Chapter 32: Reconciliation & Visions

Y/N POV

Well, that happened.

I thought I was going to be called mental, but it connected the dots anyway.

And I certainly didn't expect to be kissed on the lips either. But it felt good anyway. In fact, better than Hosgmeade.

Hermione continued to kiss me until we both needed to breathe. As we both caught our breath, she looked me in the eyes for a few moments and giggled, just like our first one.

"Hey, guys? As much as I liked to see my best friend and twin brother snogging..." Lana said. "What are we going to do about this?"

"Well, we can't tell the boys." Hermione said as she still held my hand. "Ron still won't believe us that Crookshanks didn't eat him, he certainly wouldn't believe that his rat is an Amimagus."

"And that his rat had an unusual lifespan," I said. "Since rats live for like three years. We should talk to Newt about it, he'd know something about that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later, Hosgmeade came around, but something disturbing came around. Hermione had received a letter from Hagrid about Buckbeak. They lost. We also heard that Lupin took the Map away from Harry and Snape tried to figure out the Map as well.

"We have to tell them." Hermione said while her lips trembled. "They wanted to help before all this, right?"

"I guess you're right." I said. "We have to talk to them sooner or later."

We walked to the Common Room, where as the three of us entered, Ron glared furiously.

"Come to have a good gloat?" He said. "Or have you just been to tell on us?"

"No." Hermione said as her lip continued to tremble. "We just thought you ought to know...."

"Hagrid lost the case." I said quickly. "Buckbeak is sentenced to be executed."

"He sent us this." Hermione said as she gave the letter to Harry.

Dear Hermione, Lana and Y/N,

We lost. I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts. Execution date to be fixed. Beaky has enjoyed London.

I won't forget all the help you gave us.

-Hagrid.

"They can't do this." Harry said as he finished. "They can't. Buckbeak isn't dangerous."

"Malfoy's father frightened the Committee into it." Hermione said as she slowly dropped tears from her eyes while I wiped them off. "You know what he's like. They're a bunch of doddery old fools, and they were scared."

"There'll be an appeal, though, there always is." I said. "We can't see any hope... Nothing will have changed."

"Yeah, it will." Ron said. "You three don't have to do this work by yourselves this time. I'll help."

Lana smiled a little and hugged Ron, who awkwardly patted her head.

"Ron, I'm really, really sorry about Scabbers." Hermione apologized. The three of us knew that Wormtail was Scabbers, but we didn't want Ron to be mad at us again.

"Oh, well, he was old." Ron said relieved. "And he was a bit useless. You never know, Mum and Dad might get me an owl now."

"Glad to know you're not acting like a prick again." I said as I shook his hand. Later at Care for Magical Creatures, that was our only chance for us to talk to Hagrid. He still seemed numb with shock.