Chapter 13: The Man with Two Face/ End of First Year

Harry POV

"You!" I gasped at the purple-turbaned man.

His face contorted to a wicked smile as Y/N scowled once more.

"Me." he said. "I wondered whether I'd be meeting you here, Potter. Didn't expect Lovegood to be here though."

"You're not stuttering." Y/N says. "You're the true thief Snape mentioned."

"But I thought," I began. "Snape..."

"Severus?" Quirrell laughed as he spoke, no longer stuttering as often. " He does seem the type, doesn't he? So useful to have him swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell?"

I couldn't take it, but Snape was away acting like it. He truly acted evil.
"But Snape tried to kill me!" I yelled.

"No, no, no. I tried to kill you." He said. "Lovegood and his little girlfriend Miss Granger accidentally knocked me over as they rushed to set fire to Snape at that Quidditch match. They broke my eye contact with you. Few more seconds and I'd have got you off that broom. I'd have managed it before then if Snape hadn't been muttering a countercurse, trying to save you."

I was truly astonished at what he said. "Snape was trying to save me?"

"Of course." Qurriell said. "It was a waste of time and Dumbledore was always around watching, even after the troll I let loose-"

A bolt of lighting was shot from behind me toward Qurriell, who easily dodged and looked back at me. I turned around to see Y/N aiming his wand towards Qurriell ready to attack him with hate in his eyes and an angry expression on his face.

"YOU LET THAT MONSTER NEARLY KILL MY BEST FRIEND AND MY SISTER!" He shouted.

Qurriell snapped his fingers and ropes sprang out and wrapped themselves around the both of us. "You're both too nosy to live. Scurrying around the school on Halloween like that, for all I knew you'd seen me coming to look at what was guarding the stone. I have a gift with trolls, you saw the troll in the bathroom. Snape had already suspected me, went straight to the third floor to head me off and not only did my troll fail to kill you, Potter, but that dog didn't manage to bite Snape's leg off properly." He was right in front of us as he was talking on and on about his plan.

"Hey Quirrell, for someone who was faking a stutter, you really talk too much." Y/N said as he got his attention. "Guess no-one wanted to hear you go on and on about your damn iguana, you connard." (Translation: Y/N basically called Quirrell a bastard in French).

"Ahh, the Lovegood boy, a Gryffindor through and through." Quirrell said. "My master would be very pleased to meet you. Seeing as he was the one who killed your father."

"Now wait quietly, you both." Quirrell commanded the both of us. "I need to examine this interesting mirror."

He turned around to something I never thought I would see again. Y/N gasped as he saw what Quirrell was trying to look into. It was the Mirror of Erised.

"This mirror is the key to finding the Stone." Quirrell muttered. "Trust Dumbledore to come up with something like this...but he's in London...I'll be far away by the time he gets back."

'He really does like to talk too much.' I thought. Then it came to me. I looked to Y/N and as he looked to me, I could tell he just read my mind.

'We have to keep him talking!'

"Snape...always suspected me all along. Tried to frighten me -- as though he could, when I had Lord Voldemort on my side..."