Chapter 41: The Yule Ball

Y/N POV

The day of the Yule Ball was inching closer and closer and Harry and Ron still had no luck finding a date. Harry had asked out Cho Chang at Hogsmeade but she was already going with Cedric, which severely disappointed him. We were in the Common Room, currently counting down the days till the day arrived. I was reading up on something with Hermione while Harry was sitting on a chair. We saw Dobby again, along with Winky as Dumbledore gave them jobs. Dobby even gave us presents, which were socks that he made himself. Hermione found him and the socks adorable as I kept mine.

I know of the people that were going with Lana and Luna, which were Sam Johnson and Kayla Rosario, two fourth-year Ravenclaws that they knew personally. I knew Sam, his real name is Samuel, but he's a nice guy, really intelligent and he was a transfer from America. I was glad he was going with Lana, but Ron was jealous about it. I got to know Kayla as well since Luna introduced us to her. She was cool, I suppose and she had told us that she asked Luna because she didn't really like guys like that, but it's okay, she's pretty nice.

Ron came in a couple minutes later, looking pale as hell as Ginny followed him in.

"What happened to you?" Harry asked him.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out." Ginny said.

Now this got my attention. Fleur was pretty, no doubt, but Ron to say that to her, when practically nearly every other boy wanted to go with her.

"What did she say?" Harry asked.

"No, of course," I said. "Every other guy wants to go with her."

But Ron shook his head. "She said yes?!" The three of us asked.

"There she was walking by," Ron croaked. "You know I like it when they walk..."

"I didn't know that and nor do I need to." I said, a little weirded out.

"I couldn't help it, it sort of slipped out." Ron finished.

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her." Ginny said. "It was a bit frightening."

"What did you do then?" Harry asked.

"What else?" Ron said. "I ran for it. I'm not cut out for this, Harry. I don't know what got into me."

"Didn't we suggest the Patil Twins?" I asked Hermione, who was watching Snuffles and Snowball playing with a toy.

"We did," She said. "Parvati's right there." She pointed out one of the twins who in fact was quite similar to me, since our respective twins were both in Ravenclaw, while we were Gryffindors.

"Hey, Parvati?" I asked. "Do you and your sister still not have dates to the ball?"

"No, I don't actually." She said to me. "Neither does Padma."

"Then I do have two candidates for you." I said, pointing out Harry and Ron. "Those two?" I asked as she smiled.

"I'll tell Padma."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night finally arrived as I was getting ready with the dress robes Mum sent. She had also sent a tie and some jewelry for Lana later, along with a letter and I was in the Room of Requirement, learning some things from Newt and Tina.

Dear Y/N and Lana,

Best of luck for the ball tonight! I'm so proud of you both and your father would be too. I'll try to come and see you both, and I did realize I forgot to send these to you too. Y/N, you're going with Hermione, yes? If so, that's amazing! I'm still so proud of you both. It's a special night for you both and the other champions, and I wish you both the best. You both are growing up so fast! I love you both so much.