in Borgin & Burkes.

A Vanishing Cabinet.

He ran his hand across the door and brushed the dust off his fingers. He removed an apple from his pocket, opened the door and placed the apple in. He muttered something that no one knew, reached out again and opened the door.

The apple is gone.

He closed the cabinet and waited even longer. After a while, he opened it again and the apple had returned. He removed the apple from the cabinet and examined it.