59). Back to the Burrow

Y/N POV

July 6th came around when Hermione and I were getting ready to surprise Anne at the orphanage. We were talking with her caretaker and she told us that she was holding a small 12th birthday party with the other children around 2. Mum offered to Apparate us there via Side-Along Apparation, so we took the offer, but it wasn't gonna be pleasant. Lana and Harry were staying back home to relax and Luna had went back with Uncle Xeno.

"I have to warn you," Mum told the both of us as she put on her coat. "It's not gonna be great the first time. At least you'll learn how to Apparte this year. I'm afraid I can't Apparate back though."

"That's alright," I said as Hermione took my hand. "We can teleport back or make a Portkey."

"How will it be like?" Hermione asked.

"I tell you, not so pleasant," Mum said. "When Dad, or Dumbledore, had to bring me anywhere, he made sure I was comfortable when he was apparating. I threw up the first time."

Hermione's grip on my hand as I reassured her I was gonna be there. Mum reached out both of her hands as we grabbed on. And just then, we were in a darkish cloud which made me lurch at how we were moving. I thought I was gonna lose my lunch. Good thing I have a strong stomach apparently.

Unfortunately, it wasn't the same for Hermione. As we arrived, Hermione immediately went for the nearest bin and threw up. We quickly went after her and I patted her back and held her hair back. Mum quickly apologized as Hermione was done, but Hermione said it was okay and she didn't know she would throw up. I grabbed her some water as we set down the owl we bought and Mum had apparated to Hogwarts.

"You gonna be okay, Love?" I asked as we sat down and I continued to rub her back and kissed her cheek.

"Yeah, I think so," Hermione said as she moved closer to me and looked me in the eyes. "Thanks for helping me with that back there, too." She managed a small smile on her face.

"Of course, babe," I said. "I'm your boyfriend, I have to make sure you're in good health."

"I appreciate that," She smiled again. "I would kiss you, but I'm afraid my breath smells."

I responded with a peck on her nose. "Then I guess that will do for right now," I smiled back. "Come on, Anne's waiting. Even if she doesn't know we're here.

A woman came outside where we were sitting and her footsteps grabbed our attention as we turned around. "Oh, are you two the couple that Anne has been telling me about?" She asked as we nodded. "I'm Grace, the party's about to start. Come in, come in!" She said with a smile as we both got up.

We walked into the room Grace led us to find kids around Anne's age or younger, watching the girl about to blow out her candles. Anne was in front of us, but didn't know we were behind her. Hermione and I looked at each other with smiles on our faces as we walked behind her and covered her eyes with our hands.
"Hey, who's there?" Anne asked as she felt both our hands. "Wait... Y/N? Hermione?" We both removed our hands as she turned around and smiled at us. "You came!" She cried happily and hugged the both of us. God, we missed her so much.

"Of course we would!" Hermione said. "How else were we gonna give you your gift?" I quickly went back (I couldn't use the ring, there are Muggles around), grabbed the owl and came back with it in my hands. Anne gasped as she laid her eyes on the owl. "You got an owl for me?" She asked.

"Yep," I said. "So that when you write to us, you don't have to wait for Hedwig to come around. You can send it immediately to us." I handed the cage to her as the other kids looked at us with strange looks. "Oh, and these too," Hermione gave her what Fred and George gave us.